Xbox Elite 2 on PC - Configuration Issue / Bluetooth Issue / Game Bar Overlay A button Issue.

Discus and support Xbox Elite 2 on PC - Configuration Issue / Bluetooth Issue / Game Bar Overlay A button Issue. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox Elite 2 PC controller that is unable to be used via Bluetooth. When first connected by Bluetooth the controller is unusable due to the A... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Glenn-M, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Glenn-M
    Glenn-M Guest

Xbox Elite 2 on PC - Configuration Issue / Bluetooth Issue / Game Bar Overlay A button Issue.

I have an Xbox Elite 2 PC controller that is unable to be used via Bluetooth. When first connected by Bluetooth the controller is unusable due to the A button opening the game bar overlay,

This can be resolved by downloading the Xbox accessories application and mapping a new default profile to the controller, The issue with this though is that the device must be configured via USB cable, If you do this then it breaks the ability of the device to pair via Bluetooth via memory (something even a 5 dollar speaker can do). Once this connection is broken the only way to get Bluetooth to work again is to forget the device which then removes the mapped profile from the controller and this leaves you with the issue first described. That when first connected by Bluetooth the controller is unusable due to the A button opening the game bar overlay,

This leaves you with essentially a $179.99 brick that is unable to be used on a PC via Bluetooth. several online solutions list buying a wifi dongle ($24.99) as the answer but that is also not a true fix as the signal strength requires the dongle to have a direct line of sight and for the dongle to stay within 3 feet of the controller for the connection to work. the dongle even came with a poor quality USB extension cable so they know this is an issue.

In reality, this is a critical error with this device, and I'm requesting support to address the issue with a fix that will let the device either be configured via Bluetooth or to fix the issue with USB connection perm breaking the ability of the device to pair via Bluetooth without resetting the connection.

:)

Glenn-M, Jan 14, 2022
  2. Zero117AsZ Win User

Elite controller series 2 issue

Hi Mateus,

Thank you for your reply. I tried but didn't work, I don't think is an issue with the game bar but with the controller firmware itself. Using a normal xbox controller I have no issues with the game bar, just with the elite controller while on Bluetooth
  3. Panda-in-yale Win User

Elite Controller 2 Bluetooth issues

My elite 2 when connected to PC via bluetooth loses connection and I am also experiencing sudden frame rate drops which I do not see when playing it with wired or keyboard or mouse. I did not had any issues with Elite 1 which connected via a usb
    dongle. I updated the controller and the bluetooth feature is broken. Anyone got it to work on PC via bluetooth without any issues?
    exactly the same issue here, have no problem with using my xbox one s controller on PC, but lots of disconnections and frame rate drops with elite 2
  4. Gian Paolo Vecchi Win User

XBox Elite Series 2 unplugged from PC using USB won't auto connect to Bluetooth

I have the same issue, on PC it seems that once the controller is connected by cable (you need it to configure settings), bluetooth connection will not work anymore, you have to remove it/repair from Windows settings. This is not expected from a "high
    end" controller. Elite 1 was ****, Elite 2 has big flaws. Don't say that this has not been reported during beta testing...
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

Elite controller

6. Derpcrawler Win User

Xbox Elite Series 2 Issues With Rocket League

Are you using 3rd party Bluetooth receiver on PC or the official Microsoft Xbox One controller dongle for Windows 10?

To rule out issues with Xbox Elite 2 controller I would connect it to phone and try to play something (any free game would do with controller support), both Android and iPhones now support Xbox One controllers as input methods. If there is no issues on phone
    then it's 100% faulty Bluetooth receiver on your PC. If the issues also present when playing on phone, then you have faulty controller.

If the issue is with controller itself or Microsoft USB dongle you need to contact Xbox Support at https://support.xbox.com/

If the issue is not with a controller itself and you are not using official Microsoft USB dongle, I would look into getting one or replacing your Bluetooth receiver with a better one with Bluetooth 4.0 support or higher.
Thema:

1. Xbox Elite 2 on PC - Configuration Issue / Bluetooth Issue / Game Bar Overlay A button Issue. - Similar Threads - Elite Configuration Issue

2. Cannot Configure Xbox Elite Controller on Alienware Windows 10 PC - bogus error message?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot Configure Xbox Elite Controller on Alienware Windows 10 PC - bogus error message?: 我正在尝试在我的 Xbox Elite 控制器上配置高级按钮 射功能以在我的 PC 上使用。Xbox Accessories 应用程序看到控制器蓝牙连接,并指示它需要通过 USB 连接以进行配置。但是,控制器通过 USB 连接到 PC。我尝试了多个 USB 端口,并更新了来自 Dell Alienware 和 Windows 的驱动程序。我在各种系统配置应用程序中没有发现任何明显的 USB...
  3. Elite series 2 configuration profiles not responding

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite series 2 configuration profiles not responding: Bought an elite series 2 brand new a few hours ago and I press configure on the Xbox accessories app and then go to press new profile but when I do, I can’t use any of the controller inputs and...
  4. Elite Controller Sensitivity Configuration

in XboX Insiders
    Elite Controller Sensitivity Configuration: Would it be possible to make Elite Controller stick sensitivity configurable on the fly? I was thinking this so that one could make two different sensitivity profiles on Controller Configuration...
  5. Xbox Elite 2 not connecting to PC thru USB, cant configure

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Elite 2 not connecting to PC thru USB, cant configure: My XSX Controller works flawlessly, Elite 2 is giving me insane issues. Everyone was right saying this controller is a **** of issues... Only connects via Bluetooth, cant connect via USB. Not the...
  6. How to access xbox elite controller configuration profiles offline

in XBoX on Windows
    How to access xbox elite controller configuration profiles offline: My elite controller has 2 controller configuration settings: 1 and 2. but i have a plethora of profiles i have set up on the Xbox Accessories app that correspond to different games. whenever my...
  7. Xbox Accessories App Can't Configure Elite Series 2 Controller

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Accessories App Can't Configure Elite Series 2 Controller: Before I begin, let me state that I have done all the standard things: update everything everywhere, turn off and on, factory reset, uninstall/reinstall, scan the internet, etc., so don't ask. I...
  8. Xbox accessories app unable to configure elite controller.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox accessories app unable to configure elite controller.: Recently ive changed the email address for my xbox account. After doing so the xbox accessories app prompted me to sign in, and after doing so I've been unable to configure my elite controller....
  9. Can't configure elite controller v2

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't configure elite controller v2: Hi, I went to go try to change some button mapping on my elite controller v2 yesterday, and I'm unable to open the configuration. When I click configure a window pops us and says "Please Wait"...
  10. Halo 5 Xbox One Elite Configuration/Preset Issue?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Halo 5 Xbox One Elite Configuration/Preset Issue?: Hello All, I have a seemingly odd issue that happens when playing Halo 5 adversarial. At the beginning of every match a grenade is automatically thrown, even though my finger is far from the...