Xbox controller region locked?

Discus and support Xbox controller region locked? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am in America and want to purchase a controller here in the US for my Xbox series S in the UK does anyone know if when I take it back it will work or... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by benGaskell1, Jun 30, 2022.

1. benGaskell1
    benGaskell1 Guest

I am in America and want to purchase a controller here in the US for my Xbox series S in the UK does anyone know if when I take it back it will work or is it region locked?

:)

benGaskell1, Jun 30, 2022
  2. DIPDIP0TAT0CH1P Win User

Backward compatibility game language

Usually game language will be controlled by the region that the Xbox is set in, but with some 360 Games these could be regionally restricted. e.g. will only provide you the alternative language based on the region it was sold.

But in general it usually take the region the xbox is set to.
  3. NeoDan123 Win User

xbox one s controller

Are you referring to Design Labs controllers or the standard controller?

Design Labs controllers are only shipped to certain regions.

Standard controller will be available in any region that the console is sold in.
  4. ngocphi Win User

I'm having issues in redeeming codes for Gears of War and Gears of War 3 when I bought GOW 4 Ultimate Edition Version.

FYI for the best experience with xbox live your account region must reflect your actual region.

This includes most games with gold for 360 as they tend to be region locked

Gears 1 and 3 are region locked due to the international laws controlling them
  5. ngocphi Win User

error 80150017

Well if you look at rhe 2nd post the answer is right there

Your account region has to match your actual region

But since your actual region isjt an xbox live region nothing can be done

As it is controled by international laws and disribution rights
  6. DustinSmall Win User

Problem with my Xbox Account w/ Windows 8

Ok problem solved.

I had the region setting in Windows 8 control panel set to a different country than my Xbox Live Account. I had to change the region in the control panel to be the same, then I had to uninstall the Xbox Games app, and finally reinstall it. It worked fine
    after that.
Thema:

1. Xbox controller region locked? - Similar Threads - controller region locked

2. After xbox app update my controller is acting crazy and I can't effectively play games

in XboX Insiders
    After xbox app update my controller is acting crazy and I can't effectively play games: My left stick spins my character instead of just moving left or right and my right stick also spins my character which it is supposed to do but it spins a lot faster than it should after the...
  3. Xbox x controller goes crazy on virtual keyboard ie search.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox x controller goes crazy on virtual keyboard ie search.: Xbox X wireless controller randomly works on Home Screen and is hard to control when using search and virtual keyboard. But no problems at all in games. 2a0ea313-7d80-45ab-a753-5f5621596df1
  4. My replacement order for a Elite 2 controller is reported damaged by UPS

in XBoX on Windows
    My replacement order for a Elite 2 controller is reported damaged by UPS: Hello, I've recently started an Out of Warrant replacement request for an Elite Series 2 controller I have, which I've paid for. I've initially received another defective device (it wouldn't...
  5. Controller stops working every single time i try to play Turbo golf racing

in XboX Insiders
    Controller stops working every single time i try to play Turbo golf racing: I used to get disconnects on controller every now and then, but it connected back every time. That don't happen anymore tho. Now playing this game makes my controller stop working totally. I still...
  6. Steam Controller with Game Pass on PC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Steam Controller with Game Pass on PC?: Was trying out the Steam Controller with Xbox Game Pass on PC, but noticed the gyro stopped working after my screen bugged out. Could've been detected as cheat software, and I'm not trying to get...
  7. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller: My son wants to buy and Xbox Elite Series 2 controller in the US. Will it work in the UK? b1af1906-acaf-4062-80cc-8148247e7612
  8. Xbox keeps disconnecting my controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox keeps disconnecting my controller.: Help me. I have an Xbox 1 X that keeps disconnecting my control. No matter what control I use (I have multiple) it will disconnect my control within 20-30 minutes of game time. After the first...
  9. Ghost imputs from xbox controller (up/down)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ghost imputs from xbox controller (up/down): I am having a problem with my PC. When playing fifa using my Xbox series X/s controller there are random up and down signals. This is a problem when trying to select anything in the menu, if I...
  10. Is anyone else sick of Region Control, Is anyone else fed up with double standards?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else sick of Region Control, Is anyone else fed up with double standards?: I am an XBOX Gold Member - have been for years! (And thanks to trying to change my payment method from card to Paypal discovered how easy it is to get billed twice - so I will be a member for many...