Xbox Elite Controller v2 stick drift nightmare

Discus and support Xbox Elite Controller v2 stick drift nightmare in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I'd like to speak to a Microsoft ENGINEER about the problem with the Xbox Elite Controller v2 stick drift. There have been many threads on it and there... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Cyprus Glenn, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Cyprus Glenn
    Cyprus Glenn Guest

I'd like to speak to a Microsoft ENGINEER about the problem with the Xbox Elite Controller v2 stick drift. There have been many threads on it and there doesn't appear to be a fix. I have two controllers, each with the exact same problem. I only play one
    game, Rocket League. It is almost impossible to be precise. Let me give you an example of the difference between the PS4 analog sticks and Xbox Elite sticks. In Rocket League when I use a PS4 controller I can have the deadzone set to .01 and everything feels
    buttery smooth. With my Xbox Elite Controllers I have to have it set to .50 to be even remotely manageable and doing that comes with its own set of problems . Yes, you read that correctly. --> .01 <-- compared to .50. That means the stick drift is fifty times
    worse on an Xbox Elite v2 controller than on a dualshock. This is not about one controller being slightly better than the other, this is about Microsoft selling a defective product.

There have been hundreds of posts on this topic around the internet and I think it's time that it gets escalated and someone at Microsoft takes the problem seriously.

:)

Cyprus Glenn, Apr 8, 2020
  2. FabioHVSilva Win User

Hi, for the controller in EU is one year only because its a peripheral.
  3. mr olr Win User

Its one of those things. I would suggest setting a dead zone on the controller can help with this problem - its not a solutions but it will help. I would also just send the controller back to whoever you purchased it from as defective/broken.

In the EU you will have two year protection from defects like this.

Also one of the reasons I buy from Amazon as they manage returns much better than most.
  4. ruger280 Win User

controller drift

That is strange. I've only ever had stick drift on my old 360 controllers. I don't know if the standard Xbox one controllers have it, but the Xbox Elite controller sticks can be adjusted to have dead zones to avoid drift. Check in the Xbox Accessories
    app if you can adjust it for normal controllers.
    Have my elite controller set up and still drifts. Can't do standard controller. Did notice they drift worse on any COD.
  5. Darkhawk Ninja Win User

controller drift

That is strange. I've only ever had stick drift on my old 360 controllers. I don't know if the standard Xbox one controllers have it, but the Xbox Elite controller sticks can be adjusted to have dead zones to avoid drift. Check in the Xbox Accessories
    app if you can adjust it for normal controllers.
  6. Kalmarn Win User

Why does a standard Xbox controller not have stick deadzone configuration?

Deadzones aren't really intended to fix stick drift. Stick drift is a fault that needs repairing.

And the customisation is another reason to buy the Elite. They need to make it different from the standard controller.
Thema:

1. Xbox Elite Controller v2 stick drift nightmare - Similar Threads - Elite Controller stick

2. Elite Controller Series 2 Left Stick Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller Series 2 Left Stick Issues: I'm seeing this question and issue being raised more and more on the forums and instead of helping the MODS are just locking the threads. That's really a violation of the user agreement MODS....
  3. Elite controller stick drift

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller stick drift: Hello, I have an original elite controller and the left stick is drifting upwards. Is there a way to have this repaired? cab4fcd5-7b37-4369-85f0-cfbaf8df1e29
  4. Xbox Elite 2 Controller Stick Drift and Button Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite 2 Controller Stick Drift and Button Issues: Hello to every Xbox Elite 2 controller owner out there. I'm sorry to say but we're getting cheated by Microsoft with their $200 controller we paid for that comes with issues and defects. I've...
  5. Xbox Series 2 Elite Controller Stick Drift

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series 2 Elite Controller Stick Drift: I just purchased an xbox series 2 elite controller and it had stick drift out of the box. I figured maybe I just needed to break in the controller a little bit but almost two weeks later it seems...
  6. Microsoft Elite 2 Controller - Stick Drift Issue - Let us Adjust DEAD ZONE

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft Elite 2 Controller - Stick Drift Issue - Let us Adjust DEAD ZONE: Not sure if this is the correct forum to post this?? But Microsoft has no feedback forum? I am noticing a lot of people are having issues with their Elite 2 controllers, stick drift. Me too, I...
  7. Brand new elite 2 controller stick drift

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new elite 2 controller stick drift: So i just bought a new elite 2 controller. Went to play COD and the second i pressed down on the left stick it ran, same with up. Went into the configuration settings and the left stick isnt...
  8. Microsoft Elite 2 Controller 2 - Stick drift issues - Let us adjust the DEAD ZONE in your...

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Elite 2 Controller 2 - Stick drift issues - Let us adjust the DEAD ZONE in your...: I am noticing a lot of people are having issues with their Elite 2 controllers, stick drift. Me too, I have just sent mine in for repair under warranty. But this could have been easily fixed by...
  9. Microsoft Elite 2 Controller - Stick Drift Issue - Let us Adjust DEAD ZONE

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft Elite 2 Controller - Stick Drift Issue - Let us Adjust DEAD ZONE: Not sure if this is the correct forum to post this?? But Microsoft has no feedback forum? I am noticing a lot of people are having issues with their Elite 2 controllers, stick drift. Me too, I...
  10. Xbox Elite 2 Controller has multi-directional stick drift on right thumbstick

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite 2 Controller has multi-directional stick drift on right thumbstick: My Xbox Elite controller 2. I've only had used my controller for the last 4 days, and noticed the right thumbstick to be a bit wobbly while playing call of duty modern warfare. This issue cause...