Xbox Controller shuts off when I plug in my Headset.

Discus and support Xbox Controller shuts off when I plug in my Headset. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I updated my controller then, when I plugged my headset into my controller it shuts off. So then I took out the rechargeable batteries and hooked up... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AZ HOOTERBOY ND, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Xbox Controller shuts off when I plug in my Headset.

I updated my controller then, when I plugged my headset into my controller it shuts off. So then I took out the rechargeable batteries and hooked up the power cord

(USB) to the controller. I then turned on my controller and plugged the headset into it and the controller still shut off right away. Ive also did a few power cycling with No

success same with a few updates on the controller. Any Help?!?!?!?!?!

:)

AZ HOOTERBOY ND, Jun 5, 2014
  2. Ficcoa
    Ficcoa Guest
    Headset not working

I was having a similar issue and now my controller shuts off when I plug in my Headset

Ficcoa, Jun 5, 2014
  3. iNb4 Ownage
    iNb4 Ownage Guest
    When I plug in my headset, my controller shuts off.

Hey there Shadow! Usually when your mic is making a buzzing noise, and controller shutting off that means your batteries are low on fuel. Try to go head and re-charge the batteries, and if that doesn't help, try to use some totally new batteries. Thanks!
    Xbox Controller shuts off when I plug in my Headset. :)

iNb4 Ownage, Jun 5, 2014
  4. InwardPayload Win User

Plugging in headset makes controller turn off...

My controller instantly shuts off when headset (one that came with Xbox one) is plugged in. I've power cycled Xbox, updated controller I can't even update it with the headset plugged in because it shuts off.. Bought another headset it does the same thing..
    Do I need a new controller already!? So frustrating. Help?
  5. Ficcoa Win User

Headset not working

I was having a similar issue and now my controller shuts off when I plug in my Headset
  6. AZ HOOTERBOY ND Win User

Plugging in headset makes controller turn off...

Im having the same problem. I updated my controller then, when I plugged my headset into my controller it shuts off. So then I took out the rechargeable batteries and hooked up the power cord to the controller. I then turned on my controller and plugged
    the headset into it and the controller still shut off right away. Ive also did a few power cycling with No success same with a few updates on the controller. Any Help?!?!?!?!?!?
  7. iNb4 Ownage Win User

Hey there Shadow! Usually when your mic is making a buzzing noise, and controller shutting off that means your batteries are low on fuel. Try to go head and re-charge the batteries, and if that doesn't help, try to use some totally new batteries. Thanks!
    :)
  8. dFxskullCarv Win User

I have a wired controller and this happens to me.
Thema:

Xbox Controller shuts off when I plug in my Headset.

1. Xbox Controller shuts off when I plug in my Headset. - Similar Threads - Controller shuts off

2. Problem with controller Xbox button symbol light that’s shutting off on its own

in XboX Insiders
    Problem with controller Xbox button symbol light that’s shutting off on its own: I have noticed an issue with my controller light where the Xbox button is on my controller I was watching a movie useing the shudder app things were working great. then suddenly I looked where the...
  3. Xbox controller won't work and shuts off with new batteries

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller won't work and shuts off with new batteries: So I got this prompt this morning and have tried turing my xbox on and off multiple times. When I do turn it on the controller tries to connect but wont and shuts itself off and won't turn back on...
  4. 2 month old elite controller randomly shuts off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    2 month old elite controller randomly shuts off.: Xbox Elite controller. The newer white one with the better components, 2 months old. Randomly turns off. Sometimes it happens three times in 10 minutes other times it doesn't happen for hours....
  5. Why has something as simple as the auto shut-off on the xbox controller been an issue for...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has something as simple as the auto shut-off on the xbox controller been an issue for...: I'm new to Xbox so unfamiliar with the system and its little ticks. I purchased the Dolby Atmos app so I could watch my UHD movies in Atmos using my headphones, little did I know that my sound...
  6. Xbox 360 S, power button does not light up, shows home screen on tv, controller shuts off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 S, power button does not light up, shows home screen on tv, controller shuts off: I just moved my Xbox 360 S over to a new stand about 3ft from where it was, it was working fine pryer to the move, now the "ON" light and rings around the power button do not light up, the...
  7. Xbox One X still warm near the plug area of the console when shut-off via controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X still warm near the plug area of the console when shut-off via controller: I turned off my Xbox One X after playing Forza Horizon via controller, 10 minutes later on Discord it said I was still playing it even though my X was turned off, When I put my hand on the console...
  8. XBOX ONE Controller Shuts off when gripped too hard

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE Controller Shuts off when gripped too hard: So when I really get into my games like NHL for example when i were to score a goal i would grip the controller on the left side really fast or hard then the controller would shut off and id have...
  9. The controller flashes when turned on and then shuts off

in XBoX on Consoles
    The controller flashes when turned on and then shuts off: Trying to play Xbox One and when I turn the controller on, it flashes and then shuts off. I have changed the batteries. What else should I do? 3e4be802-cc66-477a-9032-5ed22ecc0a56
  10. Xbox shutting off when I plug my controller into any of the USB port

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox shutting off when I plug my controller into any of the USB port: everytime I try to plug in any of my controllers to my Xbox, my Xbox shuts down. I’m super confused as to why this is happening. Sometimes it won’t shut down When I plug the usb into my...