Xbox Controller turned off during update, now it will not turn on

Discus and support Xbox Controller turned off during update, now it will not turn on in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I went to update my controller and when the percentage bar appeared on the screen, the controller disconnected and the system said there was an issue... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DrewBart15, Jun 10, 2014.

1. DrewBart15
    DrewBart15 Guest

I went to update my controller and when the percentage bar appeared on the screen, the controller disconnected and the system said there was an issue with the update. It had nearly full battery power. now it will not turn on with either batteries or with
    a cable plugged into it. I have tried hard resetting the box and all the regular trouble shooting tips. Is the controller totally bricked or is there a potential fix?

:)

DrewBart15, Jun 10, 2014
  2. Carnasis
    Carnasis Guest
    Xbox One S Controller 3.5 mm sound issue

Update: the problem doesn't occur if i turn on the console using the controller not the console power button. Also, the controller decided to not respond during gameplay, it wouldn't let me control my character, and it eventually turned itself off. It's
    acting like it's having interference.

Carnasis, Jun 10, 2014
  3. Garbage

my Xbox told me I needed to update my controller and when I clicked on update it said error then turned my controller off and now it won't turn back on. Like honestly I just want to play 2k

TobyTheSlayer, Jun 10, 2014
  4. DrewBart15
    DrewBart15 Guest

Update: if i push in the xbox button on the controller, it will dimly light up and flicker.

DrewBart15, Jun 10, 2014
  5. DrewBart15 Win User

Update: if i push in the xbox button on the controller, it will dimly light up and flicker.
  6. Mogwai Warrior Win User

stuck with the controller image on the screen

Turn off your XBOX. Now turn on your XBOX AT the XBOX NOT with the controller, then turn on your controller.
  7. ArminatorX Win User

TV and Oneguide device control

The Xbox controls devices via Infrared signals only. So make sure that during setting up the controls on your Xbox console, that the soundbar really turns on and off.

Then also make sure that you tell the console in the settings that the soundbar should turn on and off when the console turns on and off.
  8. Carnasis Win User

Xbox One S Controller 3.5 mm sound issue

Update: the problem doesn't occur if i turn on the console using the controller not the console power button. Also, the controller decided to not respond during gameplay, it wouldn't let me control my character, and it eventually turned itself off. It's
    acting like it's having interference.
  9. N7 Gh0stz Win User

Need HELP

yeah before the latest update coz there has been 2 with the first new update my controller wouldnt switch off but the console would now the controller turns off with the console but the vent is still warm and so is the controller and this is hours after
    iv turned it off
Thema:

1. Xbox Controller turned off during update, now it will not turn on - Similar Threads - Controller turned off

2. Why does my controller turn off

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my controller turn off: I recently plugged a keyboard and mouse into my xbox and it works great. The problem is that i can only plug my headphones into my controller to hear the game and after about 20m my controller...
  3. how do you turn off controller without getting an error message?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do you turn off controller without getting an error message?: really stupid question all I'm trying to do is go from 2 player split screen back to single player, but no matter what I do I keep getting a "please reconnect controller" message. I can not to...
  4. Xbox controller turning off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller turning off: Hi there, does anyone know how i can keep my xbox contoller on while charging it and while not pressing any button on it, i do this because i have two controllers, one has a broken button so i use...
  5. Controller turns off in a few minutes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller turns off in a few minutes: Hi, I think i’m not the only person who has this problem, but when I let my controller down for a while in a game, it turns off, wich is pretty annoying. If anyone knows how to change this setting...
  6. cant turn off parental control or whatever (windows 10)

in XBoX Accessibility
    cant turn off parental control or whatever (windows 10): i have been searching the web for a solution but cant seem to be able to. I can't get to the page in Xbox to turn it off it just redirects me to a Microsoft page witch says the exaxt thing i was...
  7. Controller randomly turns off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller randomly turns off: I have been having this problem lately where my controller will just turn off even with a fully charged battery pack. 87bbd933-a52f-47fb-8027-08812235c758
  8. XBOX 360 Controller for windows 10 turning off

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX 360 Controller for windows 10 turning off: Hi, I have looked across the internet but cant seem to find a solution to this problem, and am wondering if others experience something similar. I use a Microsoft XBOX 360 controller on my...
  9. my xbox controller turns off when I click the left part of the controller (left joystick...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox controller turns off when I click the left part of the controller (left joystick...: well I have an xbox one s controller that worked fine, the controller is out of garanty, but I have never throw it to the ground so IDK why this is happening, if I press with a little streng the...
  10. Xbox controller turns off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller turns off: I have been trying to afk but my controller turns off after a while i tried connecting it to power and normal batteries but neither worked i used to be able to afk without the controller turning...