Xbox Elite Series 2 disconnecting (Firmware issue?)

Discus and support Xbox Elite Series 2 disconnecting (Firmware issue?) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Like the title says, i believe that my new Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller has some firmware issues that lead to disconnects. I'm using the latest... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Alejandro W., Jul 5, 2022.

1. Alejandro W.
    Alejandro W. Guest

Like the title says, i believe that my new Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller has some firmware issues that lead to disconnects.

I'm using the latest Windows 11 and the controllers firmware is up to date. I've tried bluetooth and via the xbox wifi stick.

Disabling power saving functions in the hardware manager doesn't help either. I've tried every troubleshooting, no matter the constellation, the bugs are always the same.

The issues result in disconnects that last up to 5-10 seconds, which is really annoying.

When using the audio out port of the controller it's clear, that there are constant small connections issues which lead to choppy audio, which eventually lead to a full crash and said 5-10s disconnects. Using rumble seemingly makes it worse.

I know that i'm not the only one because i've seen many topics like these with the same problems which all seem to indicate that it's in fact a firmware issue with the elite series 2. Which is a shame because i don't need to tell anybody how expensive that controller is.

Is an update/fix in the works? Is the dev team even aware? Thanks in advance. Xbox Elite Series 2 disconnecting (Firmware issue?) :)

:)

Alejandro W., Jul 5, 2022
  2. Alex_Sisk Win User

Controller Firmware Update - Messed up my controller?!?

I got my Series X in January, and never even took the included controller out of the box, because I own the Elite Series 2. When I dropped my Elite Series 2 (oof) recently, I sent it off for out-of-warranty repair, and pulled out the basic controller, still wrapped and taped in the foam bag in the box.

Stock controller worked fine for a few days, then there was a firmware update - recently, and I'm having intermittent disconnections all the time. It works fine when wired with a USB-A -> USB-C cable (I use the 9-foot one that comes with the Elite Series 2).

I decided, since I'd never had trouble with connectivity on the Elite Series 2, that I would buy a 2nd one, brand new of course. It 100% required me to update before proceeding.

Since I never had issues with the Series X and Elite Series 2, I wasn't aware of the known connectivity issues until the basic controller started intermittently dropping connection.. After searching, I saw that there were a ton of articles from way back in January, including Microsoft acknowledging the problem and releasing a firmware update in March...

Yet here I am with a freshly unwrapped Series X controller AND a brand new, (delivered Sept. 7th) SECOND $180 Elite Series 2 controller, and BOTH are cutting out intermittently..

-Sitting Less than 7 feet from my console

-I keep my batteries charged - both the Elite's internal, and the Enelooph Pro AA rechargeables that I use in the regular controller.

-As I mentioned, latest firmware on controller

-Of course, latest firmware/software on Series X console

-Both controllers work fine when wired.

-Already performed hard power cycle on the controller as well as the console.

-1st Elite (the one being repaired) never had issues until I dropped it - but it was never exposed to that new firmware)

-That's 8 months I used my 1st Elite Series 2 with the Series X and no problems.

It seems to me that the original intermittent connectivity issues were never resolved.
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, Alejandro. Thanks for reaching out. I'm Lucas, an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be glad to help you out.

Did the issue start when you updated the controller firmware?

Have you tried to reinstall the controller driver to see how it goes?

If this is really a firmware issue, I would suggest you to report it to the Xbox team:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...

But we can test to see if no troubleshooting step fix the issue, my friend.
  4. EnigmaNL Win User

after latest firmware update the wireless xbox controlled is no more correctly recognized on PC if connected using bluetooth

I have the very same issue with my Xbox Elite Controller Series 2. Very annoying indeed.

How can the Xbox firmware not be recognized by the PC software? Huge oversight by Microsoft...
  5. DrifterX22 Win User

Xbox Elite Series 2 RB/LB double clicking (Double Input bug)

I have the elite series 2 from release day and have no issues with it. if it was a driver/firmware issue everyone would have the problem.
  6. the elz Win User

Revert/Rollback/Downgrade Xbox Controller Firmware. There is a way to do this!!! (FULL guide with pics)

im on firmware 5.11.3118.0 for xboxc series S controller - latest, been on for weeks, before the problems with constantly disconnecting & reconnecting to the console after the latest console update about 2 weeks ago.

series S

OS10.0.22000.3055

Shell 2111.0.2112.11002

tried the controller firmware rollback via xbox assist, when you check the firmware it just says something went wrong - its on the latest firmware.......
Thema:

1. Xbox Elite Series 2 disconnecting (Firmware issue?) - Similar Threads - Elite Series disconnecting

2. Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting.: Noticed in the last 2 weeks or so my elite controller will randomly disconnect for about 5-10 seconds and then reconnect. Anyone know how to solve this issue? I believe there was an update that...
  3. Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 keeps disconnecting from BT and usb when playing games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 keeps disconnecting from BT and usb when playing games.: So when I am playing games like Apex, Borderlands, God of War or any others, the elite controller will connect in the beginning and as I play the game, the game will lag, and the controller...
  4. Elite controller series 2 disconnecting from Xbox series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Elite controller series 2 disconnecting from Xbox series X: I’ve seen this question out there before but the comments were locked and no answers were given to fix the issue. Both my console and my controller are up to date on all firmware available. My...
  5. My Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 keeps disconnecting when I use Bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 keeps disconnecting when I use Bluetooth: About a month ago I sold my kidney for an Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2. I use it only with my windows 10/11 computer. I'm using my Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 device with...
  6. Elite Series 2 Disconnect issues.

in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 Disconnect issues.: So I saw a thread on this sub that was 3 years old and am shocked that in 2022 it could still be an issue. I have an Elite Series 2 connected to a Series S and randomly (usually in the middle of a...
  7. XBOX Elite series 2 Disconnecting from PC bluetooth upon vibrating ingame (Only when...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX Elite series 2 Disconnecting from PC bluetooth upon vibrating ingame (Only when...: Same as this post from 2 years ago. Problem is still present. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/xbox-elite-series-2-disconnecting-from-pc/7e5a964a-16cc-4e83-8dec-aa8c858b875c...
  8. Xbox elite controller series 2 constantly disconnects

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite controller series 2 constantly disconnects: After not playing my Xbox for a while I fully updated my Xbox one after connecting to my internet . Everything is all good and swell using my regular battery controller . The problem begins when...
  9. Xbox elite controller series 2 constantly disconnects

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox elite controller series 2 constantly disconnects: After not playing my Xbox for a while I fully updated my Xbox one after connecting to my internet . Everything is all good and swell using my regular battery controller *update this even happens...
  10. Xbox Elite Series 2 FPS drop and disconnect constantly over BT on Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Elite Series 2 FPS drop and disconnect constantly over BT on Windows 11: Running an elite V2 over BT to the most recent version of Win 11. I have connected the controller via USB and updated using the Xbox Accessories App. Every couple of minutes while playing a game I...