Xbox Elite Controller needs repairs

Discus and support Xbox Elite Controller needs repairs in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox Elite controller that needs repairs. The grips are both coming off and both the thumbsticks are loose. I tried to send it in for repairs... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Codegasm, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Codegasm
    Codegasm Guest

I have an Xbox Elite controller that needs repairs. The grips are both coming off and both the thumbsticks are loose. I tried to send it in for repairs using your online form but it says that it's out of warranty.

This device is a replacement for the original that I bought which broke in even more ways. This is entirely unacceptable considering how much I spent on it. I will absolutely not be buying a new one myself as your form suggests. I will also make sure to
    avoid your elite line of controllers in the future due to abysmal build quality.

How can I get this device repaired outside of warranty?

:)

Codegasm, Sep 28, 2019
  2. bowski477 Win User

Xbox Elite Controller Bumpers

Discussion of self repair is not allowed on the forums. There is a support page for assistance with

Elite Controller repairs
  3. ChiefJoboo Win User

XBOX ELITE CONTROLLER BROKE IN 4months!

The official warranty period for "accessories" (xbox one elite wireless is under that label) is 90 days, you're correct. Controllers wear out, and that's not avoidable BUT the elite and newer models are built with the past in mind.

Please take a look at this page about troubleshooting and repairing your elite controller:

support.xbox.com/.../elite-controller-info

And if you can't get it to work after that, please go to:

support.xbox.com/.../servicing-elite-controller

And finally, if you need to get it repaired out of warranty, please see this page to order a repair or replacement and go to "replace an accessory." There will be a fee but I'm not sure of what that might cost.

devicesupport.microsoft.com/en-US
  4. Whiteleaf2012 Win User

My Elite seems absolutely fine. Great build quality. How long is the warranty on controllers anyway?
  5. XBF Steven R Win User

Hey there Codegasm

Thanks for reaching out to the Forums for clarity on this warranty repair inquiry. I can totally understand how disheartening this could be. Microsoft/Xbox does not actually repair accessories such as controllers or headsets, if the accessory does experiencing
    some kind of hardware problem, then they will replace it outright rather than fix it but this is only available in warranty.

Elite controllers have a warranty of one year from purchase, through which you would be able to get a free repair if it did need servicing. However, after which, the only thing you can do is replace the device itself.

Hope this information was helpful.

Thanks for reading!
  6. Codegasm Win User

As I said earlier I have tried all the automated ways without success. I will absolutely not be buying a new one as it is a terrible piece of hardware, thanks for your suggestions though.
Thema:

1. Xbox Elite Controller needs repairs - Similar Threads - Elite Controller needs

2. Razer Nari Ultimate with Xbox Elite Controller firmware needs to be updated

in XBoX on Consoles
    Razer Nari Ultimate with Xbox Elite Controller firmware needs to be updated: So I have recently been experiencing this problem with my razer nari ultimate headset not functioning with the xbox elite controller, and other people have said that the firmware on the elite...
  3. What wireless adapter is needed to connect xbox elite controller to windows 10?

in XBoX on Windows
    What wireless adapter is needed to connect xbox elite controller to windows 10?: Hi, I have a xbox elite controller, and I try to buy a wireless adapter to connect my controller to pc. But I was told that the regular wireless adapter (image below) cannot be used for elite...
  4. Need the ability to bind keyboard and mouse inputs to elite controller via Xbox accessories ...

in XBoX on Windows
    Need the ability to bind keyboard and mouse inputs to elite controller via Xbox accessories ...: I would like a option to be added to the Xbox Accessories for my elite controller to bind keyboard and mouse inputs to my Elite controller via the Xbox Accessories app on my PC....
  5. AN ANSWER TO A FIX FOR THE ELITE CONTROLLER IS NEEDED

in XBoX on Consoles
    AN ANSWER TO A FIX FOR THE ELITE CONTROLLER IS NEEDED: My grips are peeling off, my left stick activates RT, my LB broke randomly, also have a drift and the top right paddle magnet feels loose, so many issues that need to be addresed by these people...
  6. Xbox elite controller needs engrave option to add personalised message

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox elite controller needs engrave option to add personalised message: I visited the xbox design lab recently and came across the engrave option. As I am interested in purchasing the xbox elite controller, for the high price tag I would want the option to add this...
  7. Xbox elite controller needs an engrave option

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox elite controller needs an engrave option: I visited the xbox design lab recently and came across the engrave option. As I am interested in purchasing the xbox elite controller, for the high price tag I would want the option to add this...
  8. Need a real xbox one elite controller community config page.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need a real xbox one elite controller community config page.: MixAmp Pro TR Custom EQ Presets | Page 3 | ASTRO Gaming Forums Xbox needs to be more like astro when it come to the elite. b4443a3b-1527-452f-8009-af2fe5165e89
  9. ​I need to send in my Xbox one elite controller to get fixed

in XBoX on Consoles
    ​I need to send in my Xbox one elite controller to get fixed: I need to send in my Xbox one elite controller to get fixed. At the device service and repair in the elite controller thing it wants to send me replace accessories not an actual elite controller....
  10. Need help (could be xbox elite controller issues)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help (could be xbox elite controller issues): when I turn on my Xbox a message pops up saying "sorry Quin sign in using a controller" (which is what I'm trying to do) and I try to launch the notification the screen goes black.it doesn't even...