Xbox Elite V2 controller issue with new controller update

Discus and support Xbox Elite V2 controller issue with new controller update in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Alpha skip ahead on series S console, using elite V2 controller with chatpad (tried without as well). Controller/chatpad work fine on Xbox directly.... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/NJJH, Sep 10, 2021.

1. /u/NJJH
    /u/NJJH Guest

Alpha skip ahead on series S console, using elite V2 controller with chatpad (tried without as well). Controller/chatpad work fine on Xbox directly.

Downloaded the update fine, but when I went to connect the controller to my iPad it wouldn't connect using the existing connection. I had to search for it and now it shows up as "Xbox wireless controller" where it USED to show "Xbox elite wireless controller".

The controller pairs with the iPad but the iPad does not recognize any inputs. I was able to successfully pair my Scorpio Edition controller and leave a report on the Xbox but was not able to play cloud gaming OR console streaming using my elite controller (which normally is no problem)

HOWEVER! I found a sort of workaround, in that I'm in my house and my Xbox is just in a different room (where the baby is sleeping). I was able to keep the controller paired to the console and essentially just use the iPad as a wireless display, but that did add a different type of input latency. The controller felt snappier BUT on-screen it didn't register as immediately (obviously.). Also obviously this will only work in my home, within range, and doesn't work for remote gaming away from home.

Like I said, I reported this on console but it was difficult to type using the on screen keyboard and the d pad. I wanted to leave a more thorough issue here. Thank you devs!

submitted by /u/NJJH
    [link] [comments]

/u/NJJH, Sep 10, 2021
  2. MarsNeedsTacos Win User

New Xbox Elite 2 Controller (Windows 10)

The white Elite controller is not an Elite V2, just a minor revision with new color.
  3. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Looking for a new Controller

The Elite controller (or maybe the Elite V2) are easily the best controllers, but they're also expensive. The new Kait edition Xbox One controller looks fantastic too, so I'd say go with that if you don't want to fork out for an Elite controller.
  4. RangerTail Win User

Xbox Elite Controllerv2 [Mod removed]

I don't play hard or competitively. Just google Elite controller v2 issues and view the results - its staggering.

However, I have no problem going online to let everyone know to avoid this controller like COVID.

In addition, Microsoft has acknowledged that this is an issue:

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-elite-controller-series-2-buyers-report-widespread-issues

So......?

Update:

Switched to my 39.00 Afterglow controller that Ive had for 4 years, The fact that the 39.00 Afterglow has out-performed the 300.00 elite v2 is pathetic on so many levels...
  5. Prince Akilleuz Win User

Elite controller series 2

maybe? if you look at the shape of the new XBOX ELITE V2 controller, you can see that it is different by the grips.
  6. Fl0ydPinkert0n Win User

Question about controller

Weight, options / customizations, and obviously price.

More info on the Elite: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/controllers/elite-wireless-controller

And the Elite V2: https://www.xbox.com/en-us/xbox-one/accessories/controllers/elite-wireless-controller-series-2
Thema:

1. Xbox Elite V2 controller issue with new controller update - Similar Threads - Elite controller issue

2. Has anyone had any issues (aside from PC connectivity) with the Elite 2 controllers after...

in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone had any issues (aside from PC connectivity) with the Elite 2 controllers after...: I haven't updated yet since I've heard people talking about weird thumbstick problems with updates in the past. I don't mind updating the controller if the only issue is PC connectivity, but I...
  3. Xbox Elite V2 and XSX Controllers issue when connected to PC after update.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Elite V2 and XSX Controllers issue when connected to PC after update.: I updated both my Elite V2 and XSX controllers so they can switch back and forth from my console to my pc with bluetooth and although that is working fine there is another issue. When I connect my...
  4. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller - Hardware Issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller - Hardware Issues: Hey all, PC user here. I picked up an Elite Series 2 controller a while ago and have had quite a few issues with it, when it works it's great - but for seemingly no reason it just seems to...
  5. controller issue on windows 10 (elite series 2)

in XBoX on Windows
    controller issue on windows 10 (elite series 2): My xbox controller(s) all connect fine both wirelessly or wired. My only issue is that they do not function in any game excluding steam games. All my drivers are up to date, I've tried trouble...
  6. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller bluetooth pc connection issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller bluetooth pc connection issues: I have a Elite Series 2 controller that I've been using on PC for about a year. Its always randomly disconnected from Bluetooth during gameplay, and i would have to go to BT settings, forget the...
  7. Xbox elite series 2 controller Bluetooth issues (PC)

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox elite series 2 controller Bluetooth issues (PC): Hello everyone, Here to report that the issue regarding the Bluetooth connection is not resolved at the te of this post (May 2021). I was sent 2 controllers that I updated through Xbox...
  8. Xbox Elite controller series 2 left stick/dpad issue

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Elite controller series 2 left stick/dpad issue: My elite controller has been working well since last Christmas. Just today, when I plugged it in, my controller curser started moving to the left. On all programs across my pc it does this. I cant...
  9. Xbox Elite Wireless controller series 2 trigger issue.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless controller series 2 trigger issue.: Hey, I have the Xbox Elite Wireless controller series 2 Firmware Version 4.8.1908.0 and (I don't know if it is just me or everyone) while playing forza motorsport 7 my triggers rt and lt glitch...
  10. Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues: My xbox elite series 2 controller stopped working wirelessly. I was playing a game and it just turned off. It would not let me turn it back on. I let it charge for over four hours, and tried...