Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 Issues (works wired but not over bluetooth)

Discus and support Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 Issues (works wired but not over bluetooth) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Looks to be a common issue according to Reddit. Whenever I unplug my controller it stops working. The first step to even get it to recognize the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JaysonCooper, Nov 15, 2021.

1. JaysonCooper
    JaysonCooper Guest

Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 Issues (works wired but not over bluetooth)

Looks to be a common issue according to Reddit.

Whenever I unplug my controller it stops working.

The first step to even get it to recognize the device after being unplugged is to go into bluetooth devices, find the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller, select "remove device", then enter pairing mode on the controller, "add a bluetooth or other device" then select the top option to pair a bluetooth device. Any time I plug my controller in and then unplug it I have to go through these steps first to get it to function at all.

THEN it is still unusable.

IF Xbox bar is ON and "Open Xbox Game Bar using this button on a controller: (Xbox button)" is CHECKED: Both "A" and "(Xbox button)" will open the game bar overlay while in a game.

IF Xbox bar is ON and "Open Xbox Game Bar using this button on a controller: (Xbox button)" is NOT - CHECKED: The overlay will no longer open with either button, but the "A" button will often take a screenshot through Steam (even if the screenshot shorcut button in steam is set to "none". It also causes my entire system to stutter.

IF Xbox bar is OFF: The overlay will no longer open with either button, but the "A" button will often take a screenshot through Steam (even if the screenshot shorcut button in steam is set to "none". It also causes my entire system to stutter.

:)

JaysonCooper, Nov 15, 2021
  2. SamQY Win User

Xbox 360 controller not working with Xbox Cloud Gaming.

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the community. How are you?

This controller does not support xCloud. These are the controllers you can use.

Official Xbox controllers

Xbox Wireless Controller (Bluetooth or USB connection)

Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 1 (USB connection only)

Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 (Bluetooth or USB connection)

Xbox Adaptive Controller (Bluetooth or USB connection)
  3. Frankyy2k9 Win User

Xbox Elite wireless controller series 2 bluetooth problem!

Hi,

I try to connect my Xbox Elite wireless controller series 2 via bluetooth on my Ipad Pro 11 inch 2018, but it can't make connection or won't be recognized. The series 2 controller supports bluetooth. I can make connection with the other older version Xbox
    One S wireless controller immediately.

I'd make a phone call with Apple support and they said that maybe the problem could be that the Xbox Elite controller series 2 won't be supported and isn't compatible with Ipad.

I want to know guys if you had the same problem and I want to ask if there will be an update in the future to solve this problem?
    At the moment the series 2 elite controller is not compatible with Iphones/Ipads. At the moment the only device that the series 2 controller is available on IOS side is the Mac and even that it's janky. Series 2 controller works fine on Android at the moment.
    Sorry if this doesn't help you, I myself is waiting for the Bluetooth proprietary to be added to the IOS list
  4. Buachaill Dona Win User

Xbox elite controller 2 question

5. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

Xbox elite series 2

6. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Hi there Jayson welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. I suggest uninstalling the accessories app completely! Everytime that it tried to give me a hard time I do this and it works wonders! Here are the steps!

https://www.techadvisor.com/how-to/windows/remo...

NOTE: This is a third party link that is not Microsoft's property, so you might encounter advertising on the website.
Thema:

1. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 Issues (works wired but not over bluetooth) - Similar Threads - Elite Wireless Controller

2. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 Problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 Problems: My Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 has issues. The right thumb stick suffers from stick drift, the left trigger sticks when in the resting position and rest of the buttons seem to have...
  3. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 Doesn't Work on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 Doesn't Work on PC: Previously I was using the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 and it was working for PC but could not use the quick switching so i stopped frequently using it on PC. Noticing that a new...
  4. For those who have problems with the elite wireless controller series 2 not automatically...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    For those who have problems with the elite wireless controller series 2 not automatically...: Problem: OK here is the problem for me and many people have (elite wireless controller series 2 not automatically reconnect with the last PC/Bluetooth device its paired too and we have to unpair...
  5. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 Firmware Update Stuck (PC)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 Firmware Update Stuck (PC): Hey, I bought my Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 yesterday, and tried to update the controller with the Xbox Accessories App (to use the customization features). But the update progress...
  6. xbox elite wireless controller series 2 Android issue

in XboX Insiders
    xbox elite wireless controller series 2 Android issue: Hi. I just Bought xbox elite wireless controller series 2 for my nephew to play Call of Duty Mobile. I've connected to his Samsung s7 Plus Tablet and everything seemed fine, but after starting...
  7. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller not working with xCloud on Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller not working with xCloud on Windows 10: I tried xCloud for the first time this afternoon, but my controller isn't working. I have a Series 2 Xbox Elite Controller, connected to my PC using the official Xbox Wireless Adapter. The...
  8. Xbox Wireless Elite Controller Series 2 not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Elite Controller Series 2 not working: My elite series 2 controller, which I’ve only had for a year, was working fine for the first 6 months and then I noticed the bumbers were starting to become defective (It wouldn’t register unless...
  9. Xbox Elite Wireless controller series 2 trigger issue.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless controller series 2 trigger issue.: Hey, I have the Xbox Elite Wireless controller series 2 Firmware Version 4.8.1908.0 and (I don't know if it is just me or everyone) while playing forza motorsport 7 my triggers rt and lt glitch...
  10. Elite Wireless Controller Xbox

in XBoX on Mobile
    Elite Wireless Controller Xbox: I made the worst decision in my life with getting the Elite Wireless Controller and the X-box scorpio Project. The controller looks amazing, but this controller can’t connect to my iphone 12 pro...