Xbox Controller not responsive

Discus and support Xbox Controller not responsive in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Short and simple After about 5 minutes of playing my controller decided to just freeze, still connected to my console but not responding. I bought a... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Matthexw, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Matthexw
    Matthexw Guest

Short and simple

After about 5 minutes of playing my controller decided to just freeze, still connected to my console but not responding. I bought a charge and play kit a few weeks before this started to happen but i don’t believe this is the reason

*I also own only one controller so cant try others*

Any help or solutions would be great!

:)

Matthexw, Jul 24, 2019
  2. Matthexw Win User

I think ill just have to admit my controller has died, purchase a new one and hope all is resolved
  3. Buachaill Dona Win User

Ok,

So can you try the controller on a PC via USB, so you can try and reset your controller that way? Here's another LINK
    explaining the process. Failing that it would make me think the controller is at fault.
  4. LunaLight7 Win User

Have you tried to see which keys don't respond? If the A key works, we can try to restore the console's factory settings. Alternatively you can restore it by connecting the Xbox app to the console, using it as a remote control.
  5. Buachaill Dona Win User

Hi there,

Does this also happen if it's connected via USB too? Try the USB without any batteries installed in the controller. And have you tried checking to see if there's an update available for your controller via the Xbox accessories app, or from Settings > Kinect
    & devices > Devices and accessories > then select the three little dots, to see if there's an update.
  6. Buachaill Dona Win User

Sadly I'm at a loss to explain the app issue. lol
Thema:

1. Xbox Controller not responsive - Similar Threads - Controller responsive

2. Problem with controller not being responsive when playing games or even using apps

in XboX Insiders
    Problem with controller not being responsive when playing games or even using apps: I have been running into an issue with my Xbox one controller lately when I’m playing games or even using app or even scrolling through the homescreen dashboard or even when I’m in the store. when...
  3. Xbox One controller left stick forward reduced response

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One controller left stick forward reduced response: My Xbox 360 pad which is about 4 Month old has the above issue. It started within a few weeks of getting it but went away again. It came back around a month ago. I can get it to work if I push on...
  4. Xbox one controller stuck in game. Xbox guide non responsive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one controller stuck in game. Xbox guide non responsive: I had the same black screen problem that has plagued gamers. I factory reset my Xbox one, fixed the screen issue, played bo4 zombies. Im finished playing and trying to watch Netflix. Press x for...
  5. My controllers left stick drifts and its response is slow.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controllers left stick drifts and its response is slow.: My controller's left stick sometimes drifts up or down when I'm not touching it and when I am using it it's responses are sluggish. I have another controller and it's working fine. I have done all...
  6. When will the XBOX ONE controller get impulse response triggers on PC games, not purchased ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will the XBOX ONE controller get impulse response triggers on PC games, not purchased ...: Xbox One and its controller have been on the market for 3 years now. Windows 10 has been out about 15-16 months. As the title states, why? Why hasn't Xinput been updated and expanded to utilize...
  7. Xbox One controller non responsive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One controller non responsive: So earlier today everything was fine but then I went to McDonalds and when I got back my controller wouldn't do anything. It is still connected to my Xbox because every time I turn on my...
  8. Xbox one controller for windows keeps going non responsive.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one controller for windows keeps going non responsive.: My controller will continue to go unresponsive while using it. It continues doing the same action i was doing but I have no control over it. If i unplug it and plug it back in a get control again...
  9. Controller Turns On but is completely un-responsive.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller Turns On but is completely un-responsive.: It happened when I plugged in my mic. I was playing Call of Duty and as I was playing I went to put my mic in and as I plugged it in my character in game started wonking out and was looking down...
  10. Controller thumb-sticks non-responsive and d-pad drift

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller thumb-sticks non-responsive and d-pad drift: Yesterday I tried to use my controller but the left thumbstick is not moving anything at all. Both on the home screen and in a game, nothing moves when the thumbsticks are moved. But when I press...