Xbox customer service is absolutely horrible

Discus and support Xbox customer service is absolutely horrible in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So this morning my Microsoft account was hacked. I woke up to numerous emails from Microsoft saying this and that was changed in my account. Emails... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by HeadyOrca348642, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Xbox customer service is absolutely horrible

So this morning my Microsoft account was hacked. I woke up to numerous emails from Microsoft saying this and that was changed in my account. Emails with confirmation numbers and codes. Somehow they got in and deleted my email and phone number from the
    account. So I call Microsoft support and they tell me that if they deleted my email, the account is gone for good. They would not be able to recover it. WOW!!!! So my four hundred movies purchased thru Xbox, and all my games are now gone. So if you get
    your account hacked it's gone for good. Isnt that great customer support??? I had to request a supervisor and they transferred me somewhere and just hung up on me. So great now I have to re explain everything and meanwhile the hacker is enjoying my account.
    So everyone be aware the Microsoft support can't recover your account if they get in to change your email. Pretty pathetic that a huge company like Microsoft can't recover an account that has been hacked. I suggest everyone be aware at how poor and unhelpful
    they are at helping someone who has lost thousands of dollars on an account. Think twice before pressing that buy button. It almost feels like I am the only one in the world that has been hacked like this. The customer service reps acted like there was
    nothing they could do and I just have to accept it. Pretty horrible considering how much identity theft and account hacking goes on today. If u get hacked on ur Microsoft account tough luck. The response i get from a multi billion dollar company.

:)

HeadyOrca348642, Jun 19, 2018
  2. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

My xbox one console is only 6 months old and is broken. Microsoft will NOT honor the warranty and told me the console had been tampered with. I know for a fact that the console has never been touched besides just playing games. Very disappointed and I
    wont spend another dollar on anything they have to offer.

ReliableChain2, Jun 19, 2018
  3. customer service is absolutely disgusting

I experienced the same results, but unfortunately instead of being from Xbox it was from Sony so yea depends on the situation. It was the whole reason I left them and decided to return to xbox. Sorry for your inconvenience with customer service that can
    be a pain in the butt after all that hassle.

LonesomeDove81, Jun 19, 2018
  4. Shaggy2000
    Shaggy2000 Guest

Just a quick question, did you have the system activated where if something is changed on your account a text message is sent to your phone to verify its you trying to make the changes and not someone else?

It doesn't make it all your fault if you didn't, and Microsoft should still do all they can to get your account back, but in the future you may want to look into that.

Shaggy2000, Jun 20, 2018
  5. Shaggy2000
    Shaggy2000 Guest
    Also don't accept it, keep at them and keep on trying to speak to someone higher up.

The problem with most large companies is that get third party companies to deal with customer support, and a lot of times these customer support staff aren't paid the best wages and have to deal with a lot of abuse from customers.

Still no excuse on their part, just letting you know why they may have hung up on you.

Shaggy2000, Jun 20, 2018
  6. The key is to talk with customer support and tell them that your account was hacked and that you need them to do an unauthorized access unable to recover escalation.

This is what should happen.

1. the support team should fill out a form to send to the escalation team these are some parts of the form.

1. they will have you create a new MS account that does not have a xbox profile/gamertag attached to it.

2. they will ask you for some information off of the console that your profile has been on.

3. ask for the IP address for your internet where your console is at.

4. ask for information that was on your account previously, Name, DOB, billing zip code

they will then send this form up to the MS escalations team who will look over the information and determine if your account was hacked and that information is correct they will then move ALL of your account information including any licenses for games and
    movies over to the new account that you created at the beginning of the form. This is why it can not have a xbox profile attached to it because they will not be able to move the old account to the new account if there is one.

steeledwand7664, Jun 20, 2018
  7. HAZMAT RADIO
    HAZMAT RADIO Guest
    Please review what SteeleWand posted...

Customer support can't get your account back, by design. There's a process for this.

It is a pain if you account has been compromised because Microsoft has so much security in place but it doesn't help if the account has been shared out or if you're using a yahoo email address that's been compromised as the sign in for your account.

HAZMAT RADIO, Jun 20, 2018
  8. Xbox customer service is absolutely horrible

So, here it is 2 months later and still no word from Microsoft. I have replied to every request through email, since escalation department has no phone. I have received four different emails asking for different things to
    verify my account. Why did it take four?? Why was all the questions not asked in email number one, asking four different times just slowed the process down.

