Xbox elite 2 controller stopped working on PC after update

Discus and support Xbox elite 2 controller stopped working on PC after update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, So I have a new elite 2 controller trying to connect to a windows 10 version 21H1. Yesterday it was working ok, but then I updated the software of... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by 90Notes90, Nov 24, 2021.

1. 90Notes90
    90Notes90 Guest

Hi,
    So I have a new elite 2 controller trying to connect to a windows 10 version 21H1. Yesterday it was working ok, but then I updated the software of this controller through Xbox one x console as I paired it with the console. Now I want to get back to PC and pair it via Bluetooth but although It looks correct in a bluetooth devices list:

Xbox elite 2 controller stopped working on PC after update [​IMG]

It's not recognized in a xbox app:

Also, I lost the possibility to manage the controller from Xbox accessories app as I now when I launch that app with my controller plugged in via cable to PC I get an error that this app isn't yet supporting my controller? So what do I need to do in order to get my controller working back again?

:)

90Notes90, Nov 24, 2021
  2. 90Notes90 Win User

Finally found solution myself, the same as in this thread.
  3. Christopher Revoredo Win User

No I'm not! I suggest solutions that have helped other users!
  4. albie™ Win User

Xbox One Elite controller not working anymore after (failed?) Xbox Accessories firmware upgrade

Hi Neecko92,

Seems like the only workaround now is to connect your Elite controller to a Xbox One console, and update your Elite controller via the Xbox One console. Then it will work on your PC again.
  5. KrisKarl Win User

Elite Controller

I've got an Xbox One Elite controller and after about a year the headphone jack stopped working so I started using it with my PC instead. After about 2 years the rubber is starting to come unglued from the grip. Other than that everything else is working
    fine, no drift or lag etc.

I removed the paddles because every time I sat the controller down on my leg or even on my table, which is full of clutter, the paddles would be pressed and I'd be choosing random stuff on the Xbox.
  6. Optical10 Win User

Xbox One controller broken by Windows Anniversary Update

My Xbox elite controller just stopped working yesterday on a recently purchased laptop but already had the anniversary update on it so I can't roll back to the previous version of Windows 10.

I've noticed now that in the device and printer section of the Control Panel I've got a Xbox 360 controller for Windows entry which isn't present on another version of Windows 10 install on my desktop PC so this laptop now has two entries the elite controller
    and the Xbox 360 controller in Control Panel.If I disabled the Xbox 360 controller entry I get functionality on the elite controller but on a restart Windows the 360 controller reappears in Control Panel and in device manager.

Strange thing that for a week since I've had this new laptop everything was working fine in, now steam doesn't recognise the elite controller and windows hasn't done an update so how's this happened?
Thema:

1. Xbox elite 2 controller stopped working on PC after update - Similar Threads - elite controller stopped

2. Not all trigger stops work on my Elite Controller 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not all trigger stops work on my Elite Controller 2: I purchased an Elite Controller 2 when they came out a couple years ago and when I got it only the first 2 trigger stop settings worked for me, and the third hair trigger has never worked. I...
  3. My Xbox elite 2 controllers rb just stopped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox elite 2 controllers rb just stopped working: My Xbox elite 2 controllers rb just stopped working, I haven’t even had it a year! 38a08dcd-3f91-4f3e-9e91-da5b3a3065d9
  4. Xbox elite series 2 controller B paddle randomly stopped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 controller B paddle randomly stopped working: So I’ve had this controller for over a year and the warranty has ran out. All of the other paddles work except for the B paddle. It first started a week ago not responding to each press but still...
  5. Xbox series x stops recognizing elite 2 controller after sitting idle

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x stops recognizing elite 2 controller after sitting idle: I have a new xbox series x and the elite 2 controller and when the xbox is sitting idle for longer than 20 min ill pick up the controller and turn it on but the controller is not being recognized...
  6. Xbox elite controller series 1 headset jack stopped working.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox elite controller series 1 headset jack stopped working.: Last night, the headset jack to my xbox elite controller series 1 stopped detecting my Hyper X cloud 2 headset. At first I thought it was the headset, but I have tried the headset on other...
  7. Elite series 2 controller - Vibration has stopped

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite series 2 controller - Vibration has stopped: Hi, the vibration has stopped. Its a 'day one' edition controller bought direct from Microsoft. Pre-order June '19. Delivered around 3-6th Nov '19. In the settings i can still test the triggers...
  8. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller and Wireless Adapter for Windows (stopped working)

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller and Wireless Adapter for Windows (stopped working): I have an Xbox Elite Series 2 controller and a Wireless Adapter for Windows. I am running Windows 10 on my PC. My Wireless Adapter for Windows stopped working today after I started my computer....
  9. Xbox One Controller Elite Series 2, trigger-stops

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One Controller Elite Series 2, trigger-stops: With the first gen elite controller if you "activated" the trigger-stop switch on a trigger, after let's say 50% of the path there was no more input. But with the second gen elite controller, it...
  10. Elite controller 2 trigger stops not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Elite controller 2 trigger stops not working: So the hair trigger lvl on my controller registers nothing no matter what I change it too on the app. the first and 2nd lvls if the trigger stop works fine. the third registers nothing no matter...