Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 paddle not working properly

Discus and support Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 paddle not working properly in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello The P3 (upper right paddle looking at the back of the controller) does not work like the other paddles. The other paddles have nice and "sharp"... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by YaBoiCheddR, Jul 7, 2021.

1. YaBoiCheddR
    YaBoiCheddR Guest

Hello

The P3 (upper right paddle looking at the back of the controller) does not work like the other paddles. The other paddles have nice and "sharp" sounds when I press them, while this paddle has a more dull sound. Additionally, the P3 on my controller seems to not quite work.

To use this paddle, you have to press down harder than the others, and the P3 only does anything about half of the times you press it. The paddle is also incapable of being held down. To explain this I will use the Xbox accessories test mode. If you go into the test mode, the other paddles work properly, and when you hold them down, the icon stays up there as long as you hold down the paddle. But the upper right paddle does not stay up there, and if it happens to do something when you push it down and hold it, the icon will only appear for a split second, maybe coming back once for half a second. After this, the paddle will do nothing unless you release it and push it down again.

I was checking out the device, as it is linked to my Microsoft account, looking for anything that could help me, and I found that the Microsoft Limited Warranty ended this very day that all of this occurred on (including the day I am writing this) 7/7/2021.

What is the issue with my controller? Is there anything I can do to fix my issue? I am open to any safe fixes, and while I would prefer not having to open up the controller, I am willing to do so if there is no other option. I would prefer to not have to purchase a new controller, so ANY help is appreciated. If you need to ask questions to help me, I will try to respond in a timely manner.

Thanks you.

:)

YaBoiCheddR, Jul 7, 2021
  2. NeoDan123 Win User

Xbox elite controller 2

Each Elite controller series 2 comes with 1 set of paddles. You can order replacement paddles, thumbsticks etc.

Series 1 paddles, thumbsticks is not compatible with series 2.
  3. SoullessCodith Win User

Xbox Elite Series 2 controller with different colored paddles???

I have an elite series 2 controller. All of the paddles are the same color.
  4. XBF Aicha T Win User

5. XBF Chris J Win User

Xbox elite series 2 problems

Hello Kinggalor,

Thank you for posting here on the Xbox forums. We understand that you are experiencing paddle and hair-trigger issues with your Elite series 2 controller. How are they not working properly? Are they not responding or are they getting stuck somehow? Is your
    Elite controller fully up to date?

Aside from that, please take a look, at this support article: Troubleshoot your Xbox One wireless controller
  6. TomaToMcNuggets Win User

Series X controller wish?

If all of the series X controllers act like the elite series 2 just without the paddles that would be perfect but i’m not sure what the likelihood of that happening would be.
Thema:

1. Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 paddle not working properly - Similar Threads - Elite Controller Series

2. Drift on Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 and warranty page generates an error, help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Drift on Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 and warranty page generates an error, help?: Hi, I have a Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 that has a drift on the left thumb stick, It is registered on the MS website, but when I try to raise a warranty when I click the "Enter a new...
  3. Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 - "doesn't support new firmware on PC"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 - "doesn't support new firmware on PC": Hi, I'm posting this here because I'm curious to see if anyone else is running into this issue. Recently upgraded from Xbox One to PC and I'm looking to set specific binds, but I'm not able to...
  4. Elite Series 2 Controller right stick stops working on wireless. Why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Controller right stick stops working on wireless. Why?: I have an elite series 2 that I bought in December. If I use it wirelessly, the right thumbstick stops working. I can use all other buttons and sticks. I can even click the right thumbstick but...
  5. Xbox elite controller series 2 P1 paddle problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite controller series 2 P1 paddle problem: Hello, I've received my new elite controller series 2 and I like so far my only problem is the P1 paddle is not clicky like the rest but it's working fine. Tried to replace it with the opposite...
  6. Deeply disappointed with XBox Elite Controller Series 2

in XboX Insiders
    Deeply disappointed with XBox Elite Controller Series 2: Initially i just wanted to share my feedback with MS, but since the xbox website was sending me here for feedback i will just tell you all how deeply disappointed i am by the Elite Series 2...
  7. Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 - Right bumper frequently does not register presses or will...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 - Right bumper frequently does not register presses or will...: Hi all, My Xbox Elite Controller's right bumper has started to go bad; it either doesn't do anything or will treat one press as multiple. This has been going on for a few weeks, and I just found...
  8. Left Toggle & Replacement - Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Left Toggle & Replacement - Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2: Hello, I got the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 for Christmas and I have been using it the past couple of weeks, mainly playing Halo Infinite, and I have noticed that the left toggle...
  9. My xbox elite series 2 controller shuts down and my right joy stick are drifting

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox elite series 2 controller shuts down and my right joy stick are drifting: Like 1/3 of the time i press the p2 or p3 button on my elite controller it shuts down and rebuts up again but now in standard mode and after playing around with it a little I discovered that the...
  10. Xbox elite controller series 2 constantly disconnects

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite controller series 2 constantly disconnects: After not playing my Xbox for a while I fully updated my Xbox one after connecting to my internet . Everything is all good and swell using my regular battery controller . The problem begins when...