Xbox crashes when starting Live TV

Discus and support Xbox crashes when starting Live TV in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I have a problem with my Xbox One when starting Live TV. I have the following setup: - HTPC (Windows 8.1) - Cablecom Cable-Box... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by K3N.SD, Feb 18, 2014.

1. K3N.SD
    K3N.SD Guest

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with my Xbox One when starting Live TV. I have the following setup:

- HTPC (Windows 8.1)

- Cablecom Cable-Box (Samsung)

Both devices connected through a high quality HDMI Switch to the Xbox ONE. When waking up the XONE with the "XBOX ON" command, then starting Live TV ("XBOX WATCH TV" command), the HDMI switch points to the HTPC which is already ON. During the Start of the
    Live TV my TV screen went black, the XBOX makes a squeaking noise (the Xbox itself not though the speakers) and shuts down completely. If the HDMI switch points to the Cable-Box the screen stuttering for about 1 minute and no sound is played.

I already replaced all the HDMI cables and the HDMI switch without success. I tested the HDMI switch with my TV and it works fine. If I restart the console after the crash, everything works fine and as expected, except from the sound issue. To solve the
    sound problem I have to turn off the Cable-Box and switch it on again. The sound issue happens with all devices it seems, that the problem occurs if the connected Device is ON before the XBox ONE is ready.

Is there any fix for this, or is any update (already have the Feb. 16 update) in queue?

Right now the problem is getting worse, if my HTPC is on an I turn on Xbox. The Xbox seems like its starting an crashes after a few seconds.

Another point is, since the update the Xbox is unable to turn on/off my cable-box anymore. So I repeated the setup and everything is working there.

THX K3N

:)

K3N.SD, Feb 18, 2014
  2. HailofSteel
    HailofSteel Guest
    crashing / locking up

I have 2 Limited Edition consoles and they both crash every few hours.However certain games will crash the systems more than others.Both of my consoles crash when I'm starting a game.My tv screen will go black like it generally does when games are loading
    but mine will stay that way until I restart my console.I guess its normal..

HailofSteel, Feb 18, 2014
  3. K3N.SD
    K3N.SD Guest
    XBox One shuts down when starting Live TV

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with my Xbox One when starting Live TV. I have the following setup:

- HTPC (Windows 8.1)

- Cablecom TV-Box (Samsung)

Both devices connected through a high quality HDMI Switch to the Xbox ONE. When waking up the XONE with the "XBOX ON" command, then starting Live TV ("XBOX WATCH TV" command), the HDMI switch points to the HTPC which is already ON. During the Start of the
    Live TV my TV screen went black, the XBOX makes a squeaking noise (the Xbox itself not though the speakers) and shuts down completely. If the HDMI switch points to the TV-Box the screen stuttering for about 1 minute and no sound is played.

I already replaced all the HDMI cables and the HDMI switch without success. I tested the HDMI switch with my TV and it works fine. If I restart the console after the crash, everything works fine and as expected, except from the sound issue. To solve the
    sound problem I have to turn off the TV-Box and switch it on again. The sound issue happens with all devices it seems, that the problem occurs if the connected Device is ON before the XBox ONE is ready.

Is there any fix for this, or is any update (already have the Feb. 16 update) in queue?

THX K3N

K3N.SD, Feb 18, 2014
  4. Bitter Kevin Win User

Kinect on and off by itself

I am having this problem too. I am in the preview program and it started with the betas for the march update. It crashes randomly while watching TV and almost always crashes when bringing up the side guide. It's driving me nuts >_<
  5. HailofSteel Win User

crashing / locking up

I have 2 Limited Edition consoles and they both crash every few hours.However certain games will crash the systems more than others.Both of my consoles crash when I'm starting a game.My tv screen will go black like it generally does when games are loading
    but mine will stay that way until I restart my console.I guess its normal..
  6. Bear on the job Win User

Xbox one tv stopped working.

