Xbox digital download not available anymore

Discus and support Xbox digital download not available anymore in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Back in 2011 I downloaded a game that seems to have been removed due to a license expiring. I have been told that as long as you have purchased it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by zaawwmbie, Mar 26, 2020.

1. zaawwmbie
    zaawwmbie Guest

Back in 2011 I downloaded a game that seems to have been removed due to a license expiring. I have been told that as long as you have purchased it before it will still show up for me in my games and apps. Now even though its an xbox 360 game it should be
    available to me on the one. I looked for support on this but can't seem to find any information that helps. Just wondering if I should continue trying to figure it out or let it go.

Does anyone know of a way I can re-download my own game I bought?

:)

zaawwmbie, Mar 26, 2020
  2. zaawwmbie Win User

Thank you for you the reply, so there still is a way. I have my Xbox 360's so I could back it up myself. Really appreciate the help.
  3. SamuelGuyader Win User

yes there is a solution when you go to account and download history the game appears if yes try to download it from the
  4. rtb1294 Win User

This usually happens when there is a licensing issue and they are legally required to destroy the game, this happened with Too Human, the game was ordered destroyed for copyright issues, so even if you purchased it you were supposed to destroy it.
  5. Onyx Is Here Win User

Sorry to hear it. Please let us know the game so we can help. If it was removed from the marketplace though there may be no way to recover the game.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

This usually happens when there is a licensing issue and they are legally required to destroy the game, this happened with Too Human, the game was ordered destroyed for copyright issues, so even if you purchased it you were supposed to destroy it.
    What??

You don't have to physically destroy a game, whether it be on a disc or as a download. When a game gets removed, it's removed for sale, it doesn't make it illegal to play. Plus you can still purchase a copy of the game, be it a sealed copy or second hand.
    Remove of a game because of licensing has zero impact on the disc versions of the game.

As for games being totally removed, this is as I understand it very, very rare.
Thema:

1. Xbox digital download not available anymore - Similar Threads - digital download available

2. Call of Duty Modern Warfare Standard Edition Digital Download Missing Content?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call of Duty Modern Warfare Standard Edition Digital Download Missing Content?: Hi, Xbox forums! I'm wondering if you can help me today with an issue regarding missing content "packs" disabling me to play the game. Having entered the code I had purchased (UK code for the...
  3. How long will xbox one digital games available for download?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How long will xbox one digital games available for download?: How long will xbox one digital games be available for download? For example, in 2035 will xbox one no longer be supported and the digital games will not be available for download? Wii games are no...
  4. Call of Duty Black Ops 3 Digital Downloads No Longer Available

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Call of Duty Black Ops 3 Digital Downloads No Longer Available: Hi, I've been trying to purchase the game from the marketplace, but I couldn't get it, as it was showing up as "Bundle Only." I've even tried checking other webs and it seems like only physical...
  5. When Will Dakar 18 be available for pre-order (Digital Download)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When Will Dakar 18 be available for pre-order (Digital Download): Hey everyone, Any idea when this game will be available for pre-order? Just do not want to have a disc version and also do not want to miss out on the Ari Vatanen pre-order bonus. I asked the...
  6. Does anyone know why there's not a digital download available of Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know why there's not a digital download available of Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect ...: Does anyone know why there's not a digital download available of Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3? ae0be46a-4052-48bb-943b-d3425b98727c
  7. Titanfall digital download not available

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Titanfall digital download not available: I purchased the xbox one titanfall edition. I downloaded the game and played it for awhile, even purchased a couple of the dlc maps. I needed space to play some more games, so I deleted...
  8. Would my digital downloaded games for 360 be available on the 1?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Would my digital downloaded games for 360 be available on the 1?: Would my digital downloaded games for 360 be available on the 1? 9eb9f5a5-93ae-4534-bb6f-d7878c87d2d7
  9. Diablo III: Reaper of Souls, UUE Digital Download Available @ Midnight?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Diablo III: Reaper of Souls, UUE Digital Download Available @ Midnight?: Hello, I was wondering when the store will update and allow us to download Diablo III: RoS,UUT? The game is due to be released on the 19th and obviously at midnight we hit release day. I'm from...
  10. Destiny digital download available?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Destiny digital download available?: Apologies if this has been asked before. Will Destiny be available as a digital download? i can only find a link to pre-ordering the disk version in the XB Marketplace......