Xbox Elite 2 Sticky Left Trigger

Discus and support Xbox Elite 2 Sticky Left Trigger in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been using the controller daily since christmas, and have had no complaints. That is until today, I was in the middle of a multyplayer match... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Gavin Stark, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Gavin Stark
    Gavin Stark Guest

I have been using the controller daily since christmas, and have had no complaints. That is until today, I was in the middle of a multyplayer match when the left trigger started sticking. It doesn’t stick in the traditional way. Instead of sticking on release
    it sticks as you first press it giving it a somewhat clicky feel.

I wanted to know if there is a way to fix it on my own without voiding the warranty. I use the controller a lot, and am worried that it would take a while to be fixed by a professional due to covid-19 slowing things down. The controller costs a pretty penny,
    and I’m worried continuing to use it could cause damage.

:)

Gavin Stark, Mar 20, 2020
  2. KarimAndSonz Win User

If you have it since xmas you are within the warranty for replacement this is common on all controller no matter the price you pay
  3. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

If its an Elite controller, you may be eligible to get an overall replacement under warranty if its still within its warranty that is. Related warranty information can be found at this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ce-plans-and-terms-conditions-for-your-device

The results for whether or not they repair controllers are kind of iffy, but accessories are listed as something you can send off for servicing. https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/getting-your-product-serviced

Other than the official route, in some cases you could run the semi-official route by going to a chain or local electronic hobby/video game store and seeing what they can do about it. Some places are authorized for repairs of things, some places are not.
    You just have to call and ask.

If you live near a brick and mortar Microsoft Store, you may want to consider calling or asking your controller there to see if they may be able to do something about it in-house, or at least aid you in getting something done.
  4. JUSTIN KELLAM Win User

I have too been having trouble with my elite controller. I think you should talk to MS about it to not void your warranty as the elite controller is an investment!
  5. Gavin Stark Win User

That’s what I was thinking as I’ve seen a teardown video of one of the controllers and don’t think it would be possible without very specialized tools.
  6. T3chnlgydude Win User

Hey Gamer

I would not recommend trying a self repair

Rather use the warranty/exchange option. If you damage the controller by trying a self repair, you might regret it later
Thema:

1. Xbox Elite 2 Sticky Left Trigger - Similar Threads - Elite Sticky Left

2. Elite controller 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller 2: So, I purchased the EC2 on November 11, 2019. Got home, connected it and had major stick drift. Returned under Gamestop 30day warranty for a new one. The new one had stick drift but hardly ever...
  3. Xbox Elite Series 2 Problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Problem: So, one of the back panels on my controller is very firm and i have to press it harder than the other panels for it to work in game, and I don’t know how to fix the panels. Does anyone know how to...
  4. [Recent Purchase] Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller having issues

in XBoX on Windows
    [Recent Purchase] Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller having issues: Okay, so I just bought this controller, and at first, I really liked it. However, as I played my games, the A button has not been registering all my actions. I don't know why this is but it is...
  5. Xbox Elite series 2 Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite series 2 Controller: Hello, I was given an Xbox elite series 2 controller for Christmas 2019 and today the Left thumbstick click stopped working. I have the box it came in but my family member misplaced the receipt...
  6. XBox Elite Series 2 with Sticky left trigger

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Elite Series 2 with Sticky left trigger: I received my new XBox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 yesterday. It burn't a hole in my pocket, but I love it. I love the magnetically coupled buttons and thumbsticks, the solid feel of the...
  7. Brand new elite controller sticky left hair trigger

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new elite controller sticky left hair trigger: title says it all...... i have a brand new Xbox one elite controller and the left trigger Is extremely sticky when in hair lock. Almost unbearable..... really shouldn't be happening on a 150$...
  8. Any ideas? Brand new system wifi issue + elite controller sticky trigger

in XBoX on Consoles
    Any ideas? Brand new system wifi issue + elite controller sticky trigger: Whats up guys? I'm going to try to sum this up as best as possible... I have had 2 Xbox ones side by side on 2 tvs for about a year now. We play every day with no issues. 500gb systems. We decided...
  9. Elite Controller trigger sticky issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller trigger sticky issue: I have an issue when I have the trigger (LT) set to short pulls and the trigger sticks like it's sticking to tape/glue when pushing it to the end, the RT is OK. RT and LT are both OK when set to...
  10. Elite controller with sticky left trigger

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller with sticky left trigger: My elite controller is amazing I love almost every bit of it. The issue I'm having now is when the hair trigger is engaged on the left trigger it becomes sticky as if the part that blocks the...