Xbox Dolby Atmos height channel extending

Discus and support Xbox Dolby Atmos height channel extending in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; [IMG] submitted by /u/Hotbannana [link] [comments] Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Hotbannana, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Xbox Dolby Atmos height channel extending

/u/Hotbannana, Feb 9, 2020
  2. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox one s not using atmos speakers in games

I also re-installed the dolby acces app. Demo content in the app itself plays sound from my height speakers and the rest of my speakers. I only get this problem when playing games, where only the height speakers are not playing any sound at all.
    It seems that the console and your audio system is properly configured for Dolby Atmos, since the Atmos Demo works.

Also try to download the free "Insects" demo from Microsoft, which allows you to switch between Dolby Atmos and "regular" surround sound.

Check if Atmos works in that demo, as the Atmos Demos in the app are usually videos with a fixed, pre-rendered audio track.

Also, which games are you trying exactly? Do the games really support Dolby Atmos themselves? Because the Xbox One S will not "upscale" regular surround sound from non-Atmos games to have height information.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

dolby atmos not working in games and netflix

Atmos is mostly a rebranding of Dolby digital when it comes to game consoles. Unless you have an actual Atmos setup, with height channels and such (NOT A SOuNDBAR), it doesnt make a difference.

PCM is simoly uncompressed, or decompressed audio

There is some kind of bug that deregisters the codec on the system level, verify the game supports it, and Then rerun the setup app
  4. Krudster Win User

Dolby Atmos App - When will it be updated

This is Xbox One specific, and relates to how Dolby Atmos capabilities via Home Cinema amps. They have been compromised by the fact that the Dolby Atmos app version has not kept up with the firmware of numerous current amps from multiple brands.

Since August, it changed from outputting Atmos signals as "Atmos" to to generic "multi Ch in".

Like many others, I mailed Denon, and it is an issue relating to the MAT container embedded in the Dolby Atmos app. We collectively need a definitive answer on when Microsoft and/or Dolby intends to upgrade to 1.6?

The full quite of the Denon explanation is below:

"Dolby Atmos version is changed from “Dolby Harmony 1.3” to “Dolby Home Audio 1.6” via U21 Update. The Dolby Home Audio 1.6 includes the “Dolby MAT signaling” feature that detecting the channel based PCM signal contained into the Dolby MAT Container.
    And, major player which contains the PCM signal into Dolby MAT container is only XBOX One S and XBOX One X, currently. With new Dolby Atmos version 1.6, specific processing of source (XBOX) is needed. This is now the problem: Xbox did not implement this processing
    yet:"
  5. ArminatorX Win User

How do i connect my xbox one s to my tv to still get 4k picture but at the same time connect it to my soundbar to get dolby atmos sound

It seems that your TV supports Audio Return Channel (ARC). However, on the TV's specification page I don't see if it supports Dolby Atmos through ARC.

If your TV is capable to send Dolby Atmos via ARC, you'd connect your Xbox to a 4K capable HDMI port OTHER than the HDMI ARC port on your TV.

You will then get 4K resolution on the TV screen, and the TV would "forward" audio via the Audio Return Channel to the sound bar. If supported, this will then be Dolby Atmos.

It seems that the Soundbar doesn't support 4K pass through. So either you would need a new TV that supports Dolby Atmos via ARC, or a new soundbar or AV receiver that supports 4K video.
  6. napalm 31337 Win User

Dolby Atmos on Xbox One X = issue !

Hi RomiDumitru,

*maybe* this "problem" is exactly how the Dolby Atmos App on Xbox One X works.

Dolby Atmos native content? perfect! Dolby Atmos playback.

No Dolby Atmos? the App upmix current audio track to Dolby Atmos (the headphones features works in this way).

I don't know if is intentional.
Thema:

Xbox Dolby Atmos height channel extending

1. Xbox Dolby Atmos height channel extending - Similar Threads - Dolby Atmos height

2. Dolby Atmos on XBOX ONE X connected to DENON X3600H

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos on XBOX ONE X connected to DENON X3600H: -I’m not getting Dolby Atmos on games that has Atmos tracks AND the Dolby Atmos software on my XBOX ONE X...but 4K blu-ray disks with Atmos track plays in Atmos with no problems on my XBOX ONE X....
  3. How to get Dolby Atmos to play from all 11.1 speakers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to get Dolby Atmos to play from all 11.1 speakers?: I have an Xbox One S, Denon 4400 receiver with 11.1 speakers. The Xbox is connected to the receiver via HDMI 2.0 cable. The Xbox plays Blurays encoded with Atmos just fine. However, any other...
  4. Dolby atmos up to ten devices???

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby atmos up to ten devices???: Hi!!!! I have a quick question, the situation is that me and my nephew have our consoles linked and we both have different accounts that way we share memberships and games...my question is if it...
  5. Dolby Atmos not working Xbox one X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos not working Xbox one X: Hey folks I've recently bought a 5.1.2 surrond system with a Denon avrx2600h receiver. All set for Atmos gaming and films with my One X i thought except it just wont work! The receiver is...
  6. Dolby Atmos for Headphones Code Redeemed with New Product

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Dolby Atmos for Headphones Code Redeemed with New Product: Hi there, I have received a brand new Plantonics 800HD headset. In the box along with the headset you get a redeem voucher for the dobly atmos software (which is great). However, upon attempting...
  7. Omg fix Dolby atmos issue please

in XboX Insiders
    Omg fix Dolby atmos issue please: Atoms resets ever time I reboot xb1 submitted by /u/JoE_TWEAKN_MANE [link] [comments]
  8. Xbox One, Dolby Atmos - 3 months since it worked correctly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One, Dolby Atmos - 3 months since it worked correctly: It has been so long since Dolby Atmos worked correctly. When is the update to correct the problem coming? Seems weird that it is taking so long to fix. Isn't there any new information of what...
  9. No dolby atmos when streaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    No dolby atmos when streaming: I have been using a denon x2600h with my xbox one x and can only get atmos when using a blu ray disc. Whenever I try to stream atmos it is displayed as multi channel PCM. I believe this is down to...
  10. No dolby atmos when streaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    No dolby atmos when streaming: I have been using a denon x2600h with my xbox one x and can only get atmos when using a blu ray disc. Whenever I try to stream atmos it is displayed as multi channel PCM. I believe this is down to...