Xbox Elite Version 2 Controller Disconnect

Discus and support Xbox Elite Version 2 Controller Disconnect in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Since a moderator named Brad decided to close a thread that wasn't old or even had any kind of help from an actual Xbox support tech, I will start up a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PassyPass, Jul 1, 2020 at 6:03 AM.

1. PassyPass
    PassyPass Guest

Since a moderator named Brad decided to close a thread that wasn't old or even had any kind of help from an actual Xbox support tech, I will start up a new one.

Have had my Elite v2 controller since release, warranty ran out in like March. About a two months ago my controller decided to start disconnecting from my Xbox for about 10-15 seconds then reconnect. That would happen here and there. Now the last two weeks
    my controller disconnects every thirty minutes while I'm playing wired or wireles. This seems to be a bigger problem then Xbox wants to admit, I have came across many threads on reddit and on here with people running into this problem, yet I have yet to see
    a solution from Xbox. To me that is frustrating and sad, for a piece of equipment that costs just under 200 dollars and nothing is being done to fix it or even say "we you and we are working on a fix". Up till this issue , best controller I have ever used
    but now it's worthless to use unless I'm playing a game were me being unable to move for 15 seconds is okay and I won't die.

Will we hear anything from anyone from Xbox about this issue?

:)

1 person likes this.
  2. PassyPass Win User

I have already done all the "try this" action. I have unpaired and repaired. I have tried to download an update, wired and wireless. I have ran the battery completely dead and recharged it to full.

Unless my steelseries headset is causing this , which I have had for awhile, and it didn't do this before, is causing interruption with the connection . I'm at a loss.

I have probably came across atleast a hundred people with the same issues. on these forums or Xbox reddit.

I have had this controller since November, when it was released. when I put in the serial number in the device check Microsoft has it said the warranty had run out in March or April. Which is pretty upsetting. Because now I'm stuck with a controller that
    reconnects every 30 minutes, think if this controller was used in an esports exclusively and this problem kept happening. talk about bad advertisement. Guess Microsoft is lucky its not. I really hope something like a update comes out because that's a waste
    of 180 dollars.
  3. ACcc08 Win User

I don't have the same issue, but am also having problems with my controller - RB sticking, left joystick not registering up movement. Purchased in January, warranty expired last month. It was great while it lasted, but this is ridiculous for a 'premium'
    Microsoft product that was a

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qflhejZNTGA

with "thousands of hours of play testing". My standard Xbox controller has outlived this one. If the data is available, I'm going to pull my hours played or hours online, but it is no where near 1000 hours.

I've submitted a customer service request and they reiterated that my warranty has expired. I've asked them to escalate to their superiors. Hopefully Microsoft will help resolve all of our issues.
  4. PassyPass Win User

huh? two controllers? nope just one . steelseries is the headset that uses the same Xbox connection tech as the controllers.
  5. McMillJon Win User

Sorry to hear about this.

One thing i could suggest if you haven't tried it is the following trying to update your controller firmware:

• Connect a controller to your Xbox One with a USB cable. Keep any headsets connected to the controller.
    • Connect to Xbox Live.
    • Press the Menu
    • Go to Settings > Devices & accessories. Select the controller.
    • If you have multiple controllers attached, you can select Buzz – which will cause the selected controller to vibrate.
    • Then select Update to download the new firmware to the controller attached via the USB cable, and the screen will show the Updating controller … progress screen
    • When you see the Controller updated screen, press ‘B’ to go back to the Devices & accessories main page

How long have you had this controller for? if it is under warranty and the above option doesn't work. I suggest contacting the retailer and claiming it under warranty.
  6. PassyPass Win User

I don't have the same issue, but am also having problems with my controller - RB sticking, left joystick not registering up movement. Purchased in January, warranty expired last month. It was great while it lasted, but this is ridiculous for a 'premium'
    Microsoft product that was a

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qflhejZNTGA

with "thousands of hours of play testing". My standard Xbox controller has outlived this one. If the data is available, I'm going to pull my hours played or hours online, but it is no where near 1000 hours.

I've submitted a customer service request and they reiterated that my warranty has expired. I've asked them to escalate to their superiors. Hopefully Microsoft will help resolve all of our issues.
    good idea. same with the warranty . extremely upsetting
Thema:

1. Xbox Elite Version 2 Controller Disconnect - Similar Threads - Elite Version Controller

2. Warranty for elite controller version 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Warranty for elite controller version 2: I would like to know the warranty for the elite controller version 2. The back paddles have stopped working, all four of them. 02cdcd56-caf6-405e-be4c-7a52a6b2c3b2
  3. XBOX ONE ELITE S2 CONTROLLER VERSION. FST-00001 AND FST-00008.......

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE ELITE S2 CONTROLLER VERSION. FST-00001 AND FST-00008.......: Hi, I need some informations about product version, I spoke to Sales people from Microsoft Stores but nobody have this informations and suggest to check with technical Microsoft Dept. Microsoft...
  4. xbox elite controller black paddles not suitable for the standard version?

in XboX Insiders
    xbox elite controller black paddles not suitable for the standard version?: [IMG] submitted by /u/egkasy [link] [comments]
  5. Elite controller version 2 worst controller ever. DONT BUY

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller version 2 worst controller ever. DONT BUY: This is the worst controller Microsoft has ever made by far. Plus there is no warranty on the damn thing they told me after 5 months of ownership that there wasnt a warranty on the controller. 180...
  6. Xbox Elite Controller Version 2 Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller Version 2 Repair: I got the elite version 2 controller almost as soon as it came out, i wasn’t playing a whole lot because I was in school, and even with just light usage after less than 2 months both bumpers were...
  7. When Will Windows 7 Driver Be Added For Xbox One Elite Version 2 Controller ?

in XBoX on Windows
    When Will Windows 7 Driver Be Added For Xbox One Elite Version 2 Controller ?: Hello. I had to replace the my version 2 elite for a faulty analog stick. That controller worked on Windows 7. When I got the replacement controller I could not get my computer to find the driver...
  8. Xbox one elite controller version 2 in Gears 5 style

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one elite controller version 2 in Gears 5 style: Does Microsoft have a plan to make new elite controller v.2.0 in Gears 5 style? e1c4fbc4-d13e-463d-8890-5241109c6380
  9. The configuration of Xbox Elite controller on Win10 LTSC version

in XBoX on Windows
    The configuration of Xbox Elite controller on Win10 LTSC version: As the picture shown below, it says I have to get the windows 10 update of May or later updates and make sure my computer have the latest patches. but my computer is win10 LTSC version , which...
  10. Xbox One Wireless Adapter (New Version) Doesn't work with Xbox Elite controller Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One Wireless Adapter (New Version) Doesn't work with Xbox Elite controller Windows 10: Hi I recently bought an Xbox One Wireless adapter for the PC to connect my Xbox One elite controller to use wireless. Now, I have no issues with drivers and such with seems to be the common issue...