This issue is caused by the Xbox One TV app crashing randomly. When the app crashes, you lose all TV functionality, including IR control of your other devices (TV, cable box, and audio receiver). If the app crashes while the Xbox is in standby, they will
    not turn on when you turn your Xbox on.

The TV app will not recover or restart by iteself. The only way to fix this is to power down the Xbox completely and let it reboot. You can do this a number of ways (which have been described here). One option is in "Settings > Power & Startup", turn "Power
    mode" to "Energy-saving". This will force the Xbox to power down completely each time you turn it off, which will make sure the TV app resets. Unfortunately, this means the voice control for "Xbox on" will not work anymore, and each time you turn on your Xbox
    you will have to wait ~1 minute for it to boot. Alternatively, you can force your Xbox to restart by holding the power button for 10 seconds.

Almost all of the problems people are experiencing with Live TV and other apps is similar to this. The apps will crash, but the Xbox won't be able to restart them without a full reboot. This is entirely microsoft's fault for bad software, and we are left
    at their mercy until they can give us a patch to fix it.
  7. XxRECONx960002 Win User

CRASHING !!

the same, and now when i start my xbox it crashes :/ thanks anyway
  8. XxRECONx960002 Win User

CRASHING !!

it doesn't work men and now when i start my xbox it crashes
Thema:

1. Xbox crashes when starting Live TV - Similar Threads - crashes starting Live

2. Bard's Tale IV Crash at start

in XBoX on Windows
    Bard's Tale IV Crash at start: Hello, I installed the Game Pass PC version of Bard's Tale 4, and everything went fine. I played for several weeks. I have two monitors hooked up to my PC, and I tried to get the game to run from...
  3. Gears of War 5 crashes shortly after starting.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gears of War 5 crashes shortly after starting.: I have downloaded Gears of War 5 from Microsoft Store, and it crashes shortly after I launch the game. I have an Xbox One X, and the game does not give an error screen. The only warning that I get...
  4. Psycho-Pass Mandatory Happiness start up crash

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Psycho-Pass Mandatory Happiness start up crash: I have Psycho-Pass Mandatory Happiness on disk ive played the game before and im at 95% completion and now it always gives me a black screen and then crashes the disk is in perfect condition I'm...
  5. Win10 game Mutant Year Zero: RTE crash before it start

in XBoX on Windows
    Win10 game Mutant Year Zero: RTE crash before it start: I download the game Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden in my PC with Win10 and Game Pass Ultimate and when y launch the game, show the intro, the "Press any button to start" screen and then when I...
  6. Xbox one s crashing when starting certain games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one s crashing when starting certain games: My new Xbox s keeps crashing (freezing and then turning itself off when I try to run another game/app) when I try to run Mortal Kombat XL and FH 4 from my game pass. Other games are fine. I tried...
  7. Xbox not starting after game crash

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox not starting after game crash: I was playing on my Xbox One S today and after I attempted to load up a game it was met with a "Checking for updates" message in the game. After I assumed it had froze I pressed the home button to...
  8. Multiple Different Start up errors game crashes and trouble connecting to xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Multiple Different Start up errors game crashes and trouble connecting to xbox live: My xbox one x repeatedly has start up errors such as E200 E105 E101 and some others i try troubleshooting and restarting still doesnt work ive tried factory reset still get the same errors also...
  9. Minecraft crashed after signing into Xbox Live at start on Windows 10.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft crashed after signing into Xbox Live at start on Windows 10.: When I had turned on my computer and had logged into Minecraft, Minecraft crashes while trying to log into Xbox Live. The Message is "Signing Into Xbox Live...This Will Take A Moment...", then...
  10. Blu-ray live crashes and cannot start a movie! (Despicable me 2)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Blu-ray live crashes and cannot start a movie! (Despicable me 2): The blu-ray live streaming previews from the internet blocks out the FF / Skip / Popup Menu / Top Menu buttons on the menu and shows a red circle with line through it when selected. And in the...