Xbox controller spamming down on D-pad

Discus and support Xbox controller spamming down on D-pad in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I just bought an Xbox-licensed One controller from Walmart. I unbox it, plug it in, and I can’t even use it cause the controller keeps spamming down on... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by ItsOnlyMac, May 24, 2019.

1. ItsOnlyMac
    ItsOnlyMac Guest

I just bought an Xbox-licensed One controller from Walmart. I unbox it, plug it in, and I can’t even use it cause the controller keeps spamming down on the d-pad as if I were pressing it, but I’m not touching it. any help?

:)

ItsOnlyMac, May 24, 2019
  2. Flymonkey102 Win User

If you just bought it I would just take it back and get a replacement instead of messing with it. In the unlikely case the next one does the same thing I would come back here for troubleshooting but it sounds like the controller.
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi
    ItsOnlyMac

Thank you for coming to the Xbox forums, I'd be happy to help.

Does your controller work as intended when connecting to the console wireless?

What controller do you have that you need to plug it in? Microsoft does not produce any first party Xbox One controllers with an integrated cable. You can connect any Xbox One wireless controller by plugging the controller to the console using a micro-USB
    cable.

Go ahead and do a
    hard reset and power cycle
    . Hold down the power button on the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down and then remove the power cable from the Xbox and the power outlet for about 2-3 minutes. Then re-connect and
    turn on the Xbox. If the controller's D-pad is still experiencing a ghost input, then it's possible the cable is the issue.
  4. FreakRoach Win User

how do you fix a pdp controller

You can try resetting your PDP controller. Follow these steps:

1. Power the XBOX one console on.
    2. Plug the smaller end of the controllers USB-B micro cable into the top of the controller.
    3. Hold down on the directional pad (D-Pad) and plug the larger side of the USB cable into the XBOX one console while still holding down.
    4. The controllers red LED lights will illuminate and the controller will begin to vibrate. You may then release the down input on the directional pad (D-Pad)
    5. Press A on the controller.
    6. The controller will then stop vibrating and the LED lights will power off.
    7. Fully rotate both joysticks in a complete clockwise motion and pull each trigger fully (LT and RT)
    8. Press down on the directional pad (D-Pad)
  5. ThirstyBlade Win User

Horrible Controller.

Guys let me just be clear the problem is with the D-PAD and not the ABXY buttons.

The d-pad sticks randomly in one direction and I have to go crazy on it to calibrate it lol.

Also the d-pad is very retarded sometimes and moves in a direction different to what I pushed.

Push down on the d-pad shown
    www.kevblog.co.uk/my-xbox-360-wireless-controller-dpad-problems

Less than a year old controller, came with slim console bought in october. I'm not happy, too to me!
  6. ElectroFlying Win User

The Xbox One controllers are poorly built

Only problem I have had with my X1 controller is the D pad.

Right out of the box, I updated it, and began using Edge and Youtube and noticed that 1 click down on the D pad often moved the navigation down 3 or more spaces.

It does the same with games as well, which makes using the D pad annoying. So I hooked up the New spare X1 controller I had bought the day I bought the console. (black friday 2015) And it's D pad does it as well.

Wasn't the D Pad redesigned this generation? I'm sure it was, but if this is what some would call 'a quality redesign.' Then someone in the design team should have gotten fired.

Thankfully, I don't use the D pad much.
Thema:

1. Xbox controller spamming down on D-pad - Similar Threads - controller spamming down

2. Problema analógico esquerdo - controle elite (Left analogue problem - elite control)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problema analógico esquerdo - controle elite (Left analogue problem - elite control): Boa Tarde Estou tendo problema no analógico esquerdo do elite. O mesmo não sofreu qualquer tipo de queda ou mesmo é utilizado no modo "soviético" e sim esporadicamente, um ou duas vezes por...
  3. Xbox left analog stick on controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox left analog stick on controller: I play a lot of cod and i mean A LOT so i got 2 controllers about 6 months ago, my wireless one, the headphone jack quit working, and my wired on the left analog stick (the one you press down to...
  4. Xbox one elite controller aux port not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one elite controller aux port not working: Hey, I have a problem with the aux port of my Xbox one elite controller. It doesn´t work anymore. I already heard a crispy sound in the last days when I touched the cable. During my use today it...
  5. Xbox one s controller rt sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s controller rt sound: So my brand new xbox one s controller rt does this sound: [Mod Removed] is this normal? 1f96f9f4-917a-49f8-942e-c10e01725b98
  6. My replacement controller is faulty, what do I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My replacement controller is faulty, what do I do?: I recently got back a replacement controller in the mail since my last one started having stick drifting problems, as basically every other controller I've had met the same fate. Paid about $20...
  7. Designer labs controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Designer labs controller: Hello, my sister got me a designer labs custom controller for christmas and now, ~7 months later [img] in july, im noticing that the rubber on the left thumb stick is separating. Is that covered...
  8. Xbox One Controller Adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller Adapter: My adapter on my controller won't unmute and it has worked previously for months. What do I do? 68a47baa-baa0-4a1c-a9e3-5067e7373a78
  9. My elite controller has completely stopped vibrating.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My elite controller has completely stopped vibrating.: I got my second elite controller last november, and over the past two days the vibration has been cutting out for about 5 seconds. Then today its just completely stopped all together. My other...
  10. xbox one controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one controller: The aux input is not working on a controller I have. I purchased November 23, 2018. It was activated December 25, 2018. I am being told that the serial number is past the warranty. I thought the...