Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller, no firmware update button on Xbox Accessories App PC. Pls Help.

Discus and support Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller, no firmware update button on Xbox Accessories App PC. Pls Help. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox Elite 2 firmware version is 4.7.1872.0 Problem on Android: LB - Takes me to Android Settings RB - Takes me to Android Search B - Takes me to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dwyt326, Nov 18, 2021.

1. Dwyt326
    Dwyt326 Guest

Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller, no firmware update button on Xbox Accessories App PC. Pls Help.

My Xbox Elite 2 firmware version is 4.7.1872.0

Problem on Android:
    LB - Takes me to Android Settings

RB - Takes me to Android Search

B - Takes me to the Switch App screen

Problem on PC:
    A - Open Xbox Bar
    B - Screenshots

I read somewhere that upgrading it will solve the problems.

but when I install Xbox Accessories App on PC, open the app, connect my controller through Xbox wireless adapter/wired, then clicked 3 dots on left side of "Configure" button. i only see:
    - Rename

- Turn on Vibration
    - Turn on CoPilot

I dont see any "update firmware" button or in any sort.

And i watched controller guides in Youtube on how to remap the buttons using the Xbox Accessories App, i saw somone's Xbox Acc App with an "Action" tab while mine doesnt have. I really like the xbox controllers and want this to work properly. PLS HELP

Installed the Xbox Accessories App(from Microsoft Store) both on Windows 10 (Laptop) and Windows 11 (Desktop PC)
    both OS are updated to the latest.
    I dont have Xbox Console btw

PLS HELP find a way to update my controller's firmware. it would solve everything.

:)

Dwyt326, Nov 18, 2021
  2. XBF Amber M Win User

Cannot configure xbox elite series 2 in Accessories app

Hi a.rogausch,

Thanks for keeping us updated with your replies. If I'm understanding what is happening correctly, when you attempt to begin customizing your Elite controller series 2 using your Windows 10 PC & the Xbox Accessories app, you receive a gray box that
    doesn't allow you to continue. Is this correct?

To configure the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2, please make sure that the Windows 10 May 2019 Update (or later) is installed and make sure your PC has the latest fixes. This includes any updates to the apps as well.

Update Windows 10

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store << to troubleshoot the Accessories app

This support article may also help you out: Use the Xbox Accessories app to customize your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 .

Please give the troubleshooting solutions a try and let us know the results.

I hope that this helps you out a bit more!
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

Are Xbox Wireless Controller user remap profiles supported when connecting to Windows 10 PC via bluetooth? Works fine when USB

Hi

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to answer that.

Customizing user profiles on a Windows 10 PC is not supported via Bluetooth. Any Bluetooth capable Xbox One controllers will need to be plugged in via USB-C or through the Xbox Wireless Adapter if you want to customize and use custom profiles. The Xbox Accessories
    app will not detect your controller over Bluetooth connection.

Use the Xbox Accessories app to customize your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2  

Things to keep in mind:

• The Xbox Accessories app is only available on Xbox One and Windows 10.
    • To configure the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2, get the Windows 10 May 2019 Update (or later) and make sure your PC has the latest fixes.

See how to get updates
    • The Xbox Accessories app won’t detect your controller if you’re using Bluetooth to connect to your PC. Connect your controller using Xbox Wireless, or plug the included USB-C cable into the back of the Xbox Elite Wireless
      Controller Series 2 and plug the other end into your PC. For more info, see
      How to connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller to a Windows PC

I hope this helps!
  4. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Cannot configure xbox elite series 2 in Accessories app

• To configure the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2, get the Windows 10 May 2019 Update (or later) and make sure your PC has the latest fixes.

See how to get updates
    • The Xbox Accessories app won’t detect your controller if you’re using Bluetooth to connect to your PC. Connect your controller using Xbox Wireless, or plug the included USB-C cable into the back of the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 and plug the
      other end into your PC. For more info, see
      How to connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller to a Windows PC
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Question about Xbox Elite 2 and wireless adapters on PC

Hi Asryan2a,

What do you mean by changing the actions? By remapping the buttons you change what action they do in game. You can also remap the included paddles from the default ABXY face buttons. This is all done through the Xbox Accessories App which you can download
    from the Microsoft Store and you have the May 2019 update (ver 1903). It is recommended to configure the controller on the PC using the included micro USB cable.

Check out this support article for more information: Use the Xbox Accessories app to customize your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller
    Series 2 

I hope this helps!
  6. ClausReich Win User

Xbox Series X Sync button/synced controller stopped. Sync button must work as I am able to get to BIOS. Sync button wont blink.

In this case, it wouldn't be a bad idea to update your controller's firmware. You can do this on your Series X or your Windows 10 PC. To do it on the Series X, connect it using the USB cable and then go to Settings > Devices & connections > Accessories, and then select the controller you want to update. On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select “…” to check the firmware version for your controller. Then, select the Firmware version square, and then press Next to start the update process.

To do it on Windows 10, just download the Xbox Accessories app from the Microsoft Store. If you already have it installed, just run it. After opening the app, the procedure to update is the same one as on the Series X, press the "..." button and follow those steps.

Check if your controller works correctly after doing this.
Thema:

1. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller, no firmware update button on Xbox Accessories App PC. Pls Help. - Similar Threads - Elite Series Controller

2. XBox elite series 2 controller doesn't work right at all on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox elite series 2 controller doesn't work right at all on PC: Hello, I bought myself a controller for some games that are not ported well to PC and just for some fun. It has been nothing but sheer frustration. It does not work out of the box. It...
  3. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller: Why don't the face buttons work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller: Why don't the face buttons work?: What's going on with the $180 $160 ELITE series 2 xbox controller? I just bought one (for use on PC) from the microsoft store. First time I used it, the A button was only intermittently...
  4. Elite Controller Series 2 Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller Series 2 Repair: I have an elite series 2 controller that is out of warranty. Both the left and right bumpers have stopped working, and there is severe left hand drift that I constantly have to correct. I have...
  5. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller: Just bought one of the Elite series 2 controllers a couple days ago.. Everything on it works fine except my B button. I have to press it harder than the other ones. I spent good money on this...
  6. Elite Series 2 Xbox controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Xbox controller: I've only had my Elite series 2 for roughly a week now and this is the first time I've had to charge it since then, I've already updated (using the USB-C cable supplied out of the box) to the...
  7. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller - Can't claim warranty as form broken and can't contact...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller - Can't claim warranty as form broken and can't contact...: Hey everyone/Microsoft/whoever, Bought an Elite Series 2 about 2/3 months ago, RB yesterday became less responsive especially on quicker clicks or clicks closer to the top of the controller. LB...
  8. Controller Elite Series 2 Keeps Turning off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller Elite Series 2 Keeps Turning off: I don't know if there is something I can do with it, but every time I connect the controller to the cable and I'm using it at the same time it just turns off again and again, it only happens when...
  9. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Bumper Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Bumper Issue: I purchased an Elite Series 2 controller a year and two weeks ago. I've been away on deployment and have only used it for about three months of the last twelve. The Right Bumper is unresponsive....
  10. Elite Series 2 controller shuts off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 controller shuts off.: Elite Series 2 controller shuts off when both of the joysticks are pressed to the upper left and click the RS and it can't be turned back on untill it's placed on the charger for just a second. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. elite series 2 pc update