Xbox controller turning off

Discus and support Xbox controller turning off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi there, does anyone know how i can keep my xbox contoller on while charging it and while not pressing any button on it, i do this because i have two... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by khalidthebeast8, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Xbox controller turning off

Hi there, does anyone know how i can keep my xbox contoller on while charging it and while not pressing any button on it, i do this because i have two controllers, one has a broken button so i use it
    to plug my headphones in and one has a broken headphoen jack so i use one to play and one for audio however it turns off every 10 mins

:)

khalidthebeast8, Sep 23, 2019
  2. Mogwai Warrior Win User

stuck with the controller image on the screen

Turn off your XBOX. Now turn on your XBOX AT the XBOX NOT with the controller, then turn on your controller.
  3. Kurokage22 Win User

Controller

You can simply press and hold the XBox icon button in the middle of the controller and it will give you three options: Turn Off Console, Turn Off Controller or Cancel. When you select Turn Off Controller, you may still get the 'Reconnect Controller' warning.
  4. GhostWolfViking Win User

Cheaters

Xbox listen.

Turn off PNSFNEO's controller.

*Kinect listens and turns off the users controller*

Turn off PNSFNEO's Xbox One.

*Kinect listens and shuts down the users Xbox One*

Xbox stop listening.

Lmao. No hackers on Xbox One.

It's just the beta box having system issues.
  5. KoliMEGA Win User

XB 1 Turns itself back on

so say no controller is on the dock, and i hold the xbox button on the controller, select turn off console....will that power the console back on, or will the controller turn off? When i am having this problem, the console and the controller both turn off,
    and then only the console logo lights back up, not the controller, if that helps clear up my issue, thanks 24hrs2live.
  6. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

Xbox controller turns off

Usually if you plug the controller in, it will stay on. But if it's still turning off, it sounds like it's just turning off due to idle time where it naturally powers off if you haven't touched the controller in a few minutes. If you want to afk in a game,
    what everyone does is place your character in the game in a position where you can press forward indefinitely (or any other direction) like maybe pushing your character up against a wall, and people use something else like a book or a rubber band to hold
    the controller stick going forward (like walking into a wall, so nothing actually happens in your game) and they leave the controller like that. It keeps an action going, so your controller never idles out and turns off on you, but you can leave it afk if
    you wish to. Just make sure that nothing you are afk'ing would be voilating any ToS, such as doing this in a Multi-Player game where people join a lobby and then go afk and not actually do anything to help their team, but rather just 'be there' to get XP etc.
    Hope that helps! :)
Thema:

Xbox controller turning off

1. Xbox controller turning off - Similar Threads - controller turning off

2. Elite v2 controller turns completely off only when connected to wireless adapter (will not...

in XBoX on Windows
    Elite v2 controller turns completely off only when connected to wireless adapter (will not...: My elite controller worked for a couple of days wireless with no issues. Today I get home from work and it disconnects from the computer and turns off all the way. I uninstalled the wireless...
  3. Vibration/controller turn off

in XboX Insiders
    Vibration/controller turn off: Please add this feature! New to the program but would love this! Also an option to turn the controller off since holding xbo button activates google assistant submitted by /u/slitsnipe [link]...
  4. Wired xbox360 controller stopped working - flashes and then turns off

in XBoX on Windows
    Wired xbox360 controller stopped working - flashes and then turns off: I have a wired Mad Catz "WWE brawler pad" for xbox360, which I used to use with my Windows 10 PC. After using it for a while without any issues, it suddenly stopped working: I plug it into any of...
  5. Xbox one controller turns off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one controller turns off: When i turn it on it blinks thn switches off Model 1708 i tried new batteries nothing happened nor does a usb cable work Its not the console its thr controller. When it conencts to something it...
  6. How to turn off the Xbox one controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to turn off the Xbox one controller: Hello i have a question about the controller and how to turn it off when using on the Xbox one console and pressing the guide button pulls up the what do you want to do screen and from there i...
  7. XBox One controller vibration can't be turned off when connected via bluetooth to PC

in XBoX on Windows
    XBox One controller vibration can't be turned off when connected via bluetooth to PC: Hi, I have seen this issue before but no answer to it: I have an XBOX One controller that I pair via Bluetooth to my Microsoft Surface Go. I have installed Xbox accessories app but when connected...
  8. Controller Automatically Turns off

in XboX Insiders
    Controller Automatically Turns off: When I’m watching media apps like prime video and tubi tv for example, my controller will turn itself off after 15 mins or so. I have my headset connected and yet it’ll still turn off. This all...
  9. Why does my controller turn off

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my controller turn off: I recently plugged a keyboard and mouse into my xbox and it works great. The problem is that i can only plug my headphones into my controller to hear the game and after about 20m my controller...
  10. how do you turn off controller without getting an error message?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do you turn off controller without getting an error message?: really stupid question all I'm trying to do is go from 2 player split screen back to single player, but no matter what I do I keep getting a "please reconnect controller" message. I can not to...