Xbox Controller not connecting with Bluetooth

Discus and support Xbox Controller not connecting with Bluetooth in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; Hey everyone! I need some help with something. Just the other day I got a brand new iPad Pro 2020. I’ve been trying to connect my Xbox controller to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by The2ndComing, Jan 12, 2021.

1. The2ndComing
    The2ndComing Guest

Hey everyone!

I need some help with something. Just the other day I got a brand new iPad Pro 2020. I’ve been trying to connect my Xbox controller to it with Bluetooth but it isn’t working. The Xbox is off and unplugged, the controller is a few years old and the iPad is
    brand new. Other things are connecting but the Xbox controller isn’t showing up no matter how long I keep the linking button on. Is there something I’m doing wrong? Advice would be appreciated.

Thanks! Xbox Controller not connecting with Bluetooth :)

:)

The2ndComing, Jan 12, 2021
  2. I WonderBang I Win User

Xbox One S Bluetooth Compatibility...

The redesigned controller has added Bluetooth to make it easier to connect to a W10 PC. That is all. The Xbox One S does not use Bluetooth to connect to the controller.
  3. Internet Expert Win User

Does the Xbox One S console have Bluetooth Capability? I.E Bluetooth Headsets

There is no Bluetooth radio component in the Xbox One S console itself.

The controllers connect to the Xbox One S the same way the controllers connect to the original Xbox One: proprietary RF. You could technically connect an Xbox One S controller to an original Xbox One, and an original Xbox controller to the Xbox One S.

The Bluetooth functionality in the new Xbox One S controller is specifically made for connecting the controller to a Windows 10 PC with the "Anniversary" update, which has the drivers needed for the controller when connected via Bluetooth.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

not able to use headphones through 3.5 mm jack connected to xbox one controller when the controller is connected to pc via bluetooth

Is it possible to use the headphones via 3.5 mm jack connected to XBOX controller when the controller is connected to PC via bluetooth?
    Hi,

I'm afraid not, it's a limitation of using Bluetooth to connect the controller to a PC:

Take from the
    official support link

Things to keep in mind:

·
    For best performance, update your controller.

·
    Bluetooth is supported on PCs, tablets, and laptops. It is not supported on mobile devices.

·
    Bluetooth doesn’t support attachments such as headsets, chatpads or the Xbox Stereo Adapter.

·
    We recommend connecting only one controller at a time using Bluetooth.
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox doesn't connect to my PC, missing controller driver in the device manager

Hi JoJoMaster,

Thank you for the update. You only need an adapter if you are trying to connect wireless without using Bluetooth. You don't need an adapter to connect via Bluetooth, however not all Xbox One controllers support Bluetooth. On Bluetooth-supported controllers,
    the plastic around the Xbox button is part of the face of the controller. On controllers without Bluetooth, the plastic around the Xbox button is part of the top, where the bumpers are. It's a little hard to tell from your picture due to the lighting if your
    controller supports Bluetooth, but upon closer inspection it looks like it may be the older model that doesn't support Bluetooth. It's hard to tell from the picture so I could be wrong. If it's the older model (no 3.5mm port and plastic around the Xbox button)
    then this is the reason your laptop doesn't pick up the controller.

If you can confirm you have the controller model that supports Bluetooth, then follow

"Connect and troubleshoot Bluetooth on your Xbox One Wireless Controller"
    for steps on how to get the controller connected.

Let us know if you have any other questions.
  6. Mister Quasar Win User

xbox one controller for pc, adapter or bluetooth?

Hey GiddyCosine4817!

As Geth mentioned, Bluetooth connection to a Windows 10 device will work just fine for Xbox One controllers, depending on the model of the controller. Certain older Xbox One controllers do not support Bluetooth connections.

If you need help determining if your controller can connect via Bluetooth, check out the info under "Option 3" in our guide for

how to connect an Xbox One wireless controller to a Windows PC
Thema:

1. Xbox Controller not connecting with Bluetooth - Similar Threads - Controller connecting Bluetooth

2. Bluetooth connectivity to iPad with XBox Series S controller

in XBoX on Mobile
    Bluetooth connectivity to iPad with XBox Series S controller: Hi I can connect my Xbox series S controller to my ipad via bluetooth. However, when i launch the xbox app the app is telling me to connect the controller to the ipad, despite this already being...
  3. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller 2 pairs via Bluetooth to PC but won't connect

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller 2 pairs via Bluetooth to PC but won't connect: I received my new Xbox Elite wireless controller 2 few days ago and I had no problem pairing it to my PC via Bluetooth. The problem though is that after it worked the 1st time, now when I turn it...
  4. Xbox One Controller recognized when connected by USB, but not by Bluetooth

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One Controller recognized when connected by USB, but not by Bluetooth: I just bought a brand new Xbox One Controller for playing games on my Windows 10 computer. If I connect it to the computer using a USB cable, then it works fine. I am able to play games, and I...
  5. Xbox One Controller Bluetooth Won't Connect to PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One Controller Bluetooth Won't Connect to PC: Hello, I've recently run into an issue with my xbox controllers not being able to connect to my new PC. It was working just fine for a week since I've built the PC and then all of a sudden it...
  6. Xbox Series Controller won't connect to PC's Bluetooth

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series Controller won't connect to PC's Bluetooth: I don't know if this belongs here, but my new Series Controller just arrived today, and even though it runs perfectly while plugged into the pc with a USB-C, it doesn't want to connect to my pc's...
  7. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller on Windows 10 - Bluetooth connection issues (inability to...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller on Windows 10 - Bluetooth connection issues (inability to...: I just bought a brand new Elite Series 2 controller. It mostly works fine with bluetooth, but there are some quirks: Whenever I plug the controller into my Windows 10 PC for charging, it works...
  8. Xbox One BT Controller Not Automatically Connecting to PC Bluetooth After Unplugging From...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One BT Controller Not Automatically Connecting to PC Bluetooth After Unplugging From...: Hello, when switching plugging my controller to my computer I can't connect it back in bluethooth without delete it. It seems it is a known problem for a long time and i didn't find any answer :...
  9. Bluetooth Xbox Controller no long connects to one specific PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Bluetooth Xbox Controller no long connects to one specific PC: Hi all, I have a strange issue going on between my PC/Xbox controller. After initially pairing, I could turn on the controller and it would connect to my PC's Bluetooth without any issues. This...
  10. My Xbox series X/S controller does connect to my pc with bluetooth but wont work

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox series X/S controller does connect to my pc with bluetooth but wont work: Hi, I received my new xbox series x/s controller today but it doesnt work with bluetooth. It will connect but my pc doesnt get any responses. With a type c cable it works just fine. I also tried...