Xbox download speed EXTRA slow

Discus and support Xbox download speed EXTRA slow in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm trying to download the new Call of Duty update, but I'm getting a steady 500 Kbps. I regularly have insanely fast internet speeds, and still... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MatthewSennott, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Xbox download speed EXTRA slow

I'm trying to download the new Call of Duty update, but I'm getting a steady 500 Kbps. I regularly have insanely fast internet speeds, and still should, as my download speed is 230 Mbps. I use automatic DNS or MAC settings. I also use windows game bar
    on my surface as well, and apparently you're limited to whatever speed the PC is getting but I have the same download speed on it (230 Mbps). I feel like anything would download quick if i put it in que because that has been in my past experiences. I feel
    like this only happens for CoD and never look forward to their updates.

:)

MatthewSennott, Jul 1, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. JesseBaker13 Win User

I have similar issue when updating. Some of the time I have to shut down and restart my xbox and it kicks back to the speed it should download at properly with my internet speed. However, if possible I'd plug it in with an ethernet cord if you are close
    to your router.
  3. Outcaastt Win User

Hey Matt, i understand that, this can very frusterating! You could possibly be downloading too many things at once, or there could possibly be too many people using the internet in your house! You could also check with your internet provider on on your
    internet speed!
  4. Centuri0n Cato Win User

Hi

For big updates, I highly recommend using a wired connection and also contacting your internet provider.

Goid luck!
  5. Deuce 77 Win User

I used to have this problem. But opening the correct ports on my routers settings fixed this for me.
  6. Tech117ad Win User

I would try wired as well - it will at least give no the next step in the diagnosis. Also check if you are on wifi if you are connecting via 2.4 or 5Ghz.

Cheers,
Thema:

1. Xbox download speed EXTRA slow - Similar Threads - download speed EXTRA

2. Horrible download speeds for updates

in XBoX on Consoles
    Horrible download speeds for updates: I have 1gb FIOS connection, I'm hardwired to my router, and xbox speed test consistently shoes 700-800mbps. My download speed for uodates isnt even getting 1mbps!!!!! Whats going on here?! I tried...
  3. Slow download speeds on specific fast connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow download speeds on specific fast connection: Hi, I'm downloading a game update at around 1mbps but when I check my connection speed in the settings it is 40mbps. When I first got the Xbox it would download at 40mbps. Even more confusing,...
  4. How can I limit download speed on the XB1?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I limit download speed on the XB1?: How can I set a download speed limit on the XB1? When there's a download running it ties up my entire bandwidth. I'm left with the choice of no downloading or having everything else choked down to...
  5. Game Update / Slow Download Speeds

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Update / Slow Download Speeds: Why is it that when I go to update a game patch, i am getting 300kpbs download speed? I am on ATT fiber getting 800mpbs download speeds and 300mpbs upload speeds. I am wired through LAN on the...
  6. Xbox slow download speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox slow download speeds: Recently my xbox has been having slow download speeds of 5 mb/s to 100 kb/s however when i test network speed and statistics my download speed is always 70+ mb/s and ive tried restarting xbox and...
  7. Download speed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Download speed: Im currently running off my xbox one x. I have download speeds up to 150 mbps and when i run the speed and statistics test its right in that range. But im trying to install an update and its only...
  8. Xbox One Download Speed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Download Speed: Hi! So I'm curious about an issue I'm having. Whenever I run a speed test on my xbox with the built in connection thing, it says 520mbps download, but I download anywhere from 2mbps to 200mbps. I...
  9. Google fiber xbox one x slow download speeds

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Google fiber xbox one x slow download speeds: Google fiber xbox one x slow download speeds This sounds like an issue with the setup used to connect. Are you connecting the Xbox via WiFi? If so, make sure your Router supports 5G wifi and you...
  10. Why does streaming from my Xbox One X to my Windows 10 PC kill download speeds on the Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does streaming from my Xbox One X to my Windows 10 PC kill download speeds on the Xbox?: I noticed something strange today. Background: Gigabit Internet from Xfinity Motorola MB8600 cable modem Google Wifi I currently get about 400 Mbps sustained download speeds on speed tests...