XBox elite series 2 controller doesn't work right at all on PC

Discus and support XBox elite series 2 controller doesn't work right at all on PC in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I bought myself a controller for some games that are not ported well to PC and just for some fun. It has been nothing but sheer frustration.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Barb Morey, Dec 4, 2021.

1. Barb Morey
    Barb Morey Guest

Hello,

I bought myself a controller for some games that are not ported well to PC and just for some fun.

It has been nothing but sheer frustration. It does not work out of the box. It continually backs out of menus, does not use the standard button layout you'd expect (I played xbox for like 8 years before I built my PC; I'm familiar with how a controller should work). For example, A sometimes is select, but other times isn't; it constantly alt tabs fullscreen games to pull up Steam or Big Picture, and it doesn't work with steam big picture at all and it's software designed for a controller. It backs out of menus without hitting B, A only hovers the menu and it won't stay open like you would EXPECT a button press to open a menu to do, though rarely it behaves as expected.

I was only trying to open Outer Worlds to try the controller, and the controller prevented me from even doing that. I launched it finally, as the issues are inconsistent, and before I boot the game save file Steam forced it to alt-tab, assuming the button presses were intended for steam. I launched the game from steam; it should know I don't want to minimize the game and have A pull up menus in steam. It's a nightmare and I keep having to revert to using my mouse and keyboard to try and troubleshoot it.

It's not just steam, though, it doesn't work well with Final Fantasy XIV either. Steam *IS* part of that problem, though, as it continually uses the commands input on FFXIV which is full screen to pull up big picture, etc. In general it feels like Microsoft needs to work with Steam to get it just working out of the box. I have little patience for hardware that doesn't function perfectly. Not sure many PC enthusiasts do.

Is there an easy fix to make these things just work on PC or am I returning it? Keep in mind I have done everything on the first page of google and nothing has worked. My PC is technically recognizing it via bluetooth, and it does not have its own section in the device manager if that is a big clue. There is no software to simply install though. I should be able to google "microsoft xbox elite series 2 controller drivers" and get a driver download link. It feels like it has no actual drivers at all so everything's like "I'll have that and use it badly".

Edit: Uploaded a youtube video showing a couple of the issues described above: https://youtu.be/siJZAY3ICFo

:)

Barb Morey, Dec 4, 2021
  2. Barb Morey Win User

Wait there is no way to update the drivers for PC? Why is it listed as PC compatible then?

Thank you for the information, I will sadly be returning it. I haven't had a console in years, unless the 360 works. I have one in my basement but I'm going to sell it and don't want to have to find an xbox every time the controller starts acting up :(

If Microsoft fixes this issue so we can update drivers on PC I'd buy it again, though. The hardware itself is impressively built, very high quality. The software is a nightmare though. (and I did try with the wire, but the same issues persisted).

I appreciate you letting me know.

Barb
  3. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

Hello Barb Morey,

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your Elite Series 2 controller on PC. Do you have access to an Xbox console? That is currently the only way to update the controller as of now.

If you have not already installed the Xbox Accessoires App, download and install it from the Microsoft Store for free or click here: https://www.microsoft.com/p/xbox-accessories/9nblggh30xj3?rtc=1&activetab=pivot:overviewtab You can try remapping the A & B buttons to have no input, then reassign it to have the correct input and see if that helps.

You may have to use the controller with the wire until there is a new update available.
  4. XS1CkSk1LLZX94 Win User

Elite controller

5. MaskedMenace136 Win User

Lack of Controller care and innovation

Sorry to hear you are unsatisfied with the current Xbox controllers, however, the question forum is the incorrect place to post your feedback. Unless you are asking about current Xbox controller advancements in-which case that would be the Xbox Elite Controller
    Series 1 and Xbox Elite Controller Series 2. The Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 being the newest on the market and being awarded,
    "Best of E3 2019 - Hardware/Peripheral" - Game Critics Awards.

For more information about these new Xbox controllers please visit the below links.

Xbox Elite Controller Series 1

Xbox Elite Controller Series 2
  6. Frankyy2k9 Win User

Xbox Elite wireless controller series 2 bluetooth problem!

Hi,

I try to connect my Xbox Elite wireless controller series 2 via bluetooth on my Ipad Pro 11 inch 2018, but it can't make connection or won't be recognized. The series 2 controller supports bluetooth. I can make connection with the other older version Xbox
    One S wireless controller immediately.

I'd make a phone call with Apple support and they said that maybe the problem could be that the Xbox Elite controller series 2 won't be supported and isn't compatible with Ipad.

I want to know guys if you had the same problem and I want to ask if there will be an update in the future to solve this problem?
    At the moment the series 2 elite controller is not compatible with Iphones/Ipads. At the moment the only device that the series 2 controller is available on IOS side is the Mac and even that it's janky. Series 2 controller works fine on Android at the moment.
    Sorry if this doesn't help you, I myself is waiting for the Bluetooth proprietary to be added to the IOS list
Thema:

1. XBox elite series 2 controller doesn't work right at all on PC - Similar Threads - elite series controller

2. Drift on Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 and warranty page generates an error, help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Drift on Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 and warranty page generates an error, help?: Hi, I have a Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 that has a drift on the left thumb stick, It is registered on the MS website, but when I try to raise a warranty when I click the "Enter a new...
  3. Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 - "doesn't support new firmware on PC"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 - "doesn't support new firmware on PC": Hi, I'm posting this here because I'm curious to see if anyone else is running into this issue. Recently upgraded from Xbox One to PC and I'm looking to set specific binds, but I'm not able to...
  4. Elite Series 2 Controller right stick stops working on wireless. Why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Controller right stick stops working on wireless. Why?: I have an elite series 2 that I bought in December. If I use it wirelessly, the right thumbstick stops working. I can use all other buttons and sticks. I can even click the right thumbstick but...
  5. Xbox elite controller series 2 P1 paddle problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite controller series 2 P1 paddle problem: Hello, I've received my new elite controller series 2 and I like so far my only problem is the P1 paddle is not clicky like the rest but it's working fine. Tried to replace it with the opposite...
  6. Deeply disappointed with XBox Elite Controller Series 2

in XboX Insiders
    Deeply disappointed with XBox Elite Controller Series 2: Initially i just wanted to share my feedback with MS, but since the xbox website was sending me here for feedback i will just tell you all how deeply disappointed i am by the Elite Series 2...
  7. Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 - Right bumper frequently does not register presses or will...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 - Right bumper frequently does not register presses or will...: Hi all, My Xbox Elite Controller's right bumper has started to go bad; it either doesn't do anything or will treat one press as multiple. This has been going on for a few weeks, and I just found...
  8. Left Toggle & Replacement - Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Left Toggle & Replacement - Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2: Hello, I got the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 for Christmas and I have been using it the past couple of weeks, mainly playing Halo Infinite, and I have noticed that the left toggle...
  9. My xbox elite series 2 controller shuts down and my right joy stick are drifting

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox elite series 2 controller shuts down and my right joy stick are drifting: Like 1/3 of the time i press the p2 or p3 button on my elite controller it shuts down and rebuts up again but now in standard mode and after playing around with it a little I discovered that the...
  10. Xbox elite controller series 2 constantly disconnects

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite controller series 2 constantly disconnects: After not playing my Xbox for a while I fully updated my Xbox one after connecting to my internet . Everything is all good and swell using my regular battery controller . The problem begins when...