xbox & direct tv not communicating

Discus and support xbox & direct tv not communicating in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; xbox & direct tv not communicating Why does the xbox no longer recognize the direct tv HDMI cable connection? Until Thursday, July 22, the HDMI cabel... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by DGilman1, Jul 28, 2020.

1. DGilman1
    DGilman1 Guest

Why does the xbox no longer recognize the direct tv HDMI cable connection? Until Thursday, July 22, the HDMI cabel was connected from the DirecTV box to the XBOX and the tv & cable worked. The xbox message suddenly began stating the xbox connection to
    the tv was lost. So now, in order to watch TV, the HDMI cable has to be plugged directly from the DirecTV to the TV. This eliminates access to the exbox and our cable options such as Netflix, Hulu, etc. ****??? What causes this issue?

:)

DGilman1, Jul 28, 2020
  2. mpatt Win User

Direct TV and TV errors

Energy saver mode, low power setting? Kinda defeates the purpose of voice on.

Thanks for all the help, anyway
  3. mpatt Win User

Direct TV and TV errors

No that's pretty much correct, the Xbox one doesn't always turn my TV on or off. I know that there's also a DirecTV issue but you guys are addressing that. For my TV, when I turn it off at night with a verbal command, occasionally Xbox will turn the TV
    off. I'll have to turn the TV off manually on the set or via remote. Actually the bigger issue is the TV not coming on with the verbal Xbox on command. And it's really more than that, it appears that the Xbox gets my TV stuck and I can't turn the TV on
    manually, on the set or via remote, when the Xbox is on. the past few days I have discovered that if I turn the Xbox on and it doesn't turn the TV on I have to turn the Xbox off and then turn the TV on manually followed by the voice on command for the Xbox.
    And occasionally, after performing those steps, the Xbox will come on and then automatically turn the TV off and I'll have to start all over again. To me, and I'm certainly not tech savvy, its almost like the Xbox gets stuck sending the signal to my TV or
    locks up the signal somehow. Powering down doesn't always fix these issues. I have re-linked the remote several times now in hopes of solving the issue but it hasn't.

Thanks for your help I appreciate it
  4. mpatt Win User

Direct TV and TV errors

So the results from the above testing are virtually the same as before. The Xbox turns the TV off now very quickly after that slight kinect repositioning but still fails to turn it on. I have to turn the Xbox off wait about 30 seconds then I can turn my
    TV on manually and restart Xbox. This still happens even after green screen power down.

Any other thoughts or suggestions?
  5. BusGod Win User

Direct TV and TV errors

Hi Briar-

Does your Kinect have a clear unobstructed view to you TV?

Check out this link:
    support.xbox.com/.../positioning-kinect-sensor

Also have you tried a complete power cycle with the green splash screen? With the console on, press and hold the power button on the console for 5-8 seconds until it shuts off. Unplug the power supply, wait about 30 seconds and then plug it in and reboot.
    You should see the green splash screen upon reboot. It may take a minute to boot all the way to the home screen.

Let us know how you make out .
  6. Iautorenewedu Win User

Direct TV and TV errors

briarflop, I have a few questions for you as I am not sure if there is an underlying issue. The issue that you are bringing up here is that 90% of the time the Xbox does not turn the TV on or off; correct?
Thema:

1. xbox & direct tv not communicating - Similar Threads - direct communicating

2. Connecting directly to ONU

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connecting directly to ONU: Hey, I wanted to know how to connect my Xbox directly to my ONU device where my fiber optic is connected to. In my computer i need to do it with Dial up using my username and password but there...
  3. My X-BOX is not working it fluctiuates otherwise directs to store .Where store is also...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My X-BOX is not working it fluctiuates otherwise directs to store .Where store is also...: MY STORE AND X-BOX IS NOT WORKING PLEASE HELP ME OUT OF THIS b80ff0f5-b479-4a91-bda7-dea9f95f2675
  4. Cyberpunk 2077 digital direct not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cyberpunk 2077 digital direct not working: I got the cyberpunk 2077 xbox one x bundle and having issues trying to get the game. i've seen other people having the same issues. This sucks real hard, i feel like i been ripped off here. any...
  5. Streaming Call of Duty - Warzone - on Twitch direct from Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Streaming Call of Duty - Warzone - on Twitch direct from Xbox One: Hello, I have been streaming direct from my Xbox, playing Warzone with a friend who plays on PC. I noticed that the Party chat is not heard in the stream so it appears as though I'm talking to...
  6. Directly ID Verification

in XBoX on Consoles
    Directly ID Verification: If you want to become a Microsoft Xbox expect, then you need to apply through Directly. They will ask you simple questions like your top five skills, your time zone, the time you want to answer...
  7. Direct Connect Webcam Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Direct Connect Webcam Issues: Hey there! I'm having some issues with my fosman LED USB webcam which has always worked up until now. Since mixer shut down, I've been working with Lightstream a lot and they've been invaluable...
  8. Unable to Broadcast on Mixer direct from my Xbox One X

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to Broadcast on Mixer direct from my Xbox One X: Hi, I'm in the Beta ring of the insider program, and for whatever reason I am unable to broadcast to Mixer. I have not had any problems before, it's just when I went to go live tonight. Any...
  9. Allow customers to actually communicate directly with the refund department.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Allow customers to actually communicate directly with the refund department.: Hiding behind policies and automated emails isn't right. Allow customers the ability to properly communicate with a refund department. No, no one actually ever responds to a reply on the form. AS...
  10. Allow customers to actually communicate directly with the refund department.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Allow customers to actually communicate directly with the refund department.: Hiding behind policies and automated emails isn't right. Allow customers the ability to properly communicate with a refund department. No, no one actually ever responds to a reply on the form....