Xbox Controller Unresponsive

Discus and support Xbox Controller Unresponsive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Xbox Series S Controller is completely unresponsive, however, it is connected to the Xbox as when I turn the controller on, the Xbox turns on also, but... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by edwardDavey1, Sep 21, 2022.

1. edwardDavey1
    edwardDavey1 Guest

Xbox Series S Controller is completely unresponsive, however, it is connected to the Xbox as when I turn the controller on, the Xbox turns on also, but once I am on the home screen, no buttons on the controller work, tried with a cable and still no luck, and when I plug the controller into my computer, it shows as a controller is connected but again no buttons work and nothing happens

:)

edwardDavey1, Sep 21, 2022
  2. PettyManatee361 Win User

New Xbox one Controller D pad issues

I just bought the covert forces controller and I'm experiencing the same issue. The d pad is unresponsive. I'm currently in possession of the controller and retail packaging, and it's still unresponsive.
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

Xbox controller unresponsive

Hello, Ricky. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

You mentioned that you tried to reset the console. Was this a factory reset (Xbox button > Settings > System > Console info > Reset this xbox > Reset and keep my games and apps) or a power reset (turn off console > unplug cables > wait some time > plug cables > turn on console)?

Also, have you tested the controller on a computer (not other console) or laptop using both wired and wireless connection?

Waiting for your kind reply.
  4. Francia J. Win User

Xbox controller unresponsive

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

Kindly perform a powercycle by following the steps below:

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Unplug your console for 5 minutes.

3. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Unresponsive Xbox Controller

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Devil09

May I know if you already try syncing again your controller to your Xbox?

https://www.lifewire.com/sync-xbox-controller-w...

* This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Also, if you connect the controllers via USB cable it works?
  6. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

edwardDavey1, I'm sorry about that, friend.

From your report, it's a board error.

Is your controller under warranty?

If so, the repair process would be this:

Click on this link, if your console appears in your account click on it or register it.

After clicking on it, go to ''online service''. In the category put ''accessories'' and next to ''standard control'' and fill in the form with your data.

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...
Thema:

1. Xbox Controller Unresponsive - Similar Threads - Controller Unresponsive

2. Controller unresponsive still not fixed in Beta build (COD VANGUARD)

in XboX Insiders
    Controller unresponsive still not fixed in Beta build (COD VANGUARD): So latest BETA build states that Controller is fixed, well it isn't in VANGUARD, still same problem since it came out Controller gets unresponsive when you use wired headphones and 120hz mode i...
  3. Is there still no fix for the unresponsive faceplate buttons on an Xbox Series X controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there still no fix for the unresponsive faceplate buttons on an Xbox Series X controller?: I have had this particular controller since I got my Xbox Series X in 2020, but I haven't used it since a month or so ago. I had played for about an hour or so with the controller working fine and...
  4. Unresponsive Controller on XBSX Delta programme.

in XboX Insiders
    Unresponsive Controller on XBSX Delta programme.: Any one having issues with their controller intermittently becoming unresponsive then goes back to normal? submitted by /u/sithmetal71 [link] [comments]
  5. Controller unresponsive still not fixed in Vanguard and other COD games (wired headphones +...

in XboX Insiders
    Controller unresponsive still not fixed in Vanguard and other COD games (wired headphones +...: Hi, So the last firmware still didn't solve this issue and not included in known issues list yet, this has been a problem since last November and neither Microsoft or Activision is even...
  6. Xbox controller unresponsive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller unresponsive: When I turn my controller on, the xbox will also turn on. However, following this, no inputs are registered at all, and no controller is identified on settings and accessories. I have tried...
  7. unresponsive controllers that don't respond

in XboX Insiders
    unresponsive controllers that don't respond: Recently my controllers are starting to be annoyingly unresponsive. Every button I press doesn't do anything same with the sticks, if anyone knows how to fix the issues please tell me. submitted...
  8. How to fix an Xbox Series X controller's Xbox button being unresponsive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix an Xbox Series X controller's Xbox button being unresponsive?: I set up my brand-new Xbox this past weekend and have probably logged maybe ten to fifteen hours on it if we're being generous and earlier today my controller's Xbox button became effectively...
  9. Xbox1 controller goes unresponsive for a single game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox1 controller goes unresponsive for a single game: Controller is unresponsive....but only with one game....Call of Duty: Modern Warfare I've never heard of this happening... Controller worked fine an hour before the server probs this last...
  10. Unresponsive Xbox elite 2 controller

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unresponsive Xbox elite 2 controller: My buttons are unresponsive, My right stick dosent work, my left stick, my A button, my Y button, my X button, my B button. What do i do 81cf7847-cfd1-4dfd-8199-2edf31ce0bba