Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Paddles not Registering in the Default Profile

Discus and support Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Paddles not Registering in the Default Profile in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Windows 10 system will not register any input when I use the paddles. The controller is on the default profile (no lights on the bottom). It use to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WillisDoering, Aug 2, 2022.

1. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Paddles not Registering in the Default Profile

My Windows 10 system will not register any input when I use the paddles. The controller is on the default profile (no lights on the bottom). It use to be able to be seen as a separate button and is a large reason why I got the controller. I tried to roll the firmware back to 4.x but it doesn't fix the issue. Does anybody have any fixes for this? Has Microsoft commented on this at all?

From what I've read this was done in a firmware update a few months ago. It appears the back paddles are now disabled when a profile isn't selected and all the profiles only allow you to map to already existing buttons. If this was intentional then I don't see why other than to alienate customers. I haven't found any offical statements from Microsoft so I'm hoping to hear that this wasn't intentional and that it is functionality that will be fixed.

I'm going to keep trying to get my $180 controller working again and post what I come up with. I bought this controller because I could remap the controls in Steam. Some games use steam integrated controls so I could map NEW controls to those paddles.

:)

WillisDoering, Aug 2, 2022
  2. lackoftraction Win User

Xbox Elite 2 controller NOT working with new firmware update

To be very, very clear, the problem is that the newest firmware updates to Xbox elite 2 controller has broken the functionality of the paddles. As of the latest firmware, the paddles are completely disabled when in default profile. The paddles used to work in default mode, and now they don't. Steam can corroborate this: last year Steam added functionality to customize the outputs of the elite controllers paddles, which means that the paddles used to output a unique signal instead on only emulating other controller buttons.

A quick internet search reveals numerous accounts from users who had used steam to customize the paddle outputs, proving that the paddles used to work. You can also see a growing number of recent complaints from Elite controller users who are realizing that their paddle inputs are now broken. This is not an isolated occurrence, the elite controller was broken by the latest firmware updates, and people are realizing it.

The changes made to the Xbox elite 2 Controller paddles in the latest firmware updates NEED TO BE REVERTED.
  3. NeoDan123 Win User

Xbox elite controller 2

Each Elite controller series 2 comes with 1 set of paddles. You can order replacement paddles, thumbsticks etc.

Series 1 paddles, thumbsticks is not compatible with series 2.
  4. SoullessCodith Win User

Xbox Elite Series 2 controller with different colored paddles???

I have an elite series 2 controller. All of the paddles are the same color.
  5. SimonNielsen5 Win User

Elite Controller 2 paddles not registering in app

Same issue here, after various updates to Windows 11.

Firstly, the device was before recognised as "xbox elite series 2" I believe, but is now recognised as a generic xbox wireless controller.

Secondly, the paddles on the back are now disabled if no profile is selected. However, if a profile is selected, the paddles on the back are recognised as the A, B, X and Y buttons.

Fingers crossed MS will update this soon! Great controller otherwise. I would like to be able to use the paddles though.
  6. TomaToMcNuggets Win User

Series X controller wish?

If all of the series X controllers act like the elite series 2 just without the paddles that would be perfect but i’m not sure what the likelihood of that happening would be.
Thema:

Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Paddles not Registering in the Default Profile

1. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Paddles not Registering in the Default Profile - Similar Threads - Elite Series Controller

2. Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting.: Noticed in the last 2 weeks or so my elite controller will randomly disconnect for about 5-10 seconds and then reconnect. Anyone know how to solve this issue? I believe there was an update that...
  3. Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 "Bricks"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 "Bricks": So my controller (Elite series 2) randomly bricks. Not being useable. It can't be turned off and unplugging it or plugging it back in won't help it. However once I unplug my headset it becomes...
  4. Elite Series 2 Controller shows as "Paired" with PC, but wont stay connected

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Controller shows as "Paired" with PC, but wont stay connected: I just recently got an Elite series 2 controller to game with on my PC and the setup seemed easy enough. Make sure PC bluetooth is on, hold pair button and let them pair, PLAY! It didnt work out...
  5. Xbox Elite series 2 controller out of warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite series 2 controller out of warranty: My controller has been experiencing issues with the bumpers as it won't recognise the inputs and the same with one of the rear buttons on the additional buttons you can add on . As the controller...
  6. elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    elite series 2 controller: Why is it that i have seen multiple people complaining about the bumpers stopped working only a month after the warranty expired. mine did the same thing, but to send it for repairs its going to...
  7. Repair for my elite controller series 2 not needing to be returned.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Repair for my elite controller series 2 not needing to be returned.: I have put if for a repair for my elite controller series 2 as its suffering from extreme stick drift, but upon requesting a repair it now says I don't need to send the controller back and one is...
  8. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller: I am on my 4th elite controller and I am having the same issue over and over again with the right bumper. It keeps going out and no matter what I do I can’t fix it, are there any suggestions on...
  9. Unable to downgrade Elite Series 2 controller for PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to downgrade Elite Series 2 controller for PC: About 6 months ago, my controller received an update and I was no longer able to use the "Accessories" app to customize it. I've tried both methods listed here to downgrade but neither work for...
  10. Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 left analog issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 left analog issue: Hello, Recently I started to have an issue with the left analog stick on my elite series 2 controller. When moving in the upward motion it either gets stuck or is unresponsive. I verified this in...