Xbox elite 1 issues with rubber

Discus and support Xbox elite 1 issues with rubber in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have 2 elite controllers myself and out of warranty but both controllers have the grips and underside of the rubber coming off . Question the new... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by darrenmonk, Aug 15, 2019.

1. darrenmonk
    darrenmonk Guest

I have 2 elite controllers myself and out of warranty but both controllers have the grips and underside of the rubber coming off .

Question the new xbox 1 elite controller 2s are coming out in november here in the Uk but what proof do i have that the rubber is not going to start peeling of theses because if i order 2 that's £320 when the rubber starts coming off which isn't good at
    all for the price i might as well be paying for 2 scuf controllers . Is xbox giving any of us elite 1 uses a discount for buying elite 2s ? because owning the elite 1s where the rubber comes of in less than 12 months is not good and puts me off buying the
    new ones when they do come out .

:)

darrenmonk, Aug 15, 2019
  2. darrenmonk Win User

My money has now gone towards a scuf Prestige controller thanks to your very bad excuse for bad workmanship in a controller and the way i hold my controller
  3. darrenmonk Win User

Hi ,,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums.

We won't be able to provide proof that the grips won't peel off as that would be impossible since everyone grips their controller differently, but all we can say is that the series 2 Elite controller was improved with every previous feature in mind and that
    includes the rubberized grips, as they now wrap around all the way to the top of the controller.

There won't be any discounts for owning the original Elite controller.

You can read more about the new Elite controller from the following sites:

It's not very good that microsoft can not give me some sort of proof and what's been addressed with the grip issues it shouldn't matter how you hold the controller as i hold it like everyone else does when they are playing a game and i personally feel it's
    just an excuse for bad workmanship and not fooled by the advertising but sure people will buy your product regardless .

And i am not some kid who is sitting in his or hers bedroom throwing his controller around the place but doesnt give me much of a choice but to look at scuf controllers

Thanks for the reply......
  4. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi darrenmonk,

Thanks for updating us with your reply to let us know you've purchased a new controller and as such we'll be locking the thread at this time. For any further information concerning the Elite controller version 2, you can feel free to check on
    Xbox Wire for the latest news and information about it.

If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.

Thank you again and have a great day!
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi darrenmonk,,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums.

We won't be able to provide proof that the grips won't peel off as that would be impossible since everyone grips their controller differently, but all we can say is that the series 2 Elite controller was improved with every previous feature in mind and that
    includes the rubberized grips, as they now wrap around all the way to the top of the controller.

There won't be any discounts for owning the original Elite controller.

You can read more about the new Elite controller from the following sites:

6. skylaar Win User

I am not sure that anyone can offer a guarantee because it varies the way people hold and use the controller. The controllers are designed for use by many different people but it sounds like you use or hold it a little differently than most to where the
    controller is showing wear and tear sooner than average.

I find this with a specific keyboard controller I use on my PC. It wears in an odd spot but it just so happens the angle I hold it at is different than how my friends hold it so mine wears much sooner than theirs in that area. Not a manufacturer defect,
    just different people using it.
Thema:

1. Xbox elite 1 issues with rubber - Similar Threads - elite issues rubber

2. Xbox Elite Controller (wired) Issues with FIFA 20

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Elite Controller (wired) Issues with FIFA 20: Wired Xbox Elite Controller keeps jumping up and down when on the FIFA 20 game screen. I've uninstalled the drivers, restarted, updated Windows 10, everything. Was working OK'ish earlier, now the...
  3. Xbox Elite Controller Platformer Issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Elite Controller Platformer Issues: Hello, I play the game Hollow Knight (awesome game BTW) on my Windows 10 PC using my xbox one elite controller - and I have run into a highly vexing issue. This is a 2d Platformer where you...
  4. I'm having an issue with my elite controller and my Xbox charge and play kit.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm having an issue with my elite controller and my Xbox charge and play kit.: Ive had my elite controler for a little while now and i wanted to buy the charge and play kit so i did. Cool cord design that tells me when its its charged and there arent any off brand charge...
  5. Elite controller Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller Issue: I have been having an odd problem, whenever I use the Left Analogue Stick, I randomly slow down when I am moving. Any fixes where I don’t have to open the controller up? I don’t mess up anything...
  6. Xbox Elite controller Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite controller Issue: Hello there i discovered something with my controller when im playing with my elite controller like race games for example Grand theft auto 5 im driving slower with my elite controller in-game...
  7. elite controller issues!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    elite controller issues!!: ive had my elite controller since day one and love it very much, but its starting to give me issues. my left stick is moving on its own when in games. im sure warranty is been over with, but will...
  8. The replacement promotion for the elite controller and the known stick drift issue.

in XBoX on Consoles
    The replacement promotion for the elite controller and the known stick drift issue.: I will start by saying I understand they give you a year from the date of activation to claim this promotion and in my case, I procrastinated a bit. I also have quite a bit to take care of day to...
  9. Controller elite d-pad issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller elite d-pad issue: When i connect my controller elite either wirelessly or with a cable to my xbox the d-pad does not work. i have checked button mapping and found no issue and tried a different controller that...
  10. Elite controller issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller issues: I bought the elite controller early 2017 and with in a year the rubber grips started to expand and the adhesive is practically non existent. Does anyone else have this issue? Will Microsoft do...