Xbox controller repair that was supposed to be a replacement

Discus and support Xbox controller repair that was supposed to be a replacement in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Last year my right analog stick on my Xbox one controller started messing up, contacted Microsoft to replace it under warranty and instead of replacing... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Vxceless, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Vxceless
    Vxceless Guest

Last year my right analog stick on my Xbox one controller started messing up, contacted Microsoft to replace it under warranty and instead of replacing it, they only did a repair and sent it back. A year later the problem starts up again on the same analog
    stick. Anything i can do or am i sol and stuck buying a replacement?

:)

Vxceless, Jun 5, 2019
  2. XBF Steven R Win User

Hey there
    Vxceless

Thanks for reaching out to the Community for insight on this.

Sorry to hear that you've found yourself in this situation, however, any controller or accessory only has a warranty of 90 days.

After the repair order it's given another 90 days in case something happens.

After that period, if you have any more problems that boil down to your accessory needing to be replaced/repaired, you would have to replace that yourself.

Hope this information was helpful.

Thanks for reading!
  3. Allebas Win User

Hi Vxceless

Xbox will only replace the controller if it cant be fix. Thats why they repair it and sent it back. There are plenty of videos on youtube showing how to replace the analog stick if you want to do it yourself. Right now you your controller is out of warranty.
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Vxceless,

As the question has been answered by a few people. I will go ahead and lock this thread as it has been resolved. Feel free to come back anytime if you have a question or issue.

Thanks,

Brad
  5. F1WJSay2om Win User

Its an absolute joke. Ive had 4 controllers have this stick issue in 4 years and im stuck to spending £50 on buying another one. Im really annoyed, make the product decent instead of making it awfully. People at xbox know about this issue but wont fix
    it. Ive spent over £200 on controllers breaking. I could have nearly bought a ps4 with that amount of money and then i would have a decent controller that didnt break every time you pick it up
  6. HAZMAT RADIO Win User

​I need to send in my Xbox one elite controller to get fixed

You'll need to contact Xbox Support by phone or chat to see if the controller is available for replacement. There isn't a "repair" option for the controller.

If it is available for replacement, you will need to cover the cost for shipping to the repair center. No shipping label will be provided.
Thema:

1. Xbox controller repair that was supposed to be a replacement - Similar Threads - controller repair was

2. Xbox Elite Controller needs repairs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller needs repairs: I have an Xbox Elite controller that needs repairs. The grips are both coming off and both the thumbsticks are loose. I tried to send it in for repairs using your online form but it says that it's...
  3. Xbox one elite controller not repaired?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox one elite controller not repaired?: I recently sent my elite controller in for repair or replacement since the thumb sticks started getting a really bad stick drift. My controller is under warranty until December 2019. I got the...
  4. Elite Controller Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller Repair: Hi, I have had my elite controller for years, and love it dearly. The grips wore off and I lived with that for the past year or so, but now my left stick is starting to drift. I would much rather...
  5. XBOX 1 Wireless Controller repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 1 Wireless Controller repair: Hello, I bought a Wireless Controller for my PC an the left Shoulder Button is broken, so I want to send it to repair. The Website sends me to add the Controller, but it wont let me add it. I...
  6. register xbox one controller for repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    register xbox one controller for repair: Hello, when i want to register my controller on my account for sending it to repair the option to select only shows 3 things but not a controller. this seems very hidden, where can i send xbox...
  7. Xbox controller repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller repair: A little under two months ago I sent microsoft my controller in for a replacement one. I checked with USPS and they confirmed that it has arrived, but on the microsoft repair window it says that...
  8. Controller Repair

in XBoX Accessibility
    Controller Repair: I bought an elite controller back in January and my left stick is already dragging so bad I can’t play. I did a service repair and they want me to send it back in for repair before I can get a new...
  9. MY CONTROLLER TO BE REPAIRED NO CONTACT THEY NEVER ANSWER THE PHONE.

in XBoX on Consoles
    MY CONTROLLER TO BE REPAIRED NO CONTACT THEY NEVER ANSWER THE PHONE.: PLEASE CALL ME I WANT TO REPAIR THE CONTROLLER Sport-Red S/N: [Mod Removed - Personal Information] - bought 2 weeks ago. My phone number: [Mod Removed - Personal Information] - Laurent. noone...
  10. Ask for Xbox One Controller repair/replacement when you don't have a console

in XBoX on Windows
    Ask for Xbox One Controller repair/replacement when you don't have a console: Hi I'm having some issues with my controller. The left stick doesn't work correctly and the right trigger motor doesn't work anymore. The thing is that i can't ask for a repair or replacement...