Xbox doesn't record clips

Discus and support Xbox doesn't record clips in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; i have connected a usb 3.1 to my xbox to save clips on it so that i can edit them, it used to record clips fully (as in when i press record what... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by PotatoGamer, Sep 14, 2020.

1. PotatoGamer
    PotatoGamer Guest

i have connected a usb 3.1 to my xbox to save clips on it so that i can edit them, it used to record clips fully (as in when i press record what happened it used to record 2 minutes of gameplay) but now, it only records 12-15 seconds, please tell me how
    to fix it. :/

:)

PotatoGamer, Sep 14, 2020
  2. SoCalGamr Win User

"XBOX record that" only recording 1 second clips??

On Battlefield 4, "Xbox, Record That" isn't working, doesn't record anything, even though I get the notification that it does. And game dvr is only recording 1 second clips. Hope this gets fixed ASAP.
  3. sionetix Win User

Take a screenshot does not work on Xbox fitness

You can also not record clips of Xbox Fitness as people pointed out in another thread. In that case it came down to Xbox Fitness being classified as an app which doesn't allow clips to be recorded.

In reality, I think they want to prevent people sharing being naked in front of kinect ;)
  4. sammy1z1z Win User

Unable to Save Clips [Upload App]

Whenever i Troy and save a clip, it shows that I said to record the clip, but it doesn't. When I go to Upload to view my clips, they don't load. (I had previous clips)
  5. MetalGearFloppy Win User

Xbox 360 emulation planned for Xbox One, claims Microsoft executive

@Cloud... No, "Record that" doesn't work on the HDMI in channel... I suppose so you can't record and upload movie/tv clips... Shame it doesn't recognise it's a 360 connected and allow it though.
  6. SigmaTheDJ Win User

Can we get a higher GameDVR bitrate please?

tohellnbak is wrong. The clips are recorded to the hard drive. To be recorded to the cloud directly, your gameplay would have to be constantly streamed to Xbox Live, which would use up nearly 2GB of bandwidth per hour. It doesn't work like that.

The hard drive is constantly recording your gameplay, then if you use "Xbox record that" to record a clip, it's added to your list of clips in Upload and then it gets uploaded to Xbox Live, which is why you can see it on Xbox.com and SmartGlass.

To me, it seems like it's been designed with mobile in mind, cos the clips really don't look great on a big screen because of the low bit rate. 720p is fine, but if they could up the bit rate some more it would definitely be an improvement!
Thema:

1. Xbox doesn't record clips - Similar Threads - doesn't record clips

2. Xbox game bar doesn't work "We can't record right now. Try again later."

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar doesn't work "We can't record right now. Try again later.": Hi. The app I'm trying to record is World of Warships (the normal version not the microsoft store version) and I've tried recording in full screen, full screen windowed, windowed, and maximized...
  3. Xbox doesn't record certain games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox doesn't record certain games.: My Xbox has been recording and clipping every game besides one.. I can take screenshots but when I try recording it just says recording started and doesn't give me an option to end it just says...
  4. Windows Game Bar Starts Muted and doesn't Record; by default, it is always muted unless I...

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Game Bar Starts Muted and doesn't Record; by default, it is always muted unless I...: Many times I forget to unmute at start-up of recording; the result is that I have to squander my recording. For more details check out this thread on Reddit -...
  5. The Xbox Game Bar recorder doesn't work, which triggers the overlay to close immediately...

in XBoX on Windows
    The Xbox Game Bar recorder doesn't work, which triggers the overlay to close immediately...: After updating my Intel graphics driver via the manufacturer site, I noticed that something had changed with the Xbox Game bar application, failing to capture (without any error notification)...
  6. Xbox One X captures doesn't record mic

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X captures doesn't record mic: Hello, I have an issue when I want to record some of my gameplays. I do not get the sound of the audio chat. Not mine or anyone in the chat party (CoD warzone is the game) It worked until one...
  7. Xbox "Start Recording" doesn't work properly

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox "Start Recording" doesn't work properly: Hello, The function "Start Recording" that is suppose to be recording for full hour does not work what so ever. I have change the storage many times, format it property, and it shows that the...
  8. Windows Game Bar Starts Muted and Doesn't Record All Computer Sounds

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Game Bar Starts Muted and Doesn't Record All Computer Sounds: Hi there, Some game bar settings are being ignored and I'm not sure where to start. Firstly, my microphone is set to "turn on by default when I record" but ever time I start recording, my mic is...
  9. Sorry, This PC doesn't meet the hardware requirements for recording clips.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sorry, This PC doesn't meet the hardware requirements for recording clips.: I meet the minimum requirements, but still receive the message in the Subject Line. Everything is up to date. I have rebooted. Uninstalled the xbox one app, reinstalled. Still no worky. ASUS R7...
  10. "This PC can't record clips" because the PC doesn't meet hardware ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "This PC can't record clips" because the PC doesn't meet hardware ...: Trying to setup the DVR game recording function in the Xbox app on Windows 10 64 pro. Some areas are grayed out with the message "this PC can't record clips(or audio, etc.) When I click on the...