XBox Elite controller bumper issues

Discus and support XBox Elite controller bumper issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have had TWO XBox Elite Controllers with left bumper issues. After a little more than a year, the bumper broke on the first controller. I'm now on my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GerellElie, Mar 21, 2020.

1. GerellElie
    GerellElie Guest

I have had TWO XBox Elite Controllers with left bumper issues. After a little more than a year, the bumper broke on the first controller. I'm now on my second controller and the bumper is starting to break on that. We all know that there is a lackluster
    90 day warranty so I have no way of getting it fixed without a fee.

These controllers cost WAY TO MUCH for them to get less than a year of use. Microsoft, should I be expecting to get less than a year of use out of one of these controllers?? If that's the case, and I can't get a solution to this issue, this will be the
    last Elite controller I purchase and I will be moving on to another brand.

Has anyone heard of a solution to this problem beside me fixing the controller myself? Nintendo did a nice thing, allowing people with controller drift issues to return their controllers free of charge. I wish Microsoft would take notice.

:)

GerellElie, Mar 21, 2020
  2. ROBOSLIDER Win User

The bumpers on my launch day Series 1 Elite Controller finally broke a few months ago. Was disappointed that an otherwise perfectly functioning controller (never had the grip issue with mine) was rendered useless because of the poor design of the bumpers.
    All the development that went into the Elite and no effort was made to improve this inherent weakness in all Xbox One controllers. I repaired it myself with a replacement bumper from ebay. Never had bumper issues with any of my 360 controllers.
  3. Unreal Warfare Win User

Xbox One elite controller is a rip off

No issues with the Elite. I used to have issues with the bumpers on the standard controllers losing their click far too quickly. The build quality on the Elite is far superior.
  4. gds1972 Win User

Elite bumpers

Hi

It is not possible to purchase bumpers for the elite controller directly from Microsoft, If the bumpers of your elite controller require replacing the controller would need to be sent to
    Microsoft repair centre for this.
  5. Samplizer Win User

Elite controller BUMPER ISSUE...

You took apart an expensive controller well aware that it would void your warranty. Why should wal-mart lose out? Take responsibility for your actions and don't make the mistake again.
  6. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

That is a shame to hear and there are regularly issues being reported here in the forums with the Elite controllers. Personally, this is why I have stayed away from the Elite series and stick to the regular controllers. I do hope you can get this issue
    resolved and hopefully not have to spend a lot of out of pocket money for it. Best of luck!
Thema:

1. XBox Elite controller bumper issues - Similar Threads - Elite controller bumper

2. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Bumpers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Bumpers: Today I started playing games and I noticed that sometimes my right bumper would not click. Is there anyways to fix this? Like a replaceable part? 4e6feac1-38b6-4fbd-b342-93f9fec00bff
  3. Xbox elite series 2 controller bumper registering 2 clicks instead of 1...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 controller bumper registering 2 clicks instead of 1...: Ugh so ive had this controller for a few weeks and ive started to get this glitch where ill be trying to switch weapons by clicking LB once and it will register twice and switch past the weapon im...
  4. How to switch bumper on elite series 2 controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to switch bumper on elite series 2 controller?: I have an elite series 2 controller and the bumper only works half the time! Its super annoying and i want to buy a replacement but i dont want to break my controller. Any chance theres an easier...
  5. Xbox elite wireless controller broken bumper buttons after a few weeks out of warranty ....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite wireless controller broken bumper buttons after a few weeks out of warranty ....: Hi there, The bumpers of my xbox elite wireless controller stopped working a few weeks after the warranty was over. For the most expensive controller on the market I find it insane that it wont...
  6. Elite Controller Bumpers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller Bumpers: Why do you continue to make these controllers with such faulty bumpers? I've now had 3, all of which have broken the exact same way (RB falls off after breaking the TINY piece of plastic holding...
  7. Xbox One Elite Controller Right Bumper Malfunction

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Elite Controller Right Bumper Malfunction: I am currently on my second elite controller and all was wall, until a day ago the right bumper started to continuously press even when not touching the controller. My warranty on the controller...
  8. Have the bumpers been upgraded in the new elite controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Have the bumpers been upgraded in the new elite controller?: I love the current elite controller but the LB/RB buttons are pretty bad! I’ve managed to break 3 controllers just through regular, normal use. The series 2 version revealed yesterday looks...
  9. Broken shoulder bumpers on Xbox One elite controller

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Broken shoulder bumpers on Xbox One elite controller: Need to replace the broken shoulder bumpers on elite controller. Does Microsoft carry the parts? Or has anyone found quality parts on Amazon? 02fca29d-b869-4966-8a54-d7c175bf9693
  10. Why does the elite controller keep breaking... specifically the left bumper

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the elite controller keep breaking... specifically the left bumper: It has broken 5 times and i am over it.. . 483ba08f-3313-4d14-8050-c9eae3e2a5e6