Xbox Controller Not Working on PC

Discus and support Xbox Controller Not Working on PC in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So I woke up one morning, and I hopped on my PC. I went to play some games with my controller, but I noticed the light on my Xbox controller was not... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Gamingmode08, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Gamingmode08
    Gamingmode08 Guest

So I woke up one morning, and I hopped on my PC. I went to play some games with my controller, but I noticed the light on my Xbox controller was not on. I went into a game, and I tried it. The controller
    would not work. I tried unplugging the Micro USB from my controller, and unplugging the USB 3.0 from my computer. It would not turn on, but it would vibrate. I went into settings, and under devices it shows a controller is connected, but the category is unspecified.
    I tried updating the drivers for the Xbox controller, and that didn't work. It was not the controller's and USB's problem, as I tested the controller and the USB on my Xbox and it worked fine. I also tried 4 other controllers and 3 other USB Cables. I updated
    my Windows 10, and that did not work. I am running out of options and I really need my controller. Any help appreciated.

:)

Gamingmode08, Jul 11, 2019
  2. BongKaos Win User

Using Xbox controller for Windows PC gaming

I maybe VERY wrong but, A Xbox console contoller is different from an Xbox PC controller.

If you purchase an Xbox Pc Controller it will work with PC games that support the configuration.

A normal Console controller is not usable on a PC without the right cable and drivers.........
  3. XBF Paul M Win User

Геймпад [Controller]

Hiya!

Paul from the Xbox Forums Team here to assist with the issue, it looks like you're trying to get a Xbox 360 controller to work on your pc. How is this controller connecting to your PC? Is it a wired controller or wireless controller? If it's a wireless 360
    controller there is a wireless dongle that would be needed to have the controller work on PC. Please let us know.

Happy Gaming!

Paul Xbox Forums Team!
  4. IRB Win User

Xbox controllers for windows 10

The Bluetooth controllers don't come with an adaptor, is has Bluetooth built in. The device it connects to need to have Bluetooth to work, if your PC doesn't then you need to get a Bluetooth adapter for the PC.

The wireless part of the controller works on a unique frequency only for the xbox controllers, so it won't work with WiFi, so for your PC to use the Xbox Wireless part, you would need the Xbox Wireless Adapter.
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

xbox 360 controller not working on PC

Is the controller a wireless controller or wired? If it is wireless, how are you connecting it? If by using the play & charge kit, then the Xbox 360 controller will not work, as the cable is only recognized on PC for charging only. You need to use a Xbox
    360 Wireless adapter for PC to connect a wireless Xbox 360 controller to your PC.
  6. Вильгельм Win User

Геймпад [Controller]

Hiya!

Paul from the Xbox Forums Team here to assist with the issue, it looks like you're trying to get a Xbox 360 controller to work on your pc. How is this controller connecting to your PC? Is it a wired controller or wireless controller? If it's a wireless 360
    controller there is a wireless dongle that would be needed to have the controller work on PC. Please let us know.

Happy Gaming!

Paul Xbox Forums Team!
    This is wired USB controller. I think that wire is broken.

Sorry for bad English.
Thema:

1. Xbox Controller Not Working on PC - Similar Threads - Controller Working

2. Windows 10 - Xbox One controller triggers do not work (follow-up to closed thread)

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 10 - Xbox One controller triggers do not work (follow-up to closed thread): This is a follow-up to a closed thread that I found about the triggers on an Xbox one controller not working on some PC games, where the OP did not get a response that met their needs. I am a...
  3. Controller working intermittent even on USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller working intermittent even on USB: I looked everywhere, tried everything. We just bought an xbox one x for christmas with 2 controllers. The one works great. The problematic one was good until a couple days ago. the controller...
  4. 4 total headsets, 2 total microsoft controllers......all originally worked, now none work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    4 total headsets, 2 total microsoft controllers......all originally worked, now none work.: Hello all. I hope someone can help me. I bought my xbox 1 s about a year ago. When I purchased it I also purchased a set of A10's. Everything was great until about 2 months later when the...
  5. my headset audio isn't working correctly on my controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    my headset audio isn't working correctly on my controller: I have been having issues with my xbox one controller, the headset audio is compressed and i can barely hear the audio at all. I've updated the controller, tried to clean out the aux port to see...
  6. My XBOX One wireless controller's triggers stop working after multiple presses of the buttons.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My XBOX One wireless controller's triggers stop working after multiple presses of the buttons.: Hello there fellow gamers. Lately I've been having a very frustrating problem with my XBOX ONE / wireless controller. When I am using a semi auto weapon which needs many right trigger presses...
  7. Xbox controller not working with headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller not working with headset: I have a controller that i got for christmas that suddenly stopped working with my headset when i plug it into the controller it says headset not detected can you guys help?...
  8. Some Buttons on Xbox Controller don't work in Game Streaming App

in XboX Insiders
    Some Buttons on Xbox Controller don't work in Game Streaming App: I recently downloaded the Xbox Game Streaming app and was able to set everything up, or so I thought. After connecting my Bluetooth controller to my Samsung Galaxy S9, I started the stream and...
  9. Xbox One controller doesn't work with USB connection on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One controller doesn't work with USB connection on PC: It stopped working by itself after restarting the PC, now I can't connect my controller using USB port. Tried 3 cables, tried to connet to other pc. Sometime it turned on for a minute, and then...
  10. Xbox one controller audio not working

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox one controller audio not working: Hi so my xbox controllers audio has stopped working this has been a reoccurring issue for me it has happened with my extra controller my controller that came with my xbox bundle and my replacement...