XBox Elite Series 2 controller no "action" settings

Discus and support XBox Elite Series 2 controller no "action" settings in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have only connected my new XBox One Elite Series 2 controller via USB cable (yet). On first connection and when I downloaded the XBox Accessories... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NULUSIOS, May 6, 2022.

1. NULUSIOS
    NULUSIOS Guest

I have only connected my new XBox One Elite Series 2 controller via USB cable (yet).

On first connection and when I downloaded the XBox Accessories app, it performed a firmware update successfully.

The picture shown on Accessories app is correct (shows an Elite 2), BUT I cannot configure actions on my buttons.

The only thing I can do on buttons, is assign one of the (other) buttons or shift.

I have seen videos that there is an "actions" tab, where I can define some OTHER action for the button (like start an application).

The lack of this tab is VERY limiting.

This is Windows 11 with all updates.

Note that Device Manager shows this as "XBox One Controller" (not Elite or Elite 2) and when I force it to use another driver (like XBox Elite Controller) it says ok, asks for a reboot (!?) and still identifies it as XBox One controller.
    Also in Bluetooth & Devices > Devices, it shows as "Controller" with only the option to disconnect it. It also doesn't show as XBox Elite 2 or anything like that.
    Maybe this is correct, maybe it is not.

Another thing I noticed, is that "Setup USB controllers" application (shows 16 buttons), when I first used it (before the firmware update), when testing the extra 4 bottom buttons, it showed a pressed BOTH one of the first 4 buttons (as the extra buttons are mapped to be shown as the first 4 by default) AND one of the last buttons (in the list of 16). So it identified I used ANOTHER button.

After the firmware update, pressing one of the extra buttons, ONLY shows one of the first 4 buttons (that are mapped to the extra buttons).
    Again, maybe this is correct - or maybe it is not.

I don't have a USB wireless controller, but will try Bluetooth. I have read though that BT connectivity limits Elite 2 functionality anyway (why!?)...
    So, I am not sure what to do next.

:)

NULUSIOS, May 6, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, NULUSIOS. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Please take a look at this video and see if you setup your Xbox Elite Series 2 properly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bhmiw_8Jtg

Also this one shows how to remap it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GM-4IHIJas

When using the Xbox Accessories App to remap a button on your controller, you can choose Primary or Shift, go to the Action tab, then choose an action from the list. The Action tab is not showing for you?
  3. FulmetalChemist Win User

xbox elite series 2 thumbstick calculation feature, what does it mean?

Hi ,

Thanks for taking the time to ask this question here on the forums. Regarding the thumbsticks on the new Xbox Elite controller series 2, the calculations refer to actions that can be taken by the thumbsticks themselves, so it essentially the following (pardon
    for the loose translations):

• Radial - based on radius of full or half-circle movements made by the thumbstick,
    • Independent axis - based on the X or Y axis (up/down, L to R movement)
    • True Diagonals - would mean true 90deg diagonals based on the X/Y axis

For further information regarding any settings on this particular controller, I'd recommend checking out the following support articles that can detail what can be done more explicitly:

Get to know your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

Adjust the thumbsticks on your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

Use the Xbox Accessories app to customize your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2  

In general, it would be a good idea to test out different settings, just to see what works best for you and makes you more comfortable in gaming with the controller.

I hope that this information helps out!
    Oh okay , thank you very much for this response.
  4. XBF Amber M Win User

xbox elite series 2 thumbstick calculation feature, what does it mean?

Hi FulmetalChemist,

Thanks for taking the time to ask this question here on the forums. Regarding the thumbsticks on the new Xbox Elite controller series 2, the calculations refer to actions that can be taken by the thumbsticks themselves, so it essentially the following (pardon
    for the loose translations):

• Radial - based on radius of full or half-circle movements made by the thumbstick,
    • Independent axis - based on the X or Y axis (up/down, L to R movement)
    • True Diagonals - would mean true 90deg diagonals based on the X/Y axis

For further information regarding any settings on this particular controller, I'd recommend checking out the following support articles that can detail what can be done more explicitly:

Use the Xbox Accessories app to customize your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2  

In general, it would be a good idea to test out different settings, just to see what works best for you and makes you more comfortable in gaming with the controller.

