Xbox DVR recording corrupt files

Discus and support Xbox DVR recording corrupt files in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I've been trying to get the Xbox DVR that comes with windows 10 to work for about an hour and a half now and it keeps giving me the same error. It... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by NormalRug269460, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Xbox DVR recording corrupt files

So I've been trying to get the Xbox DVR that comes with windows 10 to work for about an hour and a half now and it keeps giving me the same error. It will record the game just fine but when I try to watch the video with any video player, it says that it
    either doesn't support the file type or the that the file is corrupted. I've recorded four different games and it says the same thing for each of them. I have no idea what is causing this because before I started to record a full game (around 30 minutes) of
    league of legends I tested it out by going into a private game by my self and it worked fine. Now it doesn't work. I didn't change any settings that I know of that would do something like this. I did move the captures folder but that was after two recordings.
    I have no idea what to do about this so some help would be appreciated.

:)

NormalRug269460, Nov 12, 2016
  2. Farscape247
    Farscape247 Guest
    xbox live cloud storage

export your game dvr recordings to onedrive then clear them off the live account, you cant have unlimited space for dvr and saves, so reduce the amount of dvr files.

Farscape247, Nov 12, 2016
  3. trush44
    trush44 Guest
    Turn off auto game clip saving?

Auto game dvr recording is annoying in Dead Rising also and quite frankly not needed. It seems like turning off game dvr prevents manual recording as well via "xbox, record that", unfortunately. Anybody else know how to prevent auto recording while maintaining
    the ability to manually record?

trush44, Nov 12, 2016
  4. Xbox DVR recording corrupt files

I forgot to include that the file type is mp4 and that the working saves are also that file type so I'm assuming that its a corrupt file.

NormalRug269460, Nov 12, 2016
  5. NormalRug269460 Win User

I forgot to include that the file type is mp4 and that the working saves are also that file type so I'm assuming that its a corrupt file.
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox Game DVR

Hi Jay,

I think what happened is that the game clip became corrupted when the game was closed and recording had not been stopped.

Game clips and screenshots are saved in the File Explorer\Videos\Captures folder. Take a look in there to see if the game clip was saved but if it is not there then the clip was corrupted and likely didn't record.

https://support.xbox.com/en-KY/xbox-on-windows/social/troubleshoot-game-dvr-windows-10
  7. Farscape247 Win User

xbox live cloud storage

export your game dvr recordings to onedrive then clear them off the live account, you cant have unlimited space for dvr and saves, so reduce the amount of dvr files.
  8. DrifterX22 Win User

Xbox One S - Recording Game Clip To External Hard Drive, No Mic Audio Recorded

most people seem to be recording their own voice via a PC not natively on the Xbox DVR.

Game DVR recording
  9. Jomari Arc Win User

Windows10 Game DVR

Hi,

There are several factors why your Game DVR has recording issues. One possible reason is that the components of your Game DVR is corrupted. To resolve DVR issues, you may refer to this article to
    troubleshoot Game DVR on windows 10.

Keep us posted the outcome to guide you with further troubleshooting steps.
Thema:

1. Xbox DVR recording corrupt files - Similar Threads - DVR recording corrupt

2. Xbox One X DVR not recording properly on 4K since the latest update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X DVR not recording properly on 4K since the latest update: I have an Xbox One X and a 60 Hz 4K TV and I record 4K quite often, but I've been having problems recording on 4K since the update from the last week of May. It only records 1 second of the video...
  3. Xbox DVR is only recording 1 second clips

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox DVR is only recording 1 second clips: Program - Alpha Insider Console - One X Hardwired connection, have already hard rebooted multiple times. Since the past few updates whenever I try to record 30 second clips of gameplay from a...
  4. Recording clips and Game DVR itself are day after day more broken than before!

in XboX Insiders
    Recording clips and Game DVR itself are day after day more broken than before!: Yeah, we know that recording clips issues are already a known issue, but the problem is that now the console can't even play already saved clips from weeks ago. I have lots of offline clips that...
  5. Record my voice on game DVR Xbox captures

in XBoX on Consoles
    Record my voice on game DVR Xbox captures: Ive been playing Cod Warrfare and ive recorded captures through the xbox game DVR system and it records all of my party’s voices live as we playthrough.... but not my own? how do i get so it...
  6. Xbox DVR records only 5 seconds

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox DVR records only 5 seconds: I recorded a nice clip however even though I selected 45 seconds as the option, It only recorded 5 seconds of game play. My questions are, can I some how get what I originally recorded and how can...
  7. 4k dvr wont record. I'm In alpha skip ahead

in XboX Insiders
    4k dvr wont record. I'm In alpha skip ahead: Ever since the very last alpha skip ahead... I can record in 720p and 1080p but not 4k. When I go to record a 30 second.clip it says preparing clip then never records it. I did a full shut down...
  8. Game DVR isn't recording properly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game DVR isn't recording properly: I've been trying to record game footage onto my HDD for a few days. It is all set up to record (I have tried 1080p, 4k and 4K HDR with the same issue with each) when i set the Xbox to record it...
  9. Xbox One X 4K DVR recording not working?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X 4K DVR recording not working?: I recorded a bunch of clips on my Xbox One X on an external hard drive but most of those clips won't open on my pc because they are either corrupted or not playing properly. I even switched to VLC...
  10. Game DVR only records first 5 second of last 30 seconds with no audio. This only really...

in XboX Insiders
    Game DVR only records first 5 second of last 30 seconds with no audio. This only really...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Ghu14am [link] [comments]