Xbox Core Controller Disconnecting and Reconnecting on Windows 10.

Discus and support Xbox Core Controller Disconnecting and Reconnecting on Windows 10. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I bought a Xbox Core Controller and I can pair and connect it to my PC. It will stay connected and work for about 15 seconds then it disconnects and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by OK], Jul 2, 2022.

1. OK]
    OK] Guest

So I bought a Xbox Core Controller and I can pair and connect it to my PC. It will stay connected and work for about 15 seconds then it disconnects and starts slowly flashing. It will reconnect but then it repeats the process all over again and can't stop. I've tried updating the firmware. removing the device, everything, and I can't get it to fix. I know it's not my PC because I use a wireless bluetooth mouse. Please help!

:)

2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today buddy

Are you able to connect your controller to another device like your phone?
    If yes, how it goes?

Also, try connecting it to the PC wired, it works flawlessly?
    And, which windows and Bluetooth version do you have? Windows 11 or 10?
    (About Bluetooth, 2.1, 4.2, 5.0, etc)

This helps us to isolate the issue

I'll be waiting for your reply, greetings from another Microsoft user!
  3. PainfulCarpet0 Win User

xbox 360 wired controller not working on windows 10

Hi,

Sorry for not helping, but my wired Xbox 360 controller has been acting "wonky", disconnecting and reconnect frequently and it stopped working in my games a few months after installing Windows 10.

Specs:

Intel(R) Core(TM)

i3-4130 CPU @

3.40GHZ

8.00 GB of RAM

64-bit OS, x64-based processor.

Thank you.
  4. Catherine Cus. Win User

Closing and reopening xbox app causes freeze

Hi,

If you're having issues with the Xbox controllers while streaming games through the Xbox app on Windows 10, this may be be due to outdated drivers of the controllers. To resolve this issue, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this

link
    on how to update your Xbox One controller on Windows 10.

It is also recommended to keep your Windows 10 device and the Xbox app up-to-date. Refer to the following links for the steps:

After installing the updates, disconnect the Xbox controllers, and then restart both of the Xbox One console and the Windows 10 computer. Reconnect the controllers and check if you'll encounter the same issue.

Keep us posted with the progress. We'd be glad to further assist you.
  5. Shinonc Win User

Elite Controller 2 Bluetooth issues

Having similar Issues. My Elite series 2 controller works fine for about an hour or so, then will disconnect. Half the time it will auto reconnect after 2 or 3 seconds, the other half it will not reconnect at all and I have to manually turn off the controller
    and turn it back on for it to reconnect. Each time it does disconnect the frame rate of the game plummets for a few seconds. Then after some time passes, roughly an hour give or take, the issue will repeat for the entire gaming session.

My windows 10 is up to date as of this posting at build 1909 and my Elite series 2 controller is updated as well.

The support article for troubleshooting bluetooth issues on windows 10 does not help with the issue.

I have never connected the Elite series 2 controller to my Xbox One S, I bought it solely for PC gaming.

Forgot to mention, I am connecting via bluetooth. I do not have a wireless adapter nor do I want to connect using a usb cable.
  6. memorris027 Win User

Xbox 360 wireless not working on Windows 10

I think you might be having the same problem I'm having. It was also posted here:

steamcommunity.com/.../522729358580802775

Whenever I play a game in full-screen mode, I can navigate the menus with the controller but when gameplay starts, it disconnects. I reconnect and when I take it off pause, the controller disconnects again. It works perfectly in windowed mode. Does anyone
    have a solution? Is there a good driver to manually install on Windows 10?
Thema:

1. Xbox Core Controller Disconnecting and Reconnecting on Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Core Controller Disconnecting

2. Core (Plus) Wired Controller - Not being detected by Windows 11?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Core (Plus) Wired Controller - Not being detected by Windows 11?: Hello. I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and I have a controller that I used to use when I was on Windows 10 for playing games like Smash Melee or any other game that's better with a controller....
  3. Brand new Xbox Core wireless controller says "critical" with brand new batteries or battery...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox Core wireless controller says "critical" with brand new batteries or battery...: Just purchased a new Xbox Core wireless controller. Says "critical" with brand new batteries or battery pack. I am using it with games on my computer. Is there something wrong with the controller...
  4. I have an xbox core controller that I use for both pc and xbox, its up to date, nothing...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an xbox core controller that I use for both pc and xbox, its up to date, nothing...: I bought an xbox series x/s controller for my pc and xbox after breaking the one I had before it because it kept disconnecting from both bluetooth and wired connection. It's getting ridiculous, as...
  5. Xbox Core controller, wired on Win 10 PC. Does not work on boot.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Core controller, wired on Win 10 PC. Does not work on boot.: Hi, we've been using the different generations of Xbox controllers on our laptops for a while now and I noticed some slightly different behavior with the Core controller. Upon starting up the PC...
  6. Verify if the Xbox core controller is original

in XBoX on Consoles
    Verify if the Xbox core controller is original: Hello, I want to know what kind of things an original Xbox series s/x controller has ? How do I know if its oficial? 2ce8d0f8-8283-489d-b74d-8950a552c437
  7. Xbox wireless controller (Latest "Core Controller") Windows 10 PC Z-Axis Joystick problem

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox wireless controller (Latest "Core Controller") Windows 10 PC Z-Axis Joystick problem: TLDR; Newest Xbox Wireless Controller Still has Z axis Joystick problems on PC, even on a brand new Windows 10 gaming PC. Wow this is disappointing... Another OLD issue for the new wireless...
  8. New Xbox One Core Controller Does Not Recognize Wired Mono Headset Model 1564

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox One Core Controller Does Not Recognize Wired Mono Headset Model 1564: Just bought a new Xbox One Core Controller model# 1914 and my headset model# 1564 is not being recognized. I've done a controller firmware update three times, power cycled the console, and soft...
  9. Xbox Core Controller Won't charger im on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Core Controller Won't charger im on PC: hey i bought the controllers days ago and it came with that pen battery's that chargerable it worked for few days to recharger than it got dumped not working anymore i thought its problem with...
  10. Core Controller disconnects without constant input.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Core Controller disconnects without constant input.: Just bought a brande new Xbox Core Controller. Problem is if i don't constantly give it input it disconnects from my system. It's like a puppy needing constant attention. Is this just some weird...