Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 - Right bumper frequently does not register presses or will...

Discus and support Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 - Right bumper frequently does not register presses or will... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, My Xbox Elite Controller's right bumper has started to go bad; it either doesn't do anything or will treat one press as multiple. This has... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by OrionsTrousers, Jan 11, 2022.

1. Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 - Right bumper frequently does not register presses or will...

Hi all,

My Xbox Elite Controller's right bumper has started to go bad; it either doesn't do anything or will treat one press as multiple. This has been going on for a few weeks, and I just found out I was out of warranty by 5 days. I'm not sure what to do at this point since I don't see any way to pop open the controller.

Extremely distressing to have this kind of issue on a $200 controller barely year from purchase.

:)

OrionsTrousers, Jan 11, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 - Right bumper frequently does not register presses or will double-press

I apologize about that and you’re also welcome.

You can also have it checked in any of your local repair shops.
  3. OrionsTrousers Win User

Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 - Right bumper frequently does not register presses or will double-press

There were no updates available. Spending $100 to fix this kind of issue is also out of the question.

Thanks though
  4. Francia J. Win User

Hi OrionsTrousers, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

Kindly try and update your controller by following the steps below:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide, select Profile & system > Settings > Devices & streaming > Accessories, and then select the controller you want to update.

2. On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select “…” to check the firmware version for your controller.

3. If it says “Update,” select Firmware version, and then follow the steps provided.

Also, if that still didn't work you can get it checked through Microsoft but there will be an out-of-warranty charge. You can check it here: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  5. L2D- Win User

Elite series 2

Hey I have got an Elite Series 2 controller the day it was released and it's a really good controller in my opinion. The only thing that I have a problem with is the bumpers LB and RB. They move twice when pressed instead of once like it should. I try moving
    tabs on Xbox Home by pressing the bumpers and it goes to far right or left kind of annoying at times.

Other than that its a good controller the trigger stops are nice as well and the paddles are smaller than the Previous Elite Controller.
  6. XBF Ezra G Win User

RB button on Elite Series 2 stops functioning

Hello aaron11114455,

Thank you for your post. I understand you are experiencing an issue with your Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 not responding when then Right Bumper is pressed. To create a replacement order, please visit the

Device Support
    page.

I hope this helps.
Thema:

Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 - Right bumper frequently does not register presses or will...

1. Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 - Right bumper frequently does not register presses or will... - Similar Threads - Elite Controller Series

2. What is going on with Elite Series 2 Controller A button?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is going on with Elite Series 2 Controller A button?: Hello guys! I purchased this controller two weeks ago and today is the second one that I return to the local store for replacement because of a percentage of 'A' button presses that are not...
  3. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller won’t work with Xbox Accessories app on PC

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller won’t work with Xbox Accessories app on PC: I had bought an elite series 2 controller on kijiji, and as I have found out the guy who owned it before had updated it on his Xbox, with a firmware that doesn’t work on the Xbox accessories pc...
  4. Drift on Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 and warranty page generates an error, help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Drift on Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 and warranty page generates an error, help?: Hi, I have a Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 that has a drift on the left thumb stick, It is registered on the MS website, but when I try to raise a warranty when I click the "Enter a new...
  5. Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 - "doesn't support new firmware on PC"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 - "doesn't support new firmware on PC": Hi, I'm posting this here because I'm curious to see if anyone else is running into this issue. Recently upgraded from Xbox One to PC and I'm looking to set specific binds, but I'm not able to...
  6. Elite Series 2 Controller right stick stops working on wireless. Why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Controller right stick stops working on wireless. Why?: I have an elite series 2 that I bought in December. If I use it wirelessly, the right thumbstick stops working. I can use all other buttons and sticks. I can even click the right thumbstick but...
  7. Xbox elite controller series 2 P1 paddle problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite controller series 2 P1 paddle problem: Hello, I've received my new elite controller series 2 and I like so far my only problem is the P1 paddle is not clicky like the rest but it's working fine. Tried to replace it with the opposite...
  8. Deeply disappointed with XBox Elite Controller Series 2

in XboX Insiders
    Deeply disappointed with XBox Elite Controller Series 2: Initially i just wanted to share my feedback with MS, but since the xbox website was sending me here for feedback i will just tell you all how deeply disappointed i am by the Elite Series 2...
  9. Left Toggle & Replacement - Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Left Toggle & Replacement - Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2: Hello, I got the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 for Christmas and I have been using it the past couple of weeks, mainly playing Halo Infinite, and I have noticed that the left toggle...
  10. My xbox elite series 2 controller shuts down and my right joy stick are drifting

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox elite series 2 controller shuts down and my right joy stick are drifting: Like 1/3 of the time i press the p2 or p3 button on my elite controller it shuts down and rebuts up again but now in standard mode and after playing around with it a little I discovered that the...