Xbox controller wont connect to my pc via cable

Discus and support Xbox controller wont connect to my pc via cable in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So when i plug it into the controller the controller obviously turns on but it won't connect. The middle xbox button just wont become solid... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by AugustineSingh, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Xbox controller wont connect to my pc via cable

So when i plug it into the controller the controller obviously turns on but it won't connect. The middle xbox button just wont become solid

:)

AugustineSingh, Nov 21, 2020
  2. Phil.k Win User

Question about Xbox One Joystick

yes you connect Xbox one controller to a Pc, wirelessly or cable, but to play xbox games on ur PC you need to connect controller via micro usb cable.
  3. FreakRoach Win User

Play & Charge Kit

Yes it will. You can connect the controller to your PC via WiFi or Bluetooth and can connect via your plug and charge kit to charge the batteries while you're playing.

But for playing on PC you don't even need the play and charge kit, you can just connect your controller via micro USB cable to your PC even if your batteries are drained as while connected via USB it wont use batteries.
  4. arbyksv Win User

Xbox One controller turn off when I press the bluetooth button (PC and Steam Link)

Yes, I'm trying to connect my controller via Bluetooth on my Windows 10 PC (It worked before yesterday). When I connect my controller via USB Cable it works fine.

The XBox Button flashing slowly when it's turn on. When I press the sync button to connect via Bluetooth, the XBox Button flashes for 1 second and the controller turn off.
  5. dAkainub Win User

You'll need the internet for this. Paradox

let me start again I tried connecting controller via usb cable but it wont sync I googled the problem and apparently the solution is to update the controller but im unable to do so because my xbox is not connected to internet even through ethernet cable
    im not sure why .

without working controller I cant connect to wifi and without wifi I cant update my controller so basically I cannot do anything
  6. IceStorm III Win User

Xbox controller on PC woes~!

[quote user="ManipularSauce4"]I recently purchased (last night) an xbox controller, and it wont connect to my PC, even though I have the adapter.[/quote]The Play and Charge cable? That carries no data. To use a 360 controller with a PC you either need the
    Wireless Gaming Receiver or a wired 360 controller.
Thema:

Xbox controller wont connect to my pc via cable

1. Xbox controller wont connect to my pc via cable - Similar Threads - controller wont connect

2. New xbox series 10 controller wont stay connected to my xbox one.

in XBoX on Consoles
    New xbox series 10 controller wont stay connected to my xbox one.: So I bought a new controller from GameStop the man at the register said that the controller works for the new Xbox as well as the Xbox One so I got it I have tried it with two different...
  3. Controller wont sync or connect after soft shutdown

in XboX Insiders
    Controller wont sync or connect after soft shutdown: Hey, I just sent the report via console but wanted to share more details here. We've got 2 Series X consoles (me and wife) with same behaviour. Hers is vanilla firmware , mine I joined back into...
  4. My Xbox series X/S controller does connect to my pc with bluetooth but wont work

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox series X/S controller does connect to my pc with bluetooth but wont work: Hi, I received my new xbox series x/s controller today but it doesnt work with bluetooth. It will connect but my pc doesnt get any responses. With a type c cable it works just fine. I also tried...
  5. My XB1 controller wont connect to my console

in XBoX on Consoles
    My XB1 controller wont connect to my console: Last night i was playing rocket leage like every other night but just now when i tried to turn on my controller the light would blink and then turn off. I thought the batteries where just dead so...
  6. Xbox Controllers Wont Connect Wirelessly (7OCT20)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controllers Wont Connect Wirelessly (7OCT20): Everything worked fine last night, but this afternoon none of my Xbox One controllers (4 tried) will sync wirelessly. If they are wired they seem to work but once disconnected they de-sync. Not...
  7. Xbox controller wont let me connect via bluetooth

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox controller wont let me connect via bluetooth: Today I logged on my pc to play some fortnite and went to connect my Xbox controller. When I pressed the bluetooth button my controller instantly turned off. Please help. Ps. I use a rechargable...
  8. Need help with system start up error controller wont connect at all

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help with system start up error controller wont connect at all: Keep getting the stystem startup Error E102 on my xbox. Ive done everything Ive seen in the forums except my controller wont connect for me to do anything other than look at the troubleshoot...
  9. Controller wont stay connected

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller wont stay connected: My xbox controller doesnt stay connected and were going thru batteries like crazy or the controller just freezes now it bleeps out of gaming and starts glitchening really bad. Ive done all im...
  10. xbox one controller wont connect via bluetooth/usb cable

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox one controller wont connect via bluetooth/usb cable: i have two controllers one white and one black, the black one cant conect via bluetooth only with usb, when im trying to connect it with bluetooth the button on the controller works fine but when...