Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 RB double clicking/phantom pressing bug

Discus and support Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 RB double clicking/phantom pressing bug in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I don't know what this bug is, or if it's just a fortnite thing but it's annoying, extremely annoying. Is there any type of fix or does anyone know... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by PatchMadeJay, Jan 13, 2020.

1. PatchMadeJay
    PatchMadeJay Guest

I don't know what this bug is, or if it's just a fortnite thing but it's annoying, extremely annoying. Is there any type of fix or does anyone know exactly the problem with this. Multiple people have come across this problem within the same time span of
    1-2 months which is crazy to me. Is there no software update that can be downloaded for the controller in the access app? There is no way a $200 controller is actually having these types of problems already, and apparently no use of returning for new ones
    as I've seen people say they're even on their 4th controller with the same issue. Fix it, This is suppposedly a "re-engineered" new everything "best" gaming controller, yet having problems like this......

:)

PatchMadeJay, Jan 13, 2020
  2. PatchMadeJay Win User

Have they covered this specific problem because so far it's the only one I have. I haven't always been on xbox controller as I'm on PC using a controller, but I come from ps4 so I'm not aware of the way xbox controllers can update. I've read on some people
    saying it could be a "software" problem and maybe microsoft can put out a update for the controller to fix it Im not sure. This bug or issue has happened around this sound time of 1-2 months for a lot of people, and I want to doubt they put out a batch of
    messed up controllers day of release. I have a year warranty but I don't want to return it and get multiple other ones and they have the same problems so I'm waiting for the fix and it needs to be soon...
  3. NaZoooom Win User

Hi PatchMadeJay,

Microsoft have acknowledged there are issues and have asked their engineering teams to investigate. No new information has since been released to the public regarding the issues.

You could wait to see if their is a fix to issues or if you are in within your warranty period you can make a claim via Device service and replacement website.

you could also try returning the controller to the retailer you purchased it from.

Hope this helps.
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Elite Series 2 Controller RB & LB Double Clicking

Hello all,

As this is an old thread, I will be locking this one. Updates, games and everything changes often so would be best to create a new thread. Once a new thread is created we will be happy to assist you in any issues or questions you might have.

Thanks,

Brad
  5. Junior2535 Win User

Did you email them to make a return and pay for another? Or they just replaced your previous for free?
    Mine was bought from GAME in the UK but replaced via microsoft. Sent the controller to them and they returned a new replacement (different serial #)
  6. PatchMadeJay Win User

I got mine from Walmart on day of release, if I were to get a replacement do I go back to walmart or contact microsoft?
Thema:

1. Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 RB double clicking/phantom pressing bug - Similar Threads - Elite Controller Series

2. series 2 elite controller case

in XBoX on Consoles
    series 2 elite controller case: Sometime last week, I sent in my series 2 elite controller so it can be replaced, because the one I had was having some issues. So sent it in with the case, and the box it came in. I did NOT put...
  3. Bought a elite controller series 2 in the UK, found out it had unresponsive A / B buttons,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bought a elite controller series 2 in the UK, found out it had unresponsive A / B buttons,...: Hi there, In bit of a situation here, the following: Bought an elite series 2 controller in the (wonderful!) UK flagship store in London Went home, all excited Started playing and found the A...
  4. elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    elite series 2 controller: i am having an issue with the left thumbstick. when i push up it doesnt move. i go and try to create a service order or replacement order and it asks for a 10-6 number which there isnt one with...
  5. xbox elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox elite series 2 controller: my question is why cant my 200 elite controller stay connected for more than 30 seconds? why hasnt microsoft fixed this yet? why is this still be advertised as a wireless controller when it does...
  6. How to reconnect Xbox elite series 2 controller via bluetooth

in XBoX on Windows
    How to reconnect Xbox elite series 2 controller via bluetooth: I just purchased an xbox elite series 2, configured, updated, and set everything up good to go. However, when I disconnect it from the cable, it can't seem to reconnect via bluetooth. It is...
  7. Design Lab Controller, but for Xbox Elite Series 2

in XboX Insiders
    Design Lab Controller, but for Xbox Elite Series 2: I have an idea, well the title explains itself. We have design Lab controllers for normal controllers, and we have normal elite controllers. But would it be a good idea to have a Xbox Elite Design...
  8. Elite series one controller stick drift

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Elite series one controller stick drift: My controller is out of warranty and has developed stick drift, it feels like the joystick module has damaged parts(sensor wheel ?) Does micro soft repair controllers/ do they sell parts? What...
  9. elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    elite series 2 controller: so first of all hi I'm , I've owned two elite 2 controllers already the first one within four days of being new the rb button stopped responding and when it did it multi clicks, now the second...
  10. Xbox elite series 1 controller keeps disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 1 controller keeps disconnecting: I have a weird problem with an Xbox elite series 1 controller, which keeps disconnecting for a few seconds, then reconnecting, every few minutes, whilst playing Modern Warfare 2019. I've tried all...