Xbox Desktop App Doesn't Allow Me To Install Anything

Discus and support Xbox Desktop App Doesn't Allow Me To Install Anything in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; [img] [img] It doesn't let me download anything. Have anyone got any ideas? Also the install button on ark and the halo games doesnt appear, just a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by LucasLancaster, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Xbox Desktop App Doesn't Allow Me To Install Anything

Xbox Desktop App Doesn't Allow Me To Install Anything [​IMG]

Xbox Desktop App Doesn't Allow Me To Install Anything [​IMG]

It doesn't let me download anything. Have anyone got any ideas? Also the install button on ark and the halo games doesnt appear, just a black box appears.

:)

LucasLancaster, Jan 22, 2021
  2. StuderCollins Win User

Xbox app not allowing me to install anything...

I’m in the middle of it, so I’ll let you know... Hope to finish up this evening.
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi StuderCollins,

So did the reformat help or did it cause more issues? Can you further clarify your comment and if you still cannot install anything?

I would check this setting first as it has been know to cause issues opening the Gaming Services app which is important when trying to install games through the Xbox Game Pass for PC:

• Open the Settings app (the gear in the start menu)
    • Open Accounts
    • Click Sign-in Options
    • Scroll down to Privacy
    • Uncheck "Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device and reopen my apps after an update and restart."
    • Restart your device

We hope to hear back from you!
  4. M3tal Daz3 Win User

There was a service alert about this issue a few hours ago that was addressed by support. If you still have issues report them through the xbox app.
  5. StuderCollins Win User

Thanks for the update! I went ahead and did a reformat as it seemed to cause some deeper issues unfortunately.
  6. Tom.Servaux Win User

Game pass for PC save location

I just signed up for the Xbox Game Pass for PC. I downloaded Cross Code to my desktop but I also want to play on my laptop. I installed the Game Pass app on both and played for several hours on my desktop. When in installed both again on my laptop the save
    for me desktop is not there. Does Game Pass for PC support Cloud saves yet?

Thanks,

Chris
Thema:

Xbox Desktop App Doesn't Allow Me To Install Anything

1. Xbox Desktop App Doesn't Allow Me To Install Anything - Similar Threads - Desktop App Doesn't

2. How to view captures and friend feed in desktop app?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to view captures and friend feed in desktop app?: I can't find where to access my uploaded XBL captures anywhere on the desktop Xbox App (Windows 10), nor can I find my friend feed/activity feed anywhere on the desktop app (or the mobile app for...
  3. How to connect Xbox account to EA Desktop App?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to connect Xbox account to EA Desktop App?: I am a Xbox game pass ultimate subscriber and I want to use EA play on PC. How do I access EA play on PC? I have installed the EA Desktop App. How do I login with my Xbox account to access the EA...
  4. Xbox Ultimate Pass - EA Pass on PC - EA Desktop App with EA Pass from Xbox Ultimate Pass.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Ultimate Pass - EA Pass on PC - EA Desktop App with EA Pass from Xbox Ultimate Pass.: Alright, this is confusing I know, but I have XBOX Ultimate pass. I can play EA Pass on my Xbox, but I can't play it on PC... According to this Xbox link:...
  5. Xbox Desktop App can't switch profile

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Desktop App can't switch profile: I got a new system and logged into the desktop app using an email address for an xbox account I don't use. I have tried to sign out to log into the account I do use, but every time I click "Sign...
  6. Stuck Installing The Xbox Desktop App

in XBoX on Windows
    Stuck Installing The Xbox Desktop App: Right now I am currently experiencing a problem on my PC where I cannot install the Xbox desktop app, the installer will boot up just fine, and so will the pop up for the Terms and Services, but...
  7. New Xbox Console App on Desktop wont let me use most of it's functions?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    New Xbox Console App on Desktop wont let me use most of it's functions?: So I used to use the Xbox Console Companion to talk with some of my Xbox friends in a party, but it told me that it was being replaced by a new app. I downloaded this new app, and found out that...
  8. Xbox Desktop app no results found

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Desktop app no results found: Ive just installed the Xbox desktop app for my PC to play sea of thieves. but whenever i look for a game, or click on "show all games" I am faced with the same error of "NO RESULTS FOUND" Any...
  9. An Idea For Sharing to Twitter via Desktop Companion App

in XboX Insiders
    An Idea For Sharing to Twitter via Desktop Companion App: Recently made a post on Twitter about how the companion app via desktop could be better, but then was advised to post it to this subreddit, here's the link if you want to see it. The bare bones...
  10. XBox Desktop App Error 0x80073cfc When Installing Games

in XBoX on Windows
    XBox Desktop App Error 0x80073cfc When Installing Games: While attempting to pre-install The Outer Wilds, the XBox app crashed. Upon re-opening the app I am now unable to start the installation for The Outer Wilds, or any other game on the platform, as...