Chatted each week with a different customer service representative. Still no word or sign of any work being done to recover my account. Some can't find my reference number, others claimed they needed to verify the email. (Which
    was a waste of time, I told him my account was hacked and which email is it verifying the hackers or mine. He replied with I can't tell till u verify the account. SMH!!) Each time it's the same story, we can't contact escalation you just have to be patient.....WTF,
    it takes someone 2 months to figure this out??? Everytime I ask to speak to a supervisor, they don't do anything different, or they plain hang up on the transfer and I have to call again and re-explain the whole situation again . I refrain from yelling or
    profanity when talking to these customer service representatives. Xbox/Microsoft customer service just plain sucks!! No one can help me get this account back, I just have to hope these escalation guys can figure this out in the next year???

HeadyOrca348642, Aug 22, 2018
  9. quo

10. So, here it is 2 months later and still no word from Microsoft. I have replied to every request through email, since escalation department has no phone. I have received four different emails asking for different things to verify my account. Why
    did it take four?? Why was all the questions not asked in email number one, asking four different times just slowed the process down.

Chatted each week with a different customer service representative. Still no word or sign of any work being done to recover my account. Some can't find my reference number, others claimed they needed to verify the email. (Which was a waste of time,
    I told him my account was hacked and which email is it verifying the hackers or mine. He replied with I can't tell till u verify the account. SMH!!) Each time it's the same story, we can't contact escalation you just have to be patient.....WTF, it takes
    someone 2 months to figure this out??? Everytime I ask to speak to a supervisor, they don't do anything different, or they plain hang up on the transfer and I have to call again and re-explain the whole situation again . I refrain from yelling or profanity
    when talking to these customer service representatives. Xbox/Microsoft customer service just plain sucks!! No one can help me get this account back, I just have to hope these escalation guys can figure this out in the next year???

11. So, here it is 2 months later and still no word from Microsoft. I have replied to every request through email, since escalation department has no phone. I have received four different emails asking for different things to verify my account. Why
    did it take four?? Why was all the questions not asked in email number one, asking four different times just slowed the process down.

Chatted each week with a different customer service representative. Still no word or sign of any work being done to recover my account. Some can't find my reference number, others claimed they needed to verify the email. (Which was a waste of time,
    I told him my account was hacked and which email is it verifying the hackers or mine. He replied with I can't tell till u verify the account. SMH!!) Each time it's the same story, we can't contact escalation you just have to be patient.....WTF, it takes
    someone 2 months to figure this out??? Everytime I ask to speak to a supervisor, they don't do anything different, or they plain hang up on the transfer and I have to call again and re-explain the whole situation again . I refrain from yelling or profanity
    when talking to these customer service representatives. Xbox/Microsoft customer service just plain sucks!! No one can help me get this account back, I just have to hope these escalation guys can figure this out in the next year???

12. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    you reply to all the emails

However if you are failing verification then not only that they can't tell you but can't confirm or deny that you got things qrong

Everything must be accurate from the ORIGINAL information on the account

You will only get a phone call if they need to clear things up

ngocphi, Nov 3, 2018
  13. HeadyOrca348642 Win User

The key is to talk with customer support and tell them that your account was hacked and that you need them to do an unauthorized access unable to recover escalation.

1. the support team should fill out a form to send to the escalation team these are some parts of the form.

1. they will have you create a new MS account that does not have a xbox profile/gamertag attached to it.

2. they will ask you for some information off of the console that your profile has been on.

4. ask for information that was on your account previously, Name, DOB, billing zip code

they will then send this form up to the MS escalations team who will look over the information and determine if your account was hacked and that information is correct they will then move ALL of your account information including any licenses for games and
    movies over to the new account that you created at the beginning of the form. This is why it can not have a xbox profile attached to it because they will not be able to move the old account to the new account if there is one.
    So, here it is 2 months later and still no word from Microsoft. I have replied to every request through email, since escalation department has no phone. I have received four different emails asking for different things to
    verify my account. Why did it take four?? Why was all the questions not asked in email number one, asking four different times just slowed the process down.

