Xbox Controller Range Issue

Discus and support Xbox Controller Range Issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xbox controller has suddenly started saying it is out of range constantly when it is only about 30cm away from the console, fully charged and has... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by iiamiizzy, Nov 10, 2021.

1. iiamiizzy
    iiamiizzy Guest

My xbox controller has suddenly started saying it is out of range constantly when it is only about 30cm away from the console, fully charged and has nothing blocking the front of the console. It only connects when directly in front of the xbox logo on the console. This is strange as it was working before, hasn't been dropped and my other controller works. I've tried replacing the batteries, doing a hard reset and resyncing my controller but nothing has worked.

I'm starting to think I might just have to buy a new controller. Does anyone know how to fix this?

:)

iiamiizzy, Nov 10, 2021
  2. L4c3rd4 Win User

You're welcome iiamiizzy.

Since your other controller works just fine on your console, I do believe it might be, could be just a matter of just be a solder on the controller board that causes the controller to have problems connecting directly to the console and not other devices that have a different Bluetooth technology than the console.

If this happened to your other controller, we could assume that might have something to do with your console, indeed. But since the other controller works just fine, I do believe it might be the controller.

I do advise you to try to get it analysed, at least. Also, if possible, test another controller, apart from your other one, on your console, just to test if this happens.
  3. L4c3rd4 Win User

You're welcome iiamiizzy.

Needing any help or advice, we'll be glad to help, always.

Have a great day, stay safe.
  4. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey iiamiizzy, how are you today? Hope you're well.

I believe it might have something to due with part of the controller's Bluetooth board.

Since your other controller works just fine, the issue is not on your console.

In that case, check the warranty of your controller:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

If you have it in warranty, try to ask for the replace on the same link.

If it's out of warranty, unfortunately, Microsoft does not offer repair for controller out of warranty, except for the Elite 2 controller, which is charged $99 for the repair.

If it's not the case, try to take your controller to a repair store, just for an analysis on it, might be cheaper for you to repair it than purchase another controller. Sometimes it is worth the repair.
  5. iiamiizzy Win User

Thank you for the reply, I'm not sure if it is the Bluetooth because it works fine when wirelessly connected to my phone and when connected wirelessly to my laptop
  6. Windows RT cannot ru Win User

Controller Range - Extend range of the controller

I have had my xbox one replaced due to constant disconnects. The replacement is better when playing alone but as soon as there is a second player/controller it disconnects every 30secs to a minute. My console is in an closet about 10m from the TV and I
    sit in between the two. Never had these problems with my 360 or PS3. I think I may return it and go PS4 as this is a joke.

MS needs to wake up and address the problem rather than pretending it's not there. Surely it can't be difficult to make a USB connected range extender or something?
Thema:

1. Xbox Controller Range Issue - Similar Threads - Controller Range Issue

2. I want to extend the range of the xbox controller to an xbox one using an xbox wireless adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    I want to extend the range of the xbox controller to an xbox one using an xbox wireless adapter: From what I understand the xbox wireless adapter is mainly designed to connect xbox one controllers to windows 10 PCs. However, it does list compatibility with Xbox series x and xbox one too. I'd...
  3. Xbox one controller problem with range

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one controller problem with range: Hi Guys I have few controllers for my xbox one and one of hem have problem with poor range. Controller is connecting with console when is in front of console if I take him away for 20cm it start...
  4. Can someone extend the wireless range on the xbox controllers using this idea?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone extend the wireless range on the xbox controllers using this idea?: Hi, I would like to house my XBox in an AV Closet/Rack Server Cabinet in a faraway location in the house from the media room. After searching and not finding any real wireless solution...
  5. XboxOne Controller Range Extender - How does this not exist

in XBoX on Consoles
    XboxOne Controller Range Extender - How does this not exist: I dont understand. Microsoft, get it together. Some of us are adults - you know the people ypu want ganimg because we can afford all your fees and excessive prices. As adults we cant leave...
  6. Allow more controller range to play games from a farther range

in XboX Insiders
    Allow more controller range to play games from a farther range: When you stream from your xbox to another device you would need to be in range to be able to play because of the controller. you could connect a controller to your phone and use some way of...
  7. Xbox one controller range issue

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one controller range issue: Any of you guys know how to fix this issue my wireless controller gets disconnected when i go 20cm away from my console submitted by /u/Defy_11 [link] [comments]
  8. xbox one controller range

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one controller range: so i bought a new controller two days ago and its basically doa and i contacted support so they are sending me a new one. i however am still curious about the issue and have been actively testing...
  9. Looking for solution on Maximum range on Xbox One S controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Looking for solution on Maximum range on Xbox One S controllers: Probably sound like a broken record, but I'm hoping to find a solution to get maximum range on my controller. I have 6 tvs that I use throughout the house, xbox one is connected to a video/audio...
  10. Wireless Range - Controllers - multiple rooms

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Range - Controllers - multiple rooms: Hello Xbox staff, I am very disappointed with the Xbox one standard controller wireless range. I have an A/V room for all of my amps, game consoles and other media players. The Xbox 360 worked...