Xbox controller Y button in always pressed state

Discus and support Xbox controller Y button in always pressed state in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi, My Xbox controller(2020) Y button is in always pressed state all the time, even in menu. I have tried calibrating, updating driver, and connecting... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Anand.Kashyap, Aug 18, 2021.

1. Xbox controller Y button in always pressed state

Hi,

My Xbox controller(2020) Y button is in always pressed state all the time, even in menu. I have tried calibrating, updating driver, and connecting with usb also. Its still the same. I am on windows 10. And the warranty is finished for this controller. I tried placing a repair request on support.xbox but they neither allow phone call nor take pickup requests. I felt I made a big mistake spending so much for just 90 day warranty & no way to get it repaired officially.

:)

Anand.Kashyap, Aug 18, 2021
  2. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Hi there Anand welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. Unfortunately, I have been on the same circumstance, but it was the RB button for me! As crazy as it seems my solution was using compressed air, it isn't permanent but it allows me to use the controller.
  3. Nursemorph Win User

They mean an air duster: A can of compressed air that is used to clean dust from keyboards (or anything with a tight space) and the like. You direct it at the area in question and it blasts compressed air into the area, hopefully clearing any dust. SOmetimes dust will get behind buttons and stop them contacting properly.

Here's an example of one for reference:

Air Duster
  4. Anand.Kashyap Win User

Hey Christopher,

Can you explain how you used compressed air? I am not sure what you meant.
  5. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Yes, I think another name to it is compressed gas, I apply the gas directly to the spaces between the button! Or sometimes I open my controller to do it (I do not recommend opening it if you don't have knowledge on how to do it without risking the controller, I did it because my controller is 4 years old with no warranty left)
  6. Zer0 G Win User

Xbox video playback issue

Hey Duncan, lets try to reset the video settings on the xbox. With the xbox off, grab your controller and press and hold the right trigger while holding fown the Y button. Then press the center xbox button to power on the xbox. Keep pressing down on the
    trigger and Y till the console resets then release the trigger and y button. When the console finishes booting up see if you are still experiencing the video issue.
Thema:

1. Xbox controller Y button in always pressed state - Similar Threads - controller button always

2. Controller Buttons Unresponsive at Start Up.

in XboX Insiders
    Controller Buttons Unresponsive at Start Up.: Before the Alpha Update on Sunday Morning when ever I started up the Console I had full control once I got to the Dashboard. Now when I get to the dashboard the inputs are only recognized 5% of...
  3. Spotify disables use of the Xbox (home) button on the controller?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Spotify disables use of the Xbox (home) button on the controller?: This happened 3 times on a Series X playing AC: Odyssey while listening to Spotify in the background. The audio from Spotify simply stops and the Xbox button on the controller does not respond....
  4. How do I unbind the share button on my xbox controller?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I unbind the share button on my xbox controller?: I hit the button all the time because my fingers and joints weren't properly formed and I don't have enough of a range of movement to comfortably and consistently press the start or select button...
  5. I am unable to unbind the share button on my controller and it's anti-accessibility

in XboX Insiders
    I am unable to unbind the share button on my controller and it's anti-accessibility: I hit the button all the time because my fingers and joints weren't properly formed and I don't have enough of a range of movement to comfortably and consistently press the start or select button...
  6. Controller works fine for everything else but the guide button doesn't bring up the guide.

in XboX Insiders
    Controller works fine for everything else but the guide button doesn't bring up the guide.: First off the controller is updated to the last firmware. I am using a Amazon Fire HD 10 inch tablet. Everything works but the guide button. I tried 2 different controllers and the same thing. I...
  7. Xbox one s controller home button not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s controller home button not working: Controller home button suddenly stopped working. I have 2 battery packs and I know it is charged because I have another controller that works with the battery packs. But the controller does work...
  8. Xbox Series X/S Controller Buttons

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X/S Controller Buttons: So recently about 1-2 days ago I got an Xbox Series X/S Wireless Controller, out of the box it felt nice but about an hour into play the A button felt like it was harder to push down and a lot...
  9. Xbox One Controller Audio Adapter Mute Button Always On

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller Audio Adapter Mute Button Always On: Hi Support, I’m experiencing an issue today where the mute button on the xbox one audio adapter is constantly on and will not turn off. My headset as such is not working through it either. I...
  10. Xbox One S Controller Home Button not always working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S Controller Home Button not always working: Hi guys, I just got a Xbox One S Controller, but the home button differs alot from my old classic. Theres no resistence in the home button, and it doesn't always register two clicks. Instead, it...