XBOX E (latest model) not responding to IR remote

Discus and support XBOX E (latest model) not responding to IR remote in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, My new Xbox360 E has issue with IR remote (the xbox media remote). It hardly responds to it. Sometimes it works for few minutes, but even then it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Michael Vs, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Michael Vs
    Michael Vs Guest

Hi,

My new Xbox360 E has issue with IR remote (the xbox media remote). It hardly responds to it. Sometimes it works for few minutes, but even then it is very "slaggish" and only responds after several key presses. Any idea what's wrong with it?

Regards,

Michael

:)

Michael Vs, Jan 23, 2014
  2. xbox one media remote control tv volume WITHOUT Kinect ... possible?

No, it's not a universal remote: (www.xbox.com/.../media-remote)

The remote controls TV/receiver power and volume through Kinect, or an IR extender cable (cable not included).

You need Kinect or IR Extenders.

support.xbox.com/.../use-external-ir-with-xbox-one

fireboy92k(2), Jan 23, 2014
  3. jmcode
    jmcode Guest
    Xbox one unable to select any channels

The Xbox One changes channels on your cable box (or whatever) using the same method as your remote control: sending an IR signal. Either the IR codeset you chose during Xbox setup (by entering the make/model of your cable box) is wrong--in which case make
    sure you entered correct info and try other similar models if you did--or your cable box is not receiving the IR signals from the emitter in the Kinect--for example, due to obstructions, reflections, direct sunlight interference, etc.

jmcode, Jan 23, 2014
  4. JT Kimbell [MSFT] Win User

Adesso Media Center Remote... Cant find a setup that works...

I just have a generic windows media center remote.

Does your IR receiver for your HTPC have a model number or anything on it?
  5. Mike Therien Win User

Directv DVR controls not working after update

This issue must be related to the Harmony Remote (or any IR remote?). If I use voice commands, the Xbox One sends them with out problem. But if I use the Harmony, the onscreen display from the Xbox One shows the button I pressed, but doesn't send the command.
    This is very strange, definitely a bug in the latest update of Xbox One.

I don't think this is an STB issue, since all of the DirecTv boxes use the same IR commands.
  6. fireboy92k(2) Win User

xbox one media remote control tv volume WITHOUT Kinect ... possible?

No, it's not a universal remote: (www.xbox.com/.../media-remote)

The remote controls TV/receiver power and volume through Kinect, or an IR extender cable (cable not included).

You need Kinect or IR Extenders.

support.xbox.com/.../use-external-ir-with-xbox-one
  7. jmcode Win User

Xbox one unable to select any channels

The Xbox One changes channels on your cable box (or whatever) using the same method as your remote control: sending an IR signal. Either the IR codeset you chose during Xbox setup (by entering the make/model of your cable box) is wrong--in which case make
    sure you entered correct info and try other similar models if you did--or your cable box is not receiving the IR signals from the emitter in the Kinect--for example, due to obstructions, reflections, direct sunlight interference, etc.
  8. ChicTeacher06 Win User

xBox One TV Set-Up Communication Issues with Dish Network Network Box VIP612DVR

on mine it is Menu-Settings -Remote Manager - IR- Enable Universal Remote(IR)
Thema:

1. XBOX E (latest model) not responding to IR remote - Similar Threads - latest model responding

2. OSU1 updates - How do I know its the latest version?

in XBoX Accessibility
    OSU1 updates - How do I know its the latest version?: Right - so I downloaded the OSU1 file on August 14, 2019 - assuming that it would have the latest dash update. However, when I went into Settings to check the version number, it still has the last...
  3. Xbox one not letting me start parties or invite people to them since latest Alpha update...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one not letting me start parties or invite people to them since latest Alpha update...: I go to start a party and it grays out if I click it. Also, when i go to invite people, it says error starting party. The console has felt very slow and laggy since the update yesterday, but this...
  4. Can’t download latest version of Minecraft without paying for it again.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t download latest version of Minecraft without paying for it again.: Hi, I own Minecraft on Xbox one as a physical game with a disk, and I just got back to playing after a long time and now it says to download the most recent version for free but when I do it wants...
  5. Latest update messed up download stats bandwidth usage. Downloaded 2.2gb in last hour and...

in XboX Insiders
    Latest update messed up download stats bandwidth usage. Downloaded 2.2gb in last hour and...: [IMG] submitted by /u/sakattack360 [link] [comments]
  6. Cannot sign in on latest beta build

in XboX Insiders
    Cannot sign in on latest beta build: Latest console update I received was overnight and I’m on build 1908.190802-1945 been trying to sign in for last 1/2 hour, only live issue I can see is with TV. Core sign in service says it’s ok...
  7. Since the latest update my home button on the controller stopped working. Anyone else?

in XboX Insiders
    Since the latest update my home button on the controller stopped working. Anyone else?: So for example, if I click a game, the only way to go back to the main menu is to completely restart the console manually. submitted by /u/Snowstandards [link] [comments]
  8. Anyone else getting logged off from account after a complete reboot? Since latest build...

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else getting logged off from account after a complete reboot? Since latest build...: And also, it's not only choosing my account to log in. I must enter my password all over again when this happens. submitted by /u/viniciusrsouza [link] [comments]
  9. The latest update might have bricked my external hard drive

in XboX Insiders
    The latest update might have bricked my external hard drive: On Friday when I was gaming, I was prompt to do the update so I did and just went to bed since it was really late. Come the next day, my hard drive wasn’t being picked up by the Xbox so I thought...
  10. Remote codes for TIVo box by samsung (Latest model)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remote codes for TIVo box by samsung (Latest model): I had a bit of an issue with my new TIVo box, it didn't set up quite as easy as my past boxes. It kept telling me it knew how to control it etc but it couldn't do anything with it. Anyway the...