xbox elite series 2 thumbstick calculation feature, what does it mean?

Discus and support xbox elite series 2 thumbstick calculation feature, what does it mean? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; hello, I recently bought an Xbox elite controller series 2. In the Xbox app, on the right or left thumbstick, there is a feature called thumbstick... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FulmetalChemist, Nov 8, 2019.

1. xbox elite series 2 thumbstick calculation feature, what does it mean?

hello, I recently bought an Xbox elite controller series 2.

In the Xbox app, on the right or left thumbstick,

there is a feature called thumbstick calculations.

On the original Xbox Elite controller series 1 there was just a box you can check called radial calculation.

well on the series 2 elite there is 3 thumbstick calculation, what do each of these options mean?

-Radial

-independant axis

-true diagonals

:)

FulmetalChemist, Nov 8, 2019
  2. FulmetalChemist Win User

Hi ,

Thanks for taking the time to ask this question here on the forums. Regarding the thumbsticks on the new Xbox Elite controller series 2, the calculations refer to actions that can be taken by the thumbsticks themselves, so it essentially the following (pardon
    for the loose translations):

• Radial - based on radius of full or half-circle movements made by the thumbstick,
    • Independent axis - based on the X or Y axis (up/down, L to R movement)
    • True Diagonals - would mean true 90deg diagonals based on the X/Y axis

For further information regarding any settings on this particular controller, I'd recommend checking out the following support articles that can detail what can be done more explicitly:

Get to know your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

Adjust the thumbsticks on your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

Use the Xbox Accessories app to customize your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2  

In general, it would be a good idea to test out different settings, just to see what works best for you and makes you more comfortable in gaming with the controller.

I hope that this information helps out!
    Oh okay , thank you very much for this response.
  3. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi FulmetalChemist,

Thanks for taking the time to ask this question here on the forums. Regarding the thumbsticks on the new Xbox Elite controller series 2, the calculations refer to actions that can be taken by the thumbsticks themselves, so it essentially the following (pardon
    for the loose translations):

• Radial - based on radius of full or half-circle movements made by the thumbstick,
    • Independent axis - based on the X or Y axis (up/down, L to R movement)
    • True Diagonals - would mean true 90deg diagonals based on the X/Y axis

For further information regarding any settings on this particular controller, I'd recommend checking out the following support articles that can detail what can be done more explicitly:

Get to know your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

Adjust the thumbsticks on your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

Use the Xbox Accessories app to customize your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2  

In general, it would be a good idea to test out different settings, just to see what works best for you and makes you more comfortable in gaming with the controller.

I hope that this information helps out!
  4. NeoDan123 Win User

Xbox elite controller 2

Each Elite controller series 2 comes with 1 set of paddles. You can order replacement paddles, thumbsticks etc.

Series 1 paddles, thumbsticks is not compatible with series 2.
  5. annix Win User

Microsoft, Please Make a 360-style Xbox One Controller

Now obviously this doesn’t help if you just plain prefer the layout and feel of the 360 controller, but the Elite Series 2 which is coming out soon does have one feature which I’m sure will make people like yourself excited.

On the Elite Series 2 they’ve made the tension of the thumbsticks adjustable, the lowest tension setting is specifically tuned to emulate the feel of the 360’s thumbsticks.

Now for me I have larger hands, and the Xbox One controller feels a bit nicer in them than the 360 controller ever did, that said, I am looming forward to being able to switch back to the 360 style thumbsticks, not that it will likely do much for getting
    me back to as good at FPSs as I was back then.
  6. XBF Chris J Win User

Manette élite série 2, la batterie ? [Translation-Elite 2 series controller, the battery?]

Hello Matthieucarlot,

Thank you for posting here on the Xbox forums. Looking at the website, I am not seeing any extra bonus for pre ordering. Check out this link regarding the

Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

A list of items you will be getting :

• Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2
    • Carrying case
    • Set of 6 thumbsticks: Standard (2), Classic (2), Tall (1), Wide Dome (1)
    • Set of 4 paddles: Medium (2), Mini (2)
    • Set of 2 D-pads: Standard, Faceted
    • Thumbstick-adjustment tool
    • Charging dock
    • USB-C cable

Hope this helps!
Thema:

1. xbox elite series 2 thumbstick calculation feature, what does it mean? - Similar Threads - elite series thumbstick

2. Elite Controller Series 2 Issues. Third time's the charm, right?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller Series 2 Issues. Third time's the charm, right?: Hi all, I've seen it a couple times already, but I would like to make note of an additional case of it. I pre-ordered the Elite Controller Series 2 having never owned a modified controller;...
  3. Elite Controller Series 2 connect BlueTooth headset

in XBoX Accessibility
    Elite Controller Series 2 connect BlueTooth headset: Is it possible on an Elite Controller Series 2 to connect a BlueTooth headset such as the Xbox 360 Wireless Chat Headset? e96b7131-04eb-4d15-9e16-881542d27ae4
  4. Cannot configure Elite Series 2 Controller

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot configure Elite Series 2 Controller: I have an Xbox Elite Series 2 controller which I am trying to configure using Xbox Accessories App on an up to date Windows 10 PC. I use a Microsoft Account Login and am connected to an Xbox Live...
  5. Elite series 2 controller purchase via rewards app on Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite series 2 controller purchase via rewards app on Xbox: Hi, I purchased the Xbox elite series 2 controller via the Xbox rewards app offer on the 9th November & received the controller on the 12th November. I'm wondering when the 15000 points will get...
  6. I pre-ordered the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 back in June and have not...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I pre-ordered the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 back in June and have not...: I Called the 877-696-7786 and they are saying that because I did not order the item to be picked up at a store, my controller would not be delivered until December 23rd which is outrageous. I...
  7. Cannot configure Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller - error 0x800708CA

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot configure Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller - error 0x800708CA: I get the below error whenever I try to use the app. I have updated Windows to latest version, tried logging into a Microsoft account, etc-- no change. When I search this error code in general it...
  8. Xbox elite series 2, problems with bluetooth on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox elite series 2, problems with bluetooth on PC: Hello, as mentioned above, I have connectivity issues. When Xbox elite series 2 is the only device connected via bluetooth to my laptop, it works perfectly. But after connecting my bluetooth...
  9. Elite Series 2 controller buttons partially functioning when moving left thumbstick

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 controller buttons partially functioning when moving left thumbstick: Hey, so myself and a friend have noticed something with the Elite Series 2 controllers. When you move the left thumbstick to the left and try to push the Y button (either the actual button or the...
  10. Are Series 1 thumbsticks going to be compatible with the Series 2 Elite Controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are Series 1 thumbsticks going to be compatible with the Series 2 Elite Controller?: I prefer the mid-height domed thumbstick on the Elite Series 1 controller. I'm looking to upgrade to Series 2, but I'm curious if I'll be able to use the thumbstick designs from my Series 1. Is...