Xbox Controller Not Working on PC

Discus and support Xbox Controller Not Working on PC in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So I woke up one morning, and I hopped on my PC. I went to play some games with my controller, but I noticed the light on my Xbox controller was not... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Gamingmode08, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Gamingmode08
    Gamingmode08 Guest

So I woke up one morning, and I hopped on my PC. I went to play some games with my controller, but I noticed the light on my Xbox controller was not on. I went into a game, and I tried it. The controller
    would not work. I tried unplugging the Micro USB from my controller, and unplugging the USB 3.0 from my computer. It would not turn on, but it would vibrate. I went into settings, and under devices it shows a controller is connected, but the category is unspecified.
    I tried updating the drivers for the Xbox controller, and that didn't work. It was not the controller's and USB's problem, as I tested the controller and the USB on my Xbox and it worked fine. I also tried 4 other controllers and 3 other USB Cables. I updated
    my Windows 10, and that did not work. I am running out of options and I really need my controller. Any help appreciated.

:)

Gamingmode08, Jul 11, 2019
  2. BongKaos Win User

Using Xbox controller for Windows PC gaming

I maybe VERY wrong but, A Xbox console contoller is different from an Xbox PC controller.

If you purchase an Xbox Pc Controller it will work with PC games that support the configuration.

A normal Console controller is not usable on a PC without the right cable and drivers.........
  3. XBF Paul M Win User

Геймпад [Controller]

Hiya!

Paul from the Xbox Forums Team here to assist with the issue, it looks like you're trying to get a Xbox 360 controller to work on your pc. How is this controller connecting to your PC? Is it a wired controller or wireless controller? If it's a wireless 360
    controller there is a wireless dongle that would be needed to have the controller work on PC. Please let us know.

Happy Gaming!

Paul Xbox Forums Team!
  4. IRB Win User

Xbox controllers for windows 10

The Bluetooth controllers don't come with an adaptor, is has Bluetooth built in. The device it connects to need to have Bluetooth to work, if your PC doesn't then you need to get a Bluetooth adapter for the PC.

The wireless part of the controller works on a unique frequency only for the xbox controllers, so it won't work with WiFi, so for your PC to use the Xbox Wireless part, you would need the Xbox Wireless Adapter.
  5. SatanicoDrCadillac Win User

6. Вильгельм Win User

Геймпад [Controller]

Hiya!

Paul from the Xbox Forums Team here to assist with the issue, it looks like you're trying to get a Xbox 360 controller to work on your pc. How is this controller connecting to your PC? Is it a wired controller or wireless controller? If it's a wireless 360
    controller there is a wireless dongle that would be needed to have the controller work on PC. Please let us know.

Happy Gaming!

Paul Xbox Forums Team!
    This is wired USB controller. I think that wire is broken.

Sorry for bad English.
Thema:

1. Xbox Controller Not Working on PC - Similar Threads - Controller Working

2. Xbox One controller not working properly when laptop connected to monitor

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One controller not working properly when laptop connected to monitor: I have an xbox one controller connected to a laptop via Bluetooth, and it works perfectly when using the laptop screen. However, when i connect the laptop to my AVR to use it on my big TV the...
  3. xbox 360 wireless controller working on steam, but not working on windows games (started...

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 wireless controller working on steam, but not working on windows games (started...: Hello, I've got windows 10 with the latest update installed, I also have wireless xbox 360 controller. It works perfectly fine under Steam but I can't get it working with any of my games run...
  4. Multiple Xbox One wireless controller's headphone jack stopped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Multiple Xbox One wireless controller's headphone jack stopped working: Hello, I have seen this question posted on many threads, but it won't answer my question. This happened on 2 controllers, along with many other people that have the same prob;em. The headphone...
  5. LED indicator on USB cable for Xbox One Controller is not working properly

in XBoX on Windows
    LED indicator on USB cable for Xbox One Controller is not working properly: Hello I use my Xbox One Controller with Windows 10, wireless adaptor and accumulator. A few days ago I tried to update the gamepad using Accessoiries for Xbox program, there were no updates but...
  6. Controllers doesn't work completly on one account and other account it is working normally

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controllers doesn't work completly on one account and other account it is working normally: On one of the account within the family all the controllers we have aren't working completly. All other accounts don't have this problem. Is there any way that you can reset sommething so the...
  7. Controller 'A' Button Not Working Sometimes

in XBoX on Windows
    Controller 'A' Button Not Working Sometimes: So I bought the Xbox Sport Red Controller off of Amazon and sometimes when I press 'A' it doesn't work and I have to press it again. When I say sometimes, I mean it happens almost every time. I...
  8. Power A xbox one controller not working on pc Fortnite

in XBoX on Windows
    Power A xbox one controller not working on pc Fortnite: So Recently I got a PowerA Xbox One controller for around £15 on cashconverters. It was great, you know I was playing Fortnite and all those other popular games. However my joystick was a bit...
  9. Controller Settings won't work since last update

in XboX Insiders
    Controller Settings won't work since last update: since the update which fixed the audio with headset comes a new bug, the settings of the controllers in the app don't work, tried with 3 different gamepads, pretty sad because i was using this app...
  10. Both headphones and Controllers stopped working with the 3.5mm jack not detected on Xbox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Both headphones and Controllers stopped working with the 3.5mm jack not detected on Xbox...: Hi I am having the same problem at the moment, The game I was playing ''Apex Legends'' was all working perfectly with sound through the headphones then when I turned off the Xbox for a couple of...