Xbox Damaging Disks

Discus and support Xbox Damaging Disks in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I don't know if this is the right place for this but anyway, My Xbox, purchased in December 2013 has been Damaging disks specifically around the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BelievedBlock61, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Xbox Damaging Disks

I don't know if this is the right place for this but anyway,

My Xbox, purchased in December 2013 has been Damaging disks specifically around the centre of the disks. So far this has damaged 2 disks, my copy of Blazblue: continuum shift and my younger brothers copy of Fifa 14. I would like to know what can be done
    to fix this and where I stand with this.

Thanks for your time.

:)

BelievedBlock61, Sep 1, 2014
  2. My Xbox is damaging my disks!

Can you clarify, it doesn't work to install the game, or you can't play it? Is the disc in the drive when you try to play it?

Mister Gwyther, Sep 1, 2014
  3. My Xbox is damaging my disks!

If you can, purchase a cheap CD folder. I always store my game discs in one and touch wood no cracks yet!.

It definitely stops any chance of the nipple in the box cracking the centre of your discs so its worth spending a few quid.

GreyPilgrim-CE541714-D291-410C-84D6-81A93517B4BD, Sep 1, 2014
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Xbox Damaging Disks

A circle scratch such as you describe happens when the console is moved while the game is in the tray and the console is on.

If your console is standing on end please lay it flat and ensure that the console cannot be bumped accidentally when you are playing.

onyxishere, Sep 1, 2014
  5. onyxishere Win User

Xbox Damaging Disks

A circle scratch such as you describe happens when the console is moved while the game is in the tray and the console is on.

If your console is standing on end please lay it flat and ensure that the console cannot be bumped accidentally when you are playing.
  6. medium bloke Win User

Damaged disk

If you have a warranty on it, use it. If not, try to borrow a friends copy of the game, then install it to your hard drive, then use your scratched disc to verify the installed game. The downloaded version will unfortunately have to be purchased separately.
  7. SleeperSyndrome Win User

My mass efect 3 keeps freezing

Ummmm.... damaged disk? Damaged Xbox?

|

I dunno, you're going to have give us a little more to work with.
  8. NathanielLarson Win User

Problems with Borderlands.

If there is absolutely no damage to the disk then I'm not sure what could be wrong. Usually when an xbox is moved violently like that it will scratch the disk or damage it in some way. Maybe the disk was damaged in some other way. If there are any CD or
    DVD shops or anything like that around where you live they will sometimes provide disk repairs. They might be able to tell you what's wrong. there is one near my house that I have gone to to get disks fixed at before but that was for removing scratches not
    whatever is wrong with your disk. But you never know, they may be able to help.
  9. MDG o CROWN o Win User

movies on 360

There can be 3 factors:
    1.- your disk is damaged
    2.- Your disc may not be original
    3.- the laser reader of your xbox may be damaged
Thema:

Xbox Damaging Disks

1. Xbox Damaging Disks - Similar Threads - Damaging Disks

2. Disk is damaged?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disk is damaged?: i have tried severel disks that are 100% clean and i put them in to download but my xbox gets to like 9 or 3% and stops and says disk is damaged and i think i have almost done everything i can but...
  3. Getting 0x80820003 0x75 disk may be dirty or damaged try cleaning it or choose a different one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Getting 0x80820003 0x75 disk may be dirty or damaged try cleaning it or choose a different one: I have Gears of war 1 , 2 and 3 , borderlands 1 and the GOTY edition - they are all getting this error I just purchased the xbox on Thanksgiving ( just received it yesterday) it downloaded the...
  4. Damaged Minecraft for Xbox 360 disk

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Damaged Minecraft for Xbox 360 disk: My Minecraft for Xbox 360 disk has been damaged and now the program will not load. How might I obtain a replacement? 18497b19-6511-45ee-8b53-93b502e8b8e3
  5. Xbox One S says that the disk is dirty or damaged

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S says that the disk is dirty or damaged: I am experiencing the same problem as many other Xbox users have. When I tried to download Fallout 4 from the disk, it downloaded 99% and it said that the disk was dirty or damaged. The disk has a...
  6. Game disk damaged (Solutions) | Mídia física danificada (Soluções)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game disk damaged (Solutions) | Mídia física danificada (Soluções): Hello guys, Last month I had 2 games (physical disks) - "Minecraft" and "GTA V" - scratched by accident, resulting in total loss of the games. I'd like to know if there is any solution to...
  7. Xbox One Strange Noise and Damage to Disk/Unable to Read Disk

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Strange Noise and Damage to Disk/Unable to Read Disk: I got my console in December of 2013 and It worked great up until January 2015 when the disks started making a weird grinding like noise. It would happen once the disk was entered and the drive...
  8. Your disk may be dirty or damaged error?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Your disk may be dirty or damaged error?: It seems like im the only one that keeps getting this error. It happens occasionally for me and as soon as it happens I take it out and put it back in and it works fine. I take pretty good care of...
  9. Does the Xbox One game installation help protect against disk damage?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the Xbox One game installation help protect against disk damage?: Hi, Last night glanced at my Battlefield 4 disk and was horrified to see a round mark on it about 2mm diameter. This was not dirt as as I could not remove it with a soft cloth. Does anyone know...
  10. your disk may be damaged

in XBoX on Consoles
    your disk may be damaged: so i am getting "your disk may be dirty or damaged. try cleaning it, or choose a different disk.(0x18)" on my cod ghost disk. now i wont lie and say its perfect it has a small scratch nothing...