Xbox download speed is incredibly slow and fluctuating like crazy

Discus and support Xbox download speed is incredibly slow and fluctuating like crazy in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; ive ran multiple speed tests on different websites and even did the speed test in the network settings on the xbox and all of them said my download... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DaltonConrad, Feb 12, 2020.

1. DaltonConrad
    DaltonConrad Guest

ive ran multiple speed tests on different websites and even did the speed test in the network settings on the xbox and all of them said my download speed was well over 100 mb/s but my current update is downloading at 1 mb/s .... it will go from that
    to 400 mb/s and then stay steady between 40-60 mb for a minute and then back down to 1 mb for probably 20 minutes this is incredibly frustrating and never has happened to me before ive always been able to download even the largest stuff very fast and now an
    easy 50 gb download has taken me over 5 hours

:)

DaltonConrad, Feb 12, 2020
  2. PARZIVAL XB1X Win User

I have noticed this as well but inly seems to be dead early morning for me between 1am and 6am. Soon as 7 hits im back

to normal speed might be your provider doing stuff to the network.
  3. Mikeysoonerfan Win User

Really it depends on the time of day for me. Traffic on servers can really hamper downloads. There is only so much bandwidth for a server and if they are congested it can cause some issues while downloading as the server is trying to spread its bandwidth
    across to all the users.
  4. Sitchenn Win User

Unfortunately I don't have an answer for this, but I've noticed my fluctuating speeds as well. Currently, installs are crawling at 500 kbps. Xbox Live Status shows nothing wrong either, but something doesn't seem right:

Xbox Live Status
  5. HarleyGirlQuinn Win User

ive ran multiple speed tests on different websites and even did the speed test in the network settings on the xbox and all of them said my download speed was well over 100 mb/s but my current update is downloading at 1 mb/s 😑.... it will go from
    that to 400 mb/s and then stay steady between 40-60 mb for a minute and then back down to 1 mb for probably 20 minutes this is incredibly frustrating and never has happened to me before ive always been able to download even the largest stuff very fast and
    now an easy 50 gb download has taken me over 5 hours
    I have a 'hit or miss' download speed. Sometimes it depends on your personal carrier; sometimes it is XBOX servers. I download updates in about an hour or more at best during the beginning of my month and at night. This does not even matter if I am going
    at 25 MBpS because it is at the beginning ofmy month. For me it personally depends if I have used all 100 gigs of Data and good signal.
  6. fuzznut71 Win User

My download speed fluxuates from 50 mbs down to 500kbs I have been told it is my internet provider and other online activity occurring in the house.
Thema:

1. Xbox download speed is incredibly slow and fluctuating like crazy - Similar Threads - download speed incredibly

2. Game Pass download speed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Pass download speed: Hi everyone! I have really low download speed when I download certain game while have 65mbps + with other games. Anyone having this problem as well? This morning I am trying to download Monster...
  3. Game pass for PC download speed 1 game per month?

in XBoX on Windows
    Game pass for PC download speed 1 game per month?: Signed up for game pass for PC, started to try and download a game, download speed is in kb/s.....are you kidding me? Yes I have fast internet download speed. Is this how they limit the number of...
  4. looking for help on an xbox download speed issue

in XboX Insiders
    looking for help on an xbox download speed issue: is anyone else having a download speed issue. mine started last week and at first i thought it was my provider or equipment but after getting that sorted out my Xbox one x is still having a...
  5. 0.00 Download speed.

in XBoX on Consoles
    0.00 Download speed.: Hi my Xbox one is the first Generation of the Xbox one line. So about 5-6 years old. I have had no problem with it intell now. I live in a very rule town and internet is not its best. I have...
  6. Xbox downloads speed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox downloads speed: So every time i have a update my downloads speed have been so incosistent ill get like 100mbps to 50 and drop to 1 mbps i pay for 300 mbs ive done everything to fix it. I restarted my router and...
  7. Unstable downloading speed when downloading updates for games?

in XboX Insiders
    Unstable downloading speed when downloading updates for games?: I normally get 200mb plus, and really stable, but today its jumping from 170mb to 4! I've checked speeds through xbox and external, it's getting 220, but this download is taking forever its...
  8. Incredibly slow download speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Incredibly slow download speeds: Hi All, Whenever I try to download an update, or a digital download for a game, the download speeds are incredibly slow, yet my other devices are fine. It even says that i should be getting...
  9. Incredibly poor download speeds.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Incredibly poor download speeds.: Since at least Thursday (3 September) I have been getting unbelievably slow download speeds. Internet speed tests using various test sites (including that built into the XBoxOne) report I am...
  10. INCREDIBLY slow download speeds only on Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    INCREDIBLY slow download speeds only on Xbox One: I have high speed internet (Optimum) and I have download speed of about 9MB a second. I can download things at a reasonable speed on 360, my laptop, and even my PS4. But I get download speeds on...