Xbox Controller shuts off when I plug in my Headset.

Discus and support Xbox Controller shuts off when I plug in my Headset. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I updated my controller then, when I plugged my headset into my controller it shuts off. So then I took out the rechargeable batteries and hooked up... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AZ HOOTERBOY ND, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Xbox Controller shuts off when I plug in my Headset.

I updated my controller then, when I plugged my headset into my controller it shuts off. So then I took out the rechargeable batteries and hooked up the power cord

(USB) to the controller. I then turned on my controller and plugged the headset into it and the controller still shut off right away. Ive also did a few power cycling with No

success same with a few updates on the controller. Any Help?!?!?!?!?!

:)

AZ HOOTERBOY ND, Jun 5, 2014
  2. Ficcoa
    Ficcoa Guest
    Headset not working

I was having a similar issue and now my controller shuts off when I plug in my Headset

Ficcoa, Jun 5, 2014
  3. iNb4 Ownage
    iNb4 Ownage Guest
    When I plug in my headset, my controller shuts off.

Hey there Shadow! Usually when your mic is making a buzzing noise, and controller shutting off that means your batteries are low on fuel. Try to go head and re-charge the batteries, and if that doesn't help, try to use some totally new batteries. Thanks!
    Xbox Controller shuts off when I plug in my Headset. :)

iNb4 Ownage, Jun 5, 2014
  4. InwardPayload Win User

Plugging in headset makes controller turn off...

My controller instantly shuts off when headset (one that came with Xbox one) is plugged in. I've power cycled Xbox, updated controller I can't even update it with the headset plugged in because it shuts off.. Bought another headset it does the same thing..
    Do I need a new controller already!? So frustrating. Help?
  5. Ficcoa Win User

Headset not working

I was having a similar issue and now my controller shuts off when I plug in my Headset
  6. AZ HOOTERBOY ND Win User

Plugging in headset makes controller turn off...

Im having the same problem. I updated my controller then, when I plugged my headset into my controller it shuts off. So then I took out the rechargeable batteries and hooked up the power cord to the controller. I then turned on my controller and plugged
    the headset into it and the controller still shut off right away. Ive also did a few power cycling with No success same with a few updates on the controller. Any Help?!?!?!?!?!?
  7. iNb4 Ownage Win User

Hey there Shadow! Usually when your mic is making a buzzing noise, and controller shutting off that means your batteries are low on fuel. Try to go head and re-charge the batteries, and if that doesn't help, try to use some totally new batteries. Thanks!
    :)
  8. dFxskullCarv Win User

I have a wired controller and this happens to me.
Thema:

Xbox Controller shuts off when I plug in my Headset.

1. Xbox Controller shuts off when I plug in my Headset. - Similar Threads - Controller shuts off

2. Xbox One controller shuts off while streaming video using a headset.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One controller shuts off while streaming video using a headset.: I've had no issues while streaming Netflix on my xbox with my headset connected. But anytime Im watching on Amazon Prime, every 15 minutes or so, my controller will shut off, even when its...
  3. can I turn off my wireless controller auto shut off?

in XBoX on Consoles
    can I turn off my wireless controller auto shut off?: I was wondering if there was a way to turn off the 15 min auto shut off on my wireless controller as i play on keyboard and mouse connected to xbox then i have my headset plugged into to my...
  4. Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 shutting off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 shutting off.: I recently received my Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 and when I press the xbox guide Botton, it turns on the console but the controller immediately turns off right after. This doesn't happen...
  5. Wireless controller auto shuts off after 15 minutes.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wireless controller auto shuts off after 15 minutes.: Xbox one wireless controller auto shuts off every 15 minutes while using headphones through controller when streaming. Seems to be doing it only when streaming Amazon Prime and or Pluto TV....
  6. Controller auto shut off?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Controller auto shut off?: Why can I not choose when or if my controller shuts off at all? I think I can make the decision on whether I want my controller always on or not. Problem I'm having is I recently started playing...
  7. Why does my Xbox one controller keep shutting off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox one controller keep shutting off.: I recently bought a used xbox one and an extra controller. I turn on the controller which connects to the console but shuts off after about 3 minutes. I have replaced the batteries with brand new...
  8. Controller randomly shuts off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller randomly shuts off: When Im playing or even just in menus, my controller will stop working but the light will stay on like its on. None of the buttons work and I have to take out the battery and put it back in to...
  9. Controller shuts off while watching movies on certain apps despite having headphones...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Controller shuts off while watching movies on certain apps despite having headphones...: Hi, as of late my controller will just shut off mid video and leaves me to constantly keep turning it on again or scrambling to move the analog stick just to buy myself some time. This issue only...
  10. Is there still no way to prevent xbox one controller from automatically shutting off?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there still no way to prevent xbox one controller from automatically shutting off?: If not is it possible to implement a way. Im playing on mouse & keyboard and i have a hard drive plugged in too so there is not enough usb ports. So i got my controller plugged into the wall and...