Xbox controller won't update

Discus and support Xbox controller won't update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Xbox controller won't update. tried all of the recommended solutions. is there any advanced options? can i swap out something inside the controller... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PaulSajovec, Jun 30, 2020.

1. PaulSajovec
    PaulSajovec Guest

Xbox controller won't update. tried all of the recommended solutions. is there any advanced options? can i swap out something inside the controller with another one?

:)

PaulSajovec, Jun 30, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. dcj666 Win User

XBox One Controller on PC no longer works

I've tried to force the driver change to Xbox One Controller with no luck. The controller won't switch. And again, it still won't show up under Devices, only "Controller Updater".
  3. l Kballer l Win User

Xbox One Controller Dead after failed update via USB Cable

I accidentally unplugged the controller while updating and it turns on but the Xbox won't recognize it
  4. PaulSajovec Win User

I've tried all of the options such as Xbox Accessories, PC, restarting the Xbox, different usb cables. Thinking there has to be some work around, as the controller works fine when it is connected via a cable, but disconnects after a few seconds after it
    fails to update. A couple of times I was able to get it working by switching controllers when it reports an update is required. It would then work for a couple of weeks until it sent another message that an update is required.

Disappointing the Microsoft offers no support and says only that I can buy a new one since it is out of warranty.
  5. NewPrashil Win User

Try going to xbox accesiories.
  6. FewerSplash8509 Win User

Hi go to the xbox acserios and try updating from there if that dosent work try restarting your xboxs
Thema:

1. Xbox controller won't update - Similar Threads - controller won't update

2. Controller won't update, batteries low (not true)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller won't update, batteries low (not true): This morning all my controllers are not working. With new batteries, I power on the xbox with the controller. Xbox turns on, controller works for 10 seconds then shuts off (same pattern occurs on...
  3. Xbox one controller won't connect or update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one controller won't connect or update: Xbox one controller wont connect with usb all it does is slowly flash. Cant update or anything. Even tried on my laptop. My wired controller works perfect on the usb cable...
  4. Controller won't update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller won't update: Hi My xbox one s controller won't update from firmware version 1.0.62.0 I have tried to update it on both my console and pc but to no avail. Has anyone come across this and do you have a...
  5. MY XBOX ONE CONTROLLER WON'T SYNC AFTER A CONTROLLER UPDATE (NOT A XBOX UPDATE), IT DOESN'T...

in XBoX on Consoles
    MY XBOX ONE CONTROLLER WON'T SYNC AFTER A CONTROLLER UPDATE (NOT A XBOX UPDATE), IT DOESN'T...: Hi there! I'm a little mad today, because I tried to use my headphones by plugging them in the controller itself. They didn't worked and that made a pop up on my screen about a controller update....
  6. Xbox elite controller keeps flashing and won't work after failed update on controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite controller keeps flashing and won't work after failed update on controller: Hello everyone, As the title states, my xbox controller just keeps flashing and wont work no matter what i do. The Controller was plugged in Via USB, batteries were off, and connection was not...
  7. Controller Settings won't work since last update

in XboX Insiders
    Controller Settings won't work since last update: since the update which fixed the audio with headset comes a new bug, the settings of the controllers in the app don't work, tried with 3 different gamepads, pretty sad because i was using this app...
  8. Controller won't detect headset after firmware update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller won't detect headset after firmware update: My model 1708 winter forces special edition controller worked fine until i updated the firmware. After i updated the firmware, it won't detect anything plugged in the headphone jack. Is it...
  9. Can't update Controller bcuz it won't recognize USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't update Controller bcuz it won't recognize USB: For quite some time I have been having an issue whenever I plug in my headset where my Xbox One Controller gets a prompt to update but refuses to acknowledge the existence of my USB cable So I...
  10. Xbox one controller won't update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one controller won't update: I'm trying to update my controller so I can use my headset...it keeps saying it's not connecting with the USB cable. I've tried using a different USB cable but that didn't work. The controller...