Chatted each week with a different customer service representative. Still no word or sign of any work being done to recover my account. Some can't find my reference number, others claimed they needed to verify the email. (Which
    was a waste of time, I told him my account was hacked and which email is it verifying the hackers or mine. He replied with I can't tell till u verify the account. SMH!!) Each time it's the same story, we can't contact escalation you just have to be patient.....WTF,
    it takes someone 2 months to figure this out??? Everytime I ask to speak to a supervisor, they don't do anything different, or they plain hang up on the transfer and I have to call again and re-explain the whole situation again . I refrain from yelling or
    profanity when talking to these customer service representatives. Xbox/Microsoft customer service just plain sucks!! No one can help me get this account back, I just have to hope these escalation guys can figure this out in the next year???
  14. steeledwand7664 Win User

The key is to talk with customer support and tell them that your account was hacked and that you need them to do an unauthorized access unable to recover escalation.

15. Shaggy2000 Win User

Just a quick question, did you have the system activated where if something is changed on your account a text message is sent to your phone to verify its you trying to make the changes and not someone else?

It doesn't make it all your fault if you didn't, and Microsoft should still do all they can to get your account back, but in the future you may want to look into that.
  16. ngocphi Win User

Also don't accept it, keep at them and keep on trying to speak to someone higher up.

The problem with most large companies is that get third party companies to deal with customer support, and a lot of times these customer support staff aren't paid the best wages and have to deal with a lot of abuse from customers.

Still no excuse on their part, just letting you know why they may have hung up on you.

So, here it is 2 months later and still no word from Microsoft. I have replied to every request through email, since escalation department has no phone. I have received four different emails asking for different things to verify my account. Why

you reply to all the emails

However if you are failing verification then not only that they can't tell you but can't confirm or deny that you got things qrong

Everything must be accurate from the ORIGINAL information on the account

You will only get a phone call if they need to clear things up
  17. HeadyOrca348642 Win User

Please review what SteeleWand posted...

Customer support can't get your account back, by design. There's a process for this.

It is a pain if you account has been compromised because Microsoft has so much security in place but it doesn't help if the account has been shared out or if you're using a yahoo email address that's been compromised as the sign in for your account.
    quo
Thema:

1. Xbox customer service is absolutely horrible - Similar Threads - customer service absolutely

2. horrible customer service being lied to and [Mod Removed]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    horrible customer service being lied to and [Mod Removed]: claudio s and maria c of customer support continue to lie to me after i was hacked and given a communication ban for the 5th time on this account and more on another i was asking to have it lifted...
  3. Customer Service Issue

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Customer Service Issue: During the sale this week I purchased a number of games one of which was Hitman 2 realising however that I had purchased the wrong version (Standard instead of Gold) I entered a refund request and...
  4. Been scammed and customer service can not help recover

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Been scammed and customer service can not help recover: Been scammed and customer service can not help recover or even suspend account Hello friend i want to share my experience how i been scammed and lost money , but bad part customer support did 0...
  5. Been scammed and customer service can not help recover or even suspend account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Been scammed and customer service can not help recover or even suspend account: Hello friend i want to share my experience how i been scammed and lost money , but bad part customer support did 0 help and i have no way even to pemanently suspend frudlent account . Whole...
  6. Very rude customer service agent, Tekken Tag Tournament 2 for free on Gold, Can't get it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Very rude customer service agent, Tekken Tag Tournament 2 for free on Gold, Can't get it.: I couldn't get Tekken Tag Tournament 2 for free on Gold, cause whenever I was trying to download then I get these rotating dots and never passes by. I tried something like 4 times and since then...
  7. Terrible customer service - Update to Good customer service once you can make a claim

in XBoX on Consoles
    Terrible customer service - Update to Good customer service once you can make a claim: As usual the 3.5mm jack for the headset keeps going out on the xbox [Mod Removed] poor controllers. Even my Elite stopped working at 5 months. Conveniently just past the warranty period. Just...
  8. customer service is absolutely disgusting

in XBoX Games and Apps
    customer service is absolutely disgusting: trying to get issues resolved is near to impossible. having spoke with to reps on the phone and one their supervisors, i was directed to inaccessible websites/ forums and they were NO help...
  9. Microsofts customer service is an absolute joke

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsofts customer service is an absolute joke: Brother gets banned while he's not even home to play, let alone the fact noone was home to play, but yet the logic doesn't go through your customer supports head, about sick of dealing with the...
  10. I have absolutely had it with Microsoft customer service. Broken console AND controller, both ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have absolutely had it with Microsoft customer service. Broken console AND controller, both ...: Congratulations everyone! As I mentioned previously I mailed in my broken controller nearly a month ago at this point, and yay! today I received my replacement! I opened it up, in a box big enough...