Xbox Elite Series 2 controller - Controller drift and RB & LB buttons not working

Discus and support Xbox Elite Series 2 controller - Controller drift and RB & LB buttons not working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi Xbox community! I have been enjoying playing competitive Fortnite with my elite series 2 controller since February 2020 and I love it! top... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dolunay Ozdemir, Feb 22, 2022.

1. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller - Controller drift and RB & LB buttons not working

Hi Xbox community!

I have been enjoying playing competitive Fortnite

with my elite series 2 controller since February 2020

and I love it! top marks, Microsoft!

Now i have problems with the left stick, RB and LB buttons....

The left stick has a very bad case of controller drift and whenever toggle it

up, down, left or right it repeats it until i continuously toggle it in a different direction.

Very annoying if your trying to crank some Ninetys.

The LB and RB buttons have both gone stiff.

Half the time i press them it doesn't work so when i need to switch to my

shotgun my opponent is always 1 step ahead of me.

Please help if you know how to fix this

:)

Dolunay Ozdemir, Feb 22, 2022
  2. L4c3rd4 Win User

Xbox Elite Series 2 controller - Controller drift and RB & LB buttons not working

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey Dolunay, how are you today? Hope you're well.

The drift issue is usually a mechanical problem, a piece of hardware underneath the stick that needs to be replaced.

If your controller is under warranty, I suggest you open a service order for it:

Access the link below:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

Click on the "Enter" option, it will take you to your registered devices page, select "more details" in your controller, then it will take you to a page that will inform your controller's warranty, below will have the option "Start Order" then, just follow the steps from there.

If by any chance it's out of warranty, Microsoft does offer repair for the Elite 2 controllers, but charges $99 for the repair. :/
  3. D4vid 360 Win User

Xbox elite series 2 problems

I would say yes. A lot of elite controllers (series 1 and 2) have several manifacturing problems, the most common are RB/LB malfunctioning and sticks.
  4. The Deagnos Win User

Elite series 2 controller

My elite series 2 rb button doesnt work and i cant find a replacement button how do i fix this
    Microsoft knew the controllers were defective and still sold them as a good product. they wont do anything to fix your controller because its most like out of warranty thats why the warranty was so short. The whole elite series 2 was a scam

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/defective-xbox-series-2-elite-controller-and-class/2b11a3b7-d094-4073-97b7-da1dafba71ce
  5. LiThIuMxFaLcOn Win User

What's the difference between all the controllers: xbox 360, xbox 1, xbox scorpio, xbox x elite controller?

The elite controller is difference in the sense that if you want to quickly hit a button on the back of the controller which could be any button on the front or RT, LT, RB and LB! It's really good for competitive play
  6. MichaelKorlach Win User

Elite Controller Series 2 Left Stick Issues

Hey guys. I have also a problem with my Elite Controller Series 2.

My Bumper (RB / LB) doesnt work correctly...

Sometimes the Bumper didnt react if i push them.. I havt to push them very hard until they react :/.

I have allready update the controller.

Any Idea?
Thema:

1. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller - Controller drift and RB & LB buttons not working - Similar Threads - Elite Series controller

2. Xbox Game Pass Hitman 3 does not detect triggers on Xbox Elite Series 2 controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Pass Hitman 3 does not detect triggers on Xbox Elite Series 2 controller...: Issue: Elite Series 2 controller LT/RT are not detected in Hitman 3 game from Game Pass Details: I've seen the posts and solutions around this on PC with the Epic Games Store and Steam,...
  3. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller: Not really sure where to go about posting something like this, so apologies if this isn't correct. Almost two months ago I bought an Elite Series 2 controller from the Microsoft website...
  4. Xbox Elite Controller Input Lag - Xbox Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Elite Controller Input Lag - Xbox Series X: Has anybody else had an issue with their elite controllers being laggy at certain points? I’ve played Rainbow Six Siege for years now and about 2/3months ago, it started to be really laggy at the...
  5. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Broken Again.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Broken Again.: Hi, My Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 had to be sent off to be repaired/replaced at the end of 2021 for bumper issues. Five months later and the same issue has happened again but I now...
  6. Elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite series 2 controller: So probably something that everyone that owns this controller have gone through, but I had stick drift on my left thumbstick and right bumper issues. My controller fell out of warranty so I paid...
  7. Elite series 2 controller

in XBoX Accessibility
    Elite series 2 controller: My Elite series 2 controllers left joystick is drifting without being prompted to do so. What is the fix? It’s less than 6 months old 9fbf4259-515b-4254-915a-01b49e82248c
  8. Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 lagging PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 lagging PC: Hi, I'm having problems with the Elite controller series 2 lagging my PC for example in Elden Ring and even in light games like Brawhalla. It all started when I tried to cast to my Nvidia Shield...
  9. Elite Series 2 Controller Not Working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Controller Not Working: My Elite Series 2 controller is not working. The battery light keeps flashing but no buttons work, d-pad doesn’t work, can’t access anything using it. I have already tried power cycling it, hard...
  10. Elite series 1 controller Rubber NOT failing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite series 1 controller Rubber NOT failing: OK, so I got a second-hand Elite Series 1 that does not have any rubber issues so I guess the question is, what steps can I take to prevent this issue in the first place? so far I have added a...