Xbox Controller not responsive

Discus and support Xbox Controller not responsive in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Short and simple After about 5 minutes of playing my controller decided to just freeze, still connected to my console but not responding. I bought a... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Matthexw, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Matthexw
    Matthexw Guest

Short and simple

After about 5 minutes of playing my controller decided to just freeze, still connected to my console but not responding. I bought a charge and play kit a few weeks before this started to happen but i don’t believe this is the reason

*I also own only one controller so cant try others*

Any help or solutions would be great!

:)

Matthexw, Jul 24, 2019
  2. Matthexw Win User

I think ill just have to admit my controller has died, purchase a new one and hope all is resolved
  3. Buachaill Dona Win User

Ok,

So can you try the controller on a PC via USB, so you can try and reset your controller that way? Here's another LINK
    explaining the process. Failing that it would make me think the controller is at fault.
  4. LunaLight7 Win User

Have you tried to see which keys don't respond? If the A key works, we can try to restore the console's factory settings. Alternatively you can restore it by connecting the Xbox app to the console, using it as a remote control.
  5. Buachaill Dona Win User

Hi there,

Does this also happen if it's connected via USB too? Try the USB without any batteries installed in the controller. And have you tried checking to see if there's an update available for your controller via the Xbox accessories app, or from Settings > Kinect
    & devices > Devices and accessories > then select the three little dots, to see if there's an update.
  6. Buachaill Dona Win User

Sadly I'm at a loss to explain the app issue. lol
Thema:

1. Xbox Controller not responsive - Similar Threads - Controller responsive

2. Sin respuesta sobre controles enviados para su reparación[No response on controls sent for...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sin respuesta sobre controles enviados para su reparación[No response on controls sent for...: Mis amigos y yo mandamos controles para su reparación hace 2 semanas, mis amigos mandaron 2 y yo mande 3, el problema es que a ellos ya les mandaron sus controles reparados y a mi no me han...
  3. Console streaming not responsive when using controller need help.

in XboX Insiders
    Console streaming not responsive when using controller need help.: I can't control my Xbox while console streaming when I connect my controller to my phone. The only button that works is b and all it does it log me out. I already updated the controller so that...
  4. Xbox Series 2 Controller: Left Stick has poor 'responsiveness'

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Series 2 Controller: Left Stick has poor 'responsiveness': I got this controller, brand new in the box, as a gift back in November. I took good care of it and used it on Fortnite a few hours every day, just about. About a week and a half ago, literally...
  5. Issues with having to sign in and controller response.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues with having to sign in and controller response.: Last night, I was playing Madden 20 and had to get something to eat. When I returned, the game had frozen up. This has happened before. Usually, I just quit out of the game and start up again....
  6. No response from 2 controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    No response from 2 controllers: 2 xbox 1 controllers have failed overnight. Both show a good connection with the xbox light on the controller. Neither does anything with any button inputs. New batteries in both....
  7. Xbox One controller not responsive on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One controller not responsive on PC: I've recently been trying to connect my Xbox One controller to my PC in order to play a couple games, namely Apex Legends and Halo Wars 2. For both games, when I initially connect the controller...
  8. Please FINALLY FIX the "non-responsive controller" Issue - it is a real Gamebreaker!

in XboX Insiders
    Please FINALLY FIX the "non-responsive controller" Issue - it is a real Gamebreaker!: Its been about two weeks and this bug is still around, it is a really really bad bug that takes out all the fun of turning on the Xbox from Standby. Its a lottery and most of the time I lose -...
  9. Xbox One S Controller poor response via Bluetooth on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One S Controller poor response via Bluetooth on PC: im not sure if it's an issue with my controller aging or my new Motherboard's Integrated Bluetooth (MSI MPG x570 Gaming Edge Wifi) that has been causing issues with the response with bluetooth. It...
  10. No controller response after console streaming session

in XboX Insiders
    No controller response after console streaming session: Hello! Today I ran into an issue where after playing around with console streaming and xCloud streaming, coming back to console streaming caused my controller inputs other than the guide button...