Xbox controllers going crazy

Discus and support Xbox controllers going crazy in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; A few days ago, we suddenly found after turning the xbox on and logging in that the remotes were just going nuts. As soon as you clicked the control... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SandElf45320258, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Xbox controllers going crazy

A few days ago, we suddenly found after turning the xbox on and logging in that the remotes were just going nuts. As soon as you clicked the control knob to choose an app, the select window just races back and forth between two options, or sometimes from
    one end of the tabs to the other, making it impossible to actually choose anything. Pressing the reset button sometimes helps temporarily.

I'd appreciate some advice. Thanks.

:)

SandElf45320258, Oct 9, 2019
  2. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

Its also possible your control could be experiencing some sort of physical or software related malfunction that may not be fixable with an update.

If that's the case you have one of three options. You could troubleshoot it to see if you could fix it, buy a new controller, or se if its repairable or replaceable under warranty. I'll leave you with support links for the controller troubleshooter and for
    the Xbox Devices page. Most controllers are covered by a standard 90-day manufacturer's warranty as listed in the fine print of the manual in addition to the warranty provided by the store on the receipt for the device (whether it was an extra purchase or
    mandatory for the store to give.) Warranty information for most devices can also be found online, often times if you are within the warranty period and the device is truly broke they should ship you a new one.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/browse/xbox-one/controllers

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/devices

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/warranty-and-service/xbox-product-documents-info

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/browse/xbox-one/warranties-and-repair

I added a few extra links involving common warranty issues and questions to help as well.
  3. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello SandElf45320258,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that the select window is moving constantly on it's own through the Xbox menus.
    How many controllers are experiencing this issue? Is your console enrolled in the

Xbox Insider Program
    ? We recommend
    power cycling
    the console by holding down the power button on the console for ten seconds. Be sure to let us know the results!
  4. G v zauBerBerg Win User

Hi SandElf45320258,

sorry to hear. Maybe there was an Update installed. So please connect the Controller with an usb cable and try to update him also.

Hope this helps and please keep us informed
  5. Koods Win User

Controller Problems? Am I going crazy?

The problem is that no two players are the same & what you might see as "babying" might be considered rough by someone else, I can only speak for myself in this but in the 4 years I've owned my Xbox One I've had zero controller problems yet others can
    barely get 3 months. Either I'm very light handed or lucky, but fortunately my Elite is still going strong!
  6. Jeffery Wafflez Win User

Controller Problems? Am I going crazy?

New xbox controllers (version 2019) show signs of being cheaper out of the box. My roomate has the controller from 4-5 years ago and it's just starting to shut down. My controller that came with my "new" xbox one S had a bad guide button out of the box and
    less than a year later, the audio jack stopped working. Got an older one to replace it, the audio jack quit. Now with a brand new one the audio cord has to be turned to the right, as of two days ago, or I don't get volume. I bought the headset with the controller.
    I will contact xbox about a replacement but now I have to send a controller in and whatever else just to land in these forums again in 2-3 months. I mean I did everything to take care of all of them. It's a shame because they look nice and are in great
    condition but they're all useless like a cloud locked Iphone. Just some 180$ of paper-weights.😥
Thema:

1. Xbox controllers going crazy - Similar Threads - controllers going crazy

2. Elite Controller Going Bad

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller Going Bad: My elite controller is basically getting destroyed by itself. First was the rubber peeling off, then one of the buttons for the paddles became spongy (no clicky feeling) and now the left...
  3. Controller Problems? Am I going crazy?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Controller Problems? Am I going crazy?: long time xbox player, always had gold, and I used to love customising xbox controllers. I keep replacing my NEW controllers after a few months. I just don't understand, seems obvious they arn't...
  4. Is there going to be a new Elite controller anytime soon?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there going to be a new Elite controller anytime soon?: I am thinking about buying another one, which would be my third.(The first one, the drift is so bad on the joysticks it is almost unusable for most games. The second one, I have to keep replacing...
  5. Mi control se va apara arriba -[Translation - My control is going up]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mi control se va apara arriba -[Translation - My control is going up]: Mi control no corre en ocasiones y se fue solo para arriba por favor de contestar lo antes posible, gracias por su comprensión -[Translation My control is going up my control does not run at...
  6. So I'm going to send my controller back to MC

in XBoX on Consoles
    So I'm going to send my controller back to MC: Through USPS microsoft told me to put my return adress and order number both inside and outside the box alright I got that but what's the order number exactly for and will usps ask why it's there...
  7. Xbox controller analogue sticks keep going bad

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller analogue sticks keep going bad: Im now about to buy my 9th controller this generation. I could own an xbox one x and several more games for the money ive had to waste on controllers for my x1 and x1s. 81 days ago major nelson...
  8. both xbox one controllers go left in the dashboard and will not let me click A X Y B to play ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    both xbox one controllers go left in the dashboard and will not let me click A X Y B to play ...: both controllers just go left on my Xbox One. They are Microsoft Brand controllers. I tried clearing the blue ray disc cache, the alternate Mac Address and it still goes to the left in the...
  9. headset not connecting to controller and tv not going into HD anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    headset not connecting to controller and tv not going into HD anymore: 3 days ago my xbox was fine and ive turned it on the next day and my headset won't connect with my controller.. (keeps saying it cannot find a mic for these people) and my tv won't go in HD...
  10. my Xbox 360 controller is going crazy

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox 360 controller is going crazy: my Xbox 360 controller has a problem where all of the buttons are backwards and i don know what to do a is the b button and the looking and walking sticks are inverted i don't know what to do...