XBOX dpad problem

Discus and support XBOX dpad problem in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Have day one edition and am signed up to the preview program. Console and controller all updated. For some reason the cursor option on the dashboard... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by perryhogan-4129071B-AE87-4896-9685-78EE6542900D, Aug 14, 2014.

1. XBOX dpad problem

Have day one edition and am signed up to the preview program. Console and controller all updated. For some reason the cursor option on the dashboard scrolls up and wont stop till I either press the d-pad or touch the analogue stick. Whilst in menu on COD
    same thing scrolling up. In game it constantly kept edging me forward and whenever I aimed down the sights it went back to hip fire. Any ideas?

:)

perryhogan-4129071B-AE87-4896-9685-78EE6542900D, Aug 14, 2014
  2. the day one edition controller's d-pad is making springy noises

Yes same problem for me. Coming from the dpad

smartguysports, Aug 14, 2014
  3. d0pe FResH
    d0pe FResH Guest
    Defective D-pad on transforming controller

i also am having this problem. i purchased the controller with a transforming dpad to play street fighter 4. after a month the dpad broke off, i took it back to walmart and they replaced it with another. after another month the same exact thing happend.
    does anyone know if a more durable dpad is being sold somewhere.

d0pe FResH, Aug 14, 2014
  4. DA Crazy Kid 15 Win User

DPad Problems

Do I have to send my Whole console just to get the Replacement Controller? How does that work?
  5. MaximumExtreme Win User

DPad Problems

How long ago did you buy it? If you still have the receipt I would take it back to the store and exchange it. Make sure you register your console on xbox.com also. If you can't exchange it you can send it back to Microsoft by submitting a repair.
  6. smartguysports Win User

the day one edition controller's d-pad is making springy noises

Yes same problem for me. Coming from the dpad
  7. MindfulAmoeba95 Win User

Xbox keeps scrolling down

I tried this also, but in that menu it still tries to scroll down even if it only takes input from the dpad...

I've noticed something weird today if I hold up from the dpad I can use the joystick to move around with no problem, as soon as I release the dpad it starts scrolling down again.
  8. d0pe FResH Win User

Defective D-pad on transforming controller

i also am having this problem. i purchased the controller with a transforming dpad to play street fighter 4. after a month the dpad broke off, i took it back to walmart and they replaced it with another. after another month the same exact thing happend.
    does anyone know if a more durable dpad is being sold somewhere.
Thema:

XBOX dpad problem

1. XBOX dpad problem - Similar Threads - dpad problem

2. Use dpad for madden 17 instead of joy stick

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Use dpad for madden 17 instead of joy stick: Xbox one I want to use the dpad instead of the joystick for madden17 and how do you adjust the sensitivity of the joysticks f162f238-0518-4b0d-9ff7-e101f2eec1e6
  3. Can I change from joystick to dpad in madden17

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I change from joystick to dpad in madden17: I would rather use the dpad instead of using the joystick, however in the settings it doesn’t allow you to change the mapping of the joystick to the dpad. Is there some way of doing that?...
  4. Defective dpad

in XBoX on Consoles
    Defective dpad: so for a few days now I have had a problem with my controler. The dpad keeps moving down all the time, I tried swapping the dpad button mapping open options but It still won't work, Any ideas ?...
  5. Up and down dpad on controller with 3.5 mm headphone jack require excessive force to work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Up and down dpad on controller with 3.5 mm headphone jack require excessive force to work.: when I got on yesterday my up and down dpad require excessive force to work. I am using the controller with the 3.5 mm headphone jack so I cannot unscrew it and fix it. Does anyone know any other...
  6. Console not registering Dpad, X button, Bumpers while in game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console not registering Dpad, X button, Bumpers while in game: The dpad at least works on the xbox menu. Nothing works in game. This is not a controller issue, I bought a new one and it's doing the same thing 1e59cf21-97c6-45db-9434-a283275f0276
  7. Xbox Dpad Down Drift

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Dpad Down Drift: I have a controller that i got at christmas that has had any issues before. The dpad suddenly stopped working and the down dpad is constantly moving down and makes it impossible to play....
  8. Xbox 360 - Broken transforming dpad spare part

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 - Broken transforming dpad spare part: Hi there, my Xbox 360 Controller in Chrome Silver have a broken "transforming dpad"! Is it possible to get a new dpad. With that part i can fix the Controller by myself. thanks in advance...
  9. Dpad not working properly on my xbox elite controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dpad not working properly on my xbox elite controller: Hello, I had own this nice controller when it released with the console bundle. And I never had any problems until recently. When I press up, left, and down on the dpad, it works normal. But...
  10. DPad Problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    DPad Problems: For some reason everytime I try to press Down on the DPad it never Responds to that.....I usually have to press down Extremely Hard on the Down On The DPad.......any response on to what the...