Xbox Controller's X and Y button not working in Youtube App

Discus and support Xbox Controller's X and Y button not working in Youtube App in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Ever since yesterday, the X and Y buttons (backspace and spacing respectively) are not working at all. Is there a way to resolve this???... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Flame Haze SnS, May 14, 2022.

1. Xbox Controller's X and Y button not working in Youtube App

Ever since yesterday, the X and Y buttons (backspace and spacing respectively) are not working at all. Is there a way to resolve this???

:)

Flame Haze SnS, May 14, 2022
  2. [ A J ] Win User

Hi, Flame! thank you for reaching out.

My name is AJ, I'm an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

* Please try power cycling both your console and the controller:

- Press and hold your controller's Xbox button until it shuts down.

- Remove your controller's batteries and the Micro-USB cable (if plugged in) for a minute or two.

- Press and hold your console's power button until it shuts down.

- Remove all other external devices from the console.

- Unplug your console's power cord for 5 minutes.

- Plug the power cord back in.

- Turn your console on and check if the issues persist.

- If necessary, try pairing your controller again.

* If this doesn't work, here are some other things you could try:

- Check for controller updates.

- Check for system updates at Settings > System > Updates.

- Check for pending Youtube updates at My games and apps > Apps > Youtube > Manage App > Updates.

- Reinstall Youtube.

- Perform a soft factory reset on your console, I'd suggest leaving this as a last resort. This can be done by going to Settings > System > Console Info > Reset console > Keep games and apps.

NOTE: Resetting your console to its factory defaults erases all accounts, saved games, settings, and home Xbox associations. Anything not synchronized with Xbox Live will be lost. If your console has been constantly connected to the internet and Xbox Live services, your saved data should be backed up on the cloud.

I hope these help!

Please let me know if you need further assistance.
  3. M4rkMcfly Win User

The Xbox One Accessories App & Elite Controller.

I have an issue after i use the Accessoires App and the Elite Controller. The A, B ,X and Y Button doesn´t work anymore but the Stick works fine. Is there a way to reset the mapping on the Controller. I can´t get in the App without the A Button?
  4. Cloud Gear 13 Win User

Pantalla verde en Youtube [Translate] Green screen on Youtube

Desinstala la aplicación de youtube y luego reinstala la aplicación, si no funciona resetea el xbox dandole y aguanta por 10 segundo el button en la consola luego se va apagar luego prendela usando el control se supone que se resuelva el problema con la
    aplicación.

[Translate by Mod]

Uninstall the youtube app and then reinstall the app, if it doesn't work reset the xbox giving it and hold for 10 seconds the button on the console then it will turn off then turn it on using the control is supposed to solve the problem with the app.
  5. idiot with gunz Win User

Buttons don't work

No idea how to fix it, but have you tried using the smartglass app to control your xbox? Not sure that'll work for you, but it's something to try. If you're not familiar, it gives you A B X Y and guide button control of your xbox on a phone or tablet. Hope
    that helps.
  6. RedShark360 Win User

TV Tuner

Agree. The Media Remote also needs to have A, B, X, and Y buttons, otherwise many of the media apps cannot be controlled!
Thema:

1. Xbox Controller's X and Y button not working in Youtube App - Similar Threads - Controller's button working

2. Nothing on Xbox series x controller works but home button and triggers, anyone know how to fix?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Nothing on Xbox series x controller works but home button and triggers, anyone know how to fix?: Nothing on Xbox series x controller works but home button and triggers, anyone know how to fix? Or what the issue is? e5bf8b2b-5ded-4f31-bbe4-9297b8933ac6
  3. Xbox series x elite 2 controller. Works to turn on system all other buttons stopped working...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x elite 2 controller. Works to turn on system all other buttons stopped working...: Per title I walked away from my system. The controller lost connection. When I came back into connection range buttons do not work on controller. Except for power button still turns on the system....
  4. "A" button not working on 3 separate controllers with xbox series X after login.

in XBoX on Consoles
    "A" button not working on 3 separate controllers with xbox series X after login.: Please help! The "A" button on my xbox series X does not work on 3 separate controllers (1 series x controller, 2 separate xbox one s controllers) after logging in. "A" button works before logging...
  5. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller - Controller drift and RB & LB buttons not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller - Controller drift and RB & LB buttons not working: Hi Xbox community! I have been enjoying playing competitive Fortnite with my elite series 2 controller since February 2020 and I love it! top marks, Microsoft! Now i have problems with the...
  6. Home Button on Xbox Controller Not Working Consistently

in XBoX on Consoles
    Home Button on Xbox Controller Not Working Consistently: Hi, I’m on the Xbox series X and I just connected my new controller for the first time today, so it’s all updated and everything. The only problem is the home button is not responsive more than...
  7. Xbox controller home button not working!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller home button not working!: I have tried a hard reset but my Xbox controllers home button never works unless I push it really hard.Can any one give me tips on how to make it work properly again without dismantling the...
  8. My home screen won't work and my home button on my controller just leads me to a error

in XBoX on Consoles
    My home screen won't work and my home button on my controller just leads me to a error: Whenever I turn on my xbox it is just a Grey screen and when I press the xbox button on my controller it says visit xbox.com/errorhelp and enter the following code 0x80070490...
  9. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller: Why don't the face buttons work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller: Why don't the face buttons work?: What's going on with the $180 $160 ELITE series 2 xbox controller? I just bought one (for use on PC) from the microsoft store. First time I used it, the A button was only intermittently...
  10. Xbox one controller home button not working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one controller home button not working.: My home button on old xbox control is not working. Control will not turn on and if I plug USB cable into it, it works perfectly but home button still not working. I have made sure the control is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. YouTube backspace dont work