I hope that this information helps out!
  5. XBF Amber M Win User

Elite 2 Controller Mapping Letdown

Hi PsycoPyro88,

Thanks for the reply. The Elite controller series 2 has various methods of mapping the buttons and paddles as compared to the series 1. If you haven't done so already, I recommend taking a look at the following support articles that
    can assist you in determining how to set up the different functions, including how to use Shift with the controller to give you alternate inputs:

Use Shift with your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

Charge your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

If you'd like to contribute some ideas on how to make improvements to or about other ideas for the community, you may do so at the Xbox Idea Hub which is on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/wiki/ideas

I hope that this information helps you out!
  6. MaskedMenace136 Win User

Lack of Controller care and innovation

Sorry to hear you are unsatisfied with the current Xbox controllers, however, the question forum is the incorrect place to post your feedback. Unless you are asking about current Xbox controller advancements in-which case that would be the Xbox Elite Controller
    Series 1 and Xbox Elite Controller Series 2. The Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 being the newest on the market and being awarded,
    "Best of E3 2019 - Hardware/Peripheral" - Game Critics Awards.

For more information about these new Xbox controllers please visit the below links.

Xbox Elite Controller Series 1

Xbox Elite Controller Series 2
Thema:

1. XBox Elite Series 2 controller no "action" settings - Similar Threads - Elite Series controller

2. Enhance paddle mapping for the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller

in XboX Insiders
    Enhance paddle mapping for the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller: The Elite Series 2 has an interesting feature that allows a paddle button to be remapped to act like a shift key. This feature tells us a bit about the hardware itself. (A) The hardware is capable...
  3. Enhance paddle mapping for the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller

in XboX Insiders
    Enhance paddle mapping for the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller: The Elite Series 2 has an interesting feature that allows a paddle button to be remapped to act like a shift key. This feature tells us a bit about the hardware itself. (A) The hardware is capable...
  4. Xbox Game Pass Hitman 3 does not detect triggers on Xbox Elite Series 2 controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Pass Hitman 3 does not detect triggers on Xbox Elite Series 2 controller...: Issue: Elite Series 2 controller LT/RT are not detected in Hitman 3 game from Game Pass Details: I've seen the posts and solutions around this on PC with the Epic Games Store and Steam,...
  5. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller: Not really sure where to go about posting something like this, so apologies if this isn't correct. Almost two months ago I bought an Elite Series 2 controller from the Microsoft website...
  6. Xbox Elite Controller Input Lag - Xbox Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Elite Controller Input Lag - Xbox Series X: Has anybody else had an issue with their elite controllers being laggy at certain points? I’ve played Rainbow Six Siege for years now and about 2/3months ago, it started to be really laggy at the...
  7. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Broken Again.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Broken Again.: Hi, My Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 had to be sent off to be repaired/replaced at the end of 2021 for bumper issues. Five months later and the same issue has happened again but I now...
  8. Elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite series 2 controller: So probably something that everyone that owns this controller have gone through, but I had stick drift on my left thumbstick and right bumper issues. My controller fell out of warranty so I paid...
  9. Elite series 2 controller

in XBoX Accessibility
    Elite series 2 controller: My Elite series 2 controllers left joystick is drifting without being prompted to do so. What is the fix? It’s less than 6 months old 9fbf4259-515b-4254-915a-01b49e82248c
  10. Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 lagging PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 lagging PC: Hi, I'm having problems with the Elite controller series 2 lagging my PC for example in Elden Ring and even in light games like Brawhalla. It all started when I tried to cast to my Nvidia